5.0 out of 5 stars Great 2-pack! A must have for all!
I have to say - they really did a great job with this combo! The box are is beautiful and they compliment each other nicely (fire & ice).

Abbey:

Published 18 months ago by Siha

3.0 out of 5 stars The toy's great, but Mattel makes it hard to love the line
I am a true Monster fan. The Heath and Abbey pack is wonderful. Abbey, as usual, is adorable, and Heath is great. Both dolls sport amazingly detailed outfits. Even the package itself is a terrific show piece, designed as a kind of 3-D diorama of the classroom environment.

Published 17 months ago by SpookyT

3.0 out of 5 stars The toy's great, but Mattel makes it hard to love the line, July 18, 2013
This review is from: Monster High Home Ick Abbey Bominable & Heath Burns 2-Pack (Toy)

But my enthusiasm is not unvarnished. I’m afraid Mattel is making things really hard on their fans. They’ve made it IMPOSSIBLE to find many of these products, especially the boy dolls, at retail. They leave no option other than buying only at insanely inflated prices. This pack, at over $50, is one of the better deals to be found, with a price tag only DOUBLE the retail. But most of the boys go for prices from 5 to 25 times the original retail price. Let’s be clear. These are not vintage toys. They are only a couple years old, so such prices are hard-to-impossible to swallow.

But I blame Mattel’s intransigence, not the sellers. The sellers are just leveraging the laws of supply and demand. It is up to Mattel to do a better job. They could be forgiven for being surprised by the sudden popularity of this offbeat line when it first struck like freak lightning. They can’t be so easily excused for their subsequent response. Instead of churning out new assortments (and now a sister line ), they should be trying to satisfy existing demands for this wonderful product. Otherwise, they run the very real risk of losing lots of customer good will.

It’s basic Marketing 101, day 1 : Don’t hype a product you can’t deliver. Mattel is failing this part of the course, and they are failing their fans in this regard. MH’s tagline is, “Where the party never dies.” Well, the party may die a sad and untimely death if Mattel doesn’t get their head out of their ***.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 2-pack! A must have for all!, June 17, 2013

Abbey:

- Finally we get a bit of variety when it comes to her hair - she has a nice side swept bang that has some glue to keep it in place, if you would like it more natural looking - the glue is easy to comb and wash out. Her hair in the back is tied into a high ponytail; with a strand of her hair covering her hairtie. Be warned that her hair is a little messy in the back, and you may have to boil her hair to get those nasty winding curls. She comes with a short dress and an apron - however; if you remove the apron - the dress itself leaves something to be desired, I feel like it is missing something - a belt perhaps. The shoes are new designs and very beautiful! And overall it is a nice look for Abbey.

Heath:

- As the first doll of his character - I'm very happy that they kept true to his design, molding his hair to appear like fire, while keeping its cartoonish shape - unlike Holt. He has a unique head mold, more sharp in appearance than Jackson or Deuce. His outfit is just like the ones in the cartoon - he even comes with his jacket! Although because of the thick material - posing his arms is a bit harder to do. Be warned that his mitten may stain his hand purple in spots!

They come with a few accessories as well - including a dual-colored pie, whisk, spoon, mixing bowl, and cake cover!

Overall I think they did a great job with these two and I hope to see more Heath dolls down the line!

