5.0 out of 5 stars Black Carpet Lagoona Blue
Published 7 months ago by Gingerbreadforest

3.0 out of 5 stars Monster High Frights, Camera, Action! Black Carpet Lagoona Blue Doll
Overall I like her. Her hair is beautiful and the teal in it is a really nice color. Her face is painted very pretty, one of the cuter Lagoonas.

I'm just disappointed that you can take the leg fins off, but you can't take the fins on the arms off. I really like Lagoona's face, but I'm not a big fan of the fins. So I kind of just have to live with them...
Published 6 months ago by Alyssa Greatbanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Carpet Lagoona Blue, December 3, 2013
Lagoona Blue, Daughter of the Sea Monster, is striking in her black carpet look in this new Frights, Camera, Action! budget doll. She usually has blue streaks in her hair, but in this version her streaks are much more prominent and a brighter Caribbean blue than her usual shade. Lagoona’s make-up is also bolder than usual with dark burgundy lips and very bright pink eye shadow.

Lagoona has a fantastic black headdress featuring a chambered nautilus. Her shoes are light pink with a swirled shell heel, open toes, multiple strands of pink pearls, with one large accent black pearl. Lagoona’s dress is in shades of pink, black and silver, and the top of her dress is in a pattern of these colors. Her dress has additional tiers of metallic pink and black cut in a scalloped scale, and has wide metallic silver straps at her shoulders. Lagoona’s other accessories are a black jellyfish purse and a blue statement necklace of shells and pearls. (Please note: my doll has a blue necklace, not the black necklace shown in the promotional photo)