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome two pack!!, July 12, 2013
I love this set!! It is amazing. From the start there is so much to look. The way the dolls are placed in the box is so cute. Heath holds Abbey's much smaller right hand in his left hand. So sweet!!. I will start with reviewing Heath first since he is the first release doll of his character. His skin is an awesome buttercup yellow. His eyes are reddish orange with a little bit lighter orange color next to his pupils. He has long pointy ears. His lips are just a shade or two darker being a dark yellow/light orangish color. His hair is blazing (pun totally intended). It is molded plastic (just like Deuce and Holt). In the back it is molded to look just like flames including coming to a long point at the back of his skull. He wears a grey short sleeve T-shirt with a realistic flame print on the front. HIs pants are a lightweight navy blue cotton. They have rolled cuffs at the bottom and yellow stitching. He wears his black monster high jacket with flames licking up his arms starting at the cuff of the sleeve and going up towards his elbow. On his right had he has an oven mitt that is red with a black web print. His shoes are the best boys shoes so far. They are black slip on Vans style shoes with red and yellow flames crawling towards his toes. Lastly, he has a red half apron tied around his waist. I really like Heath. In the stock photos I just though the planes of his face looked a little off, but in real life he is perfect. I think it is a pretty accurate representation of his character from the webisodes and DVDs. The Abbey in this set is also nice. The best part for me is her hair. It is very smooth and long. Her bangs are cut at a diagonal across the right side of her face. Her bangs are mostly white with two purple streaks. The rest of her hair is drawn back into a high ponytail. At the front of her hair you can see only white and dark pink streaks. She has three ice blue streaks at the back of her hair starting from the base of her skull and going up. Even her ponytail has very defined streaks of color. It is almost like a colorblocking effect and it looks so awesome! Her makeup is very simple but pretty. She has dark pink lips. She has purple lining her lower lashes, and going up from her eyelid to the crease of her eye. In her right ear she has a pink translucent earring that is shaped like two spoons with one dripping some goo off the end. Her left earring is translucent blue, and to be honest I can't really tell what it is supposed to be. It looks kind of like the head of a spatula, or it could even be the body of a blender with something dripping down...lol. On her left wrist she wears a pink translucent pearl bracelet. Her dress is adorable as well. It is mostly black with pink white and ice blue swirls. It has a V-neck with short sleeves and a mini skirt length. At the neckline and edges of the sleeves there is a soft fuzzy black material for contrast and a little black satin bow at the juncture of the V on the neckline. There is on overskirt sew onto the dress made of purple tulle with loads of opalescent glitter and a jagged hem. Over her dress she wears a blue half apron with a black tulle ruffle and an MH logo in the left corner. Her booties are adorable. They are dark translucent purple. There are "jewels" running all along the bottom that are painted light ice blue. The heels looks like a dripping icicle and there are ice drips at the top opening of the boot as well. They come with a lot of little extra accessories. There is a hot pink mixing spoon with a bone handle (reminiscent of Abbey's earring). There is a black whisk that looks like a bony four fingered hand. A clear measuring cup filled 3/4 full with a green liquid (it is solid plastic inside not actual liquid). There is a black bowl with a purple spiderweb on the front that is filled with a yellow bubbly concoction (pudding I am guessing?) with white eyeballs floating on top. There is a cake with a purple lower half with tiny skullettes running all around it and a green spider web frosting with an eyeball on top!! Last but not least is a little pie in a purple pie dish. The pie is half translucent blue and half opaque reddish brown. The artwork on the box shows us that this is beacause Heath is burning half the pie while Abbey puts the other half on ice!! These dolls come with two black stands (such a relief since a lot the previous two packs like the werecat and werewolf sisters were missing them) and a black brush. Last but not least they come with a home ick booklet. Some pages are written from Heaths perspective and how hard it is for him to control his flame (it makes him a lot more likeable in my opinion) and some are from Abbeys perspective about how to save her grade after being partnered with Heath who torches everything. Overall this is a very well done set. There are a lot of details here and I am really impressed. Way to go Mattel!!

3.0 out of 5 stars There's a problem! Take note!, August 30, 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
Please read! There's a big defect with this set; it has been mentioned by a few people somewhere else that the Heath doll had black marks on his right hand because of the baking glove!

When I heard about it, I raced to the pack which I yet haven't opened and quickly removed the glove... But unfortunately I was too late. My doll also had black patches on his hand! I couldn't imagine this, these dolls with light skin all the time wear dark clothes and nothing happens but this glove is of a different material and the dolls' hands are made with a softer plastic and hence the glove left its color.