This version of Lagoona is a budget Monster High doll, so does not come with a hairbrush, stand or diary. Like all Monster High dolls, she has multiple points of articulation at her joints and is highly posable. Lagoona is a fashion doll and is made for collecting and gentle play, but care should be taken as she can be fragile and has leg fins that can be lost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Sophisticated and Classy Looking Monster High Doll :), December 15, 2013
We bought this as a Christmas gift for our 7 year-old niece. Our niece lives in a wealthy city four hours drive away from us. (AKA: We don't see them very often or run in their circles.) Thus, we decided to select a Monster High doll that was a bit more sophisticated and classy, and one you do not see in every local store... just in case she loves Monster High dolls like we do (to avoid a duplicate). We were very pleased with her. She's still Monster High through and through, but designed in a way that I think ANY child would love her! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Draculaura is dreamy on the black carpet, December 17, 2013
This is one of the most beautiful Draculaura dolls ever. She is full of sophisticated glamour. Her pink and black hair is swept up into a high ponytail at the top of her head. She has a swath of bangs that sweep toward the right side of her face and ends in a little curl. Her makeup is very understated but still pretty. She has very light silver eyeshadow all the way from her upper lashes to her eyebrows. She has a small pink line of shadow in the crease of her eye. Her lips are a red with a touch of shimmer. The heart on her left cheek is silver outlined in hot pink. Her dress is lovely. It has a square neckline with sheer hot pink ties at each shoulder. The main material of the dress is a black background with a white and pink bat print. There is a hot pink metallic dot layer under the skirt of the dress as well. Her black plastic necklace is bat wings with beaded drips hanging down. Her earrings are matching black plastic and look to me like spider webs. Her hot pink plastic belt is adorable. It has a large batwings, the top layers is circle and diamond shapes, the neck layer is small circles, and the bottom row on the belt is reminiscent of a charm bracelet with different little shapes such as a heart with batwings, a vampire skullette, lips, and a heart hanging from a chain link strap. Her shoes are hot pink peep toe high heels. There are batwings with a heart in the center across the instep of her foot and at her ankles. There is a line of little lips molded into the shoes as well. Her purse is absolutely amazing. It is the shape of lips with vampire fangs. The whole purse has a beaded effect and there are small beaded drips hanging down from the bottom of the purse as well. For being the cheaper small box dolls in the frights camera action line these dolls are really amazing. The attention to detail and design are simply exquisite. Again, there is no stand or brush. I wish mattel would start giving a stand with every doll again. I would rather maybe pay a dollar more and have a stand than to not be able to display this beauty. Other than that, I have to say this line has probably just become my favorite that monster high has ever released.....this kind of quality is what made us fall in love with MH in the beginning and what will keep us coming back for more!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clawdeen is queen of the black carpet, December 25, 2013
I cannot even begin to express how beautiful this Clawdeen is. She really has to be seen to be appreciated. Her hair is swept to the side in an intricate style reminiscent of the fabulous forties. The hair framing her face is purple and her bangs are rolled to the side in a kind of cross between a pompadour and a victory roll. The back of her hair is a light brown with a slight copper tint and is pulled into a ponytail. Her little ears stick out of her hair at the top of her head. IN her right ear is a metallic gold cresent moon earring with four spikes radiating out from the moon Her makeup is amazing. Her lips are a deep maroon and her white fangs stand out in contrast. Her eyeshadow is a beautiful green at her eyelid and extending just above the crease of her eye. There is a light transparent gold shadow along her eyebrow. All the colors of her makeup and hair just compliment eachother perfectly. Her dress is demure yet still pretty. It has a high neckline, and three quarter sleeves. It is done in shades of purple, black, and a few gold accents. There are various animal prints and a purple mesh double ruffle at the bottom hem. Her exquisite necklace is a large statement piece. It is metallic gold and features collar around her neck, rows of beads that circle her shoulders, and various little moon charms. Her gold metallic belt has one thick band with a chain below that featuring dangling wolf skullette charms. Her purse is a fuschia crescent moon with five beaded rows handing from the bottom, each ending a miniature crescent moon. Her gold peep toe paltform sandals are very detailed an amazing. Some cute details are the phases of the moon being embossed on the front platform of each shoe, a black cresent moon on the instep, studs on the heels, and chains and studs galore. Being a core/budget doll she does not come with a stand or brush. This is especially disappointing since these dolls are so goregeous they should be out on display. At any rate these fright camera action dolls are insanely beautiful. For any monster high fan this will be love at first bite!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Monster High Lagoona Frights, Camera action, December 4, 2013
Love it! Beautiful doll, the delivery was very quick. Gotta be one of our favorite monster high dolls. Love the blue in her hair and her awesome outfit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Beautiful Monster!, April 7, 2014
I have purchased Frights Camera Action Lagoona Blue. Originally it was just for her stock but once I had her in my hands she became a KEEP doll. She is dressed beautifully and I love the darker aqua tones in her hair. I can honestly recommend this doll!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lagoona is very well done!, February 7, 2014
I love the Frights, Camera, Action series. Lagoona is colorful and nicely put together. I love her shoes and the rest of her outfit. Her hair is nice and the purse is cute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monsterhigh dolls, January 26, 2014
My grandchild loves them, they seem like safe fun for her and she's delighted with them.Doll of the new era.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!, January 23, 2014
What can I say? Monster High Dolls are always dressed to impress. Well made, adorable, creative and fun. My daughter loves them.
So damned cute, I want em too!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful!, January 20, 2014
This review is from: Monster High Frights, Camera, Action! Black Carpet Cleo de Nile Doll (Toy)
This is probably the most beautiful Cleo doll I have seen. I just recently started collecting these dolls and I had been waiting for a Cleo de Nile to add to my collection. I was very happy to find the last one at a local store over the weekend. The doll is wearing a green and black dress with some gold plastic accessories, such as her shoes, headpiece and belt. These are all very detailed. I have not removed the clear ties keeping the headpiece in place and I don't intend to right now. The only other accessory Cleo comes with is a gold purse with a Scarab on it. The purse does open, however, I don't believe it opens all the way. I may have pulled too hard and was not able to get it shut afterward.

Cleo's hair was black with a few teal streaks, not as many as I would have hoped for, but the doll is so elegant, that it's perfectly fine. I did have to cute a little bit of her hair because it was a little straggly and some strands were longer than others. I also brushed the hair out and used a leave in conditioner because even though it looked fine in the box, she had very severe box hair in the back.

My only complaint about this doll was that she did not come with a stand or brush. I'm fine with her not coming with a brush, because I don't use them, although if it was purchased for a child, I'm sure the child would like to be able to brush her hair. The stand however, I could really use. Some of the female MH dolls can stand on their one without a stand, like Dance Class Operatta, but most of them either have to be seated on something or leaned against something. Again, not a big deal if you are purchasing them to be played with, but mine are used mostly for display, so I'd really like a stand.

Overall, this a beautiful doll for playing with and collecting, and I'm very glad to have her on my shelf.

Rate and Discover Movies