I don't know about the others, but maybe it's because of temperature or other factors because I live in a hot climate area. Anyhow, everyone please go and quickly remove the glove regardless of where you stay, just in case!

People have been waiting for a long time for a Heath doll. When this set was released, most were happy. Even though some people prefer if Heath's hair wasn't molded, I was happy seeing a good face sculpt better than the stock photo. I finally got it recently and was delighted, but now my happiness is gone. I always buy carefully and it broke my heart. Little paint job mistakes can be fixed but I have no idea how to remove the black stains without damaging the yellow color of his hand, if anyone knows, PLEASE comment! Or else no choice would be left instead of using acrylic paint...

Mattel has really gone down. They even raised the price of this set on their website much more than the Mad Science set, just because it's in demand. I paid large amounts for these. It's sad to see they have so bad quality control and yet Mattel doesn't do anything and the quality keeps doing down on all their items.

Nice concept but very low durability. All dolls seem flimsy like flower petals and will break if I don't handle them with extreme care like my life depends on it. I love Monster High but quality is a big factor. Please Mattel, stop being cheap and use our hard earned money we give to you in improving these items, PLEASE.

Thank you for reading, and please mention and help other customers if you also have problems with this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for all little Monster High Doll Collectors., September 8, 2013
My daughter has know about this set coming out since before it came out. I actually ended up with two sets. Because I was buying one for a friend and her daughter as well. Just this was the first one for my daughter. Now I see them everywhere. No regrets. My daughter will be delighted Xmas morning when she sees all her new dolls. I try to get them as soon as they come out so I'm not hunting at the end if the year for Xmas. This is a great set one because Heath a new boy doll is with this set and Abbey are so great together in their webisodes and movies. Kinda scary what they will brew up. Looks like this will keep my daughter very busy and I'm pray I have her kitchen finished for the doll house as we build each doll a bed room and all the other rooms. So it should be interesting to see what they will brew up next. Comes with a bunch of accessories and the clothes are darling.

5.0 out of 5 stars the wait is over girls!, June 12, 2014
I was so happy when this came to the door because both my girls were there and I handed in the box and I just about died when they found what was inside the silly little toy that they been looking for for so long thanks for always having what we needthe smiles you provide to my children go a long ways towards my next purchase,the detail put into these dolls by Mattel is above and beyond any Barbie I've ever seen it's no wonder this is the best selling toy line even out doing Hot Wheels if you have a little girl you must have monsters an Amazon always has the ones you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, August 23, 2013
The kids loved the characters. My children can play together without my son playing with a girl figure. He asked for the boy characters and you had them.

5.0 out of 5 stars She loves it, August 18, 2013
Shannon L. Kjornes (LA, CA United States) - See all my reviews
They are both great, super cute. We are so happy to have another boy doll. I'd like them to do all of the boy dolls from the series. We need more boys!

5.0 out of 5 stars Monster High, July 26, 2013
I Love it. My granddaughter collects these. This one is unique. Heath Burns is really neat looking! Exactly what I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are at Wal-Mart!!!!, August 10, 2013
They are rearranging the toys at Wal-mart here in Converse Tx and just now I went to my wal-mart and I saw they also had the classroom en-cap and this super sweet great wonderful Wal-mart employee ( I will get her name I almost hugged her no joke!) Helped me looking in the en-cap it said they had 12 that means 6 abbey and heath so she looked though the boxes ( many I even gave up ) when she found one opened it and I have the heath boy a very Merry Christmas it will be one more off the S List !!!!! Lesson learned don't over pay these hateful scalpers and be super sweet to the employees it has always worked for me!!!!SHAME ON SCALPERS!!! STOP THE MADNESS....I paid 31.something ....YAY WAL-MART!!!

Monster High Home Ick Abbey Bominable & Heath Burns 2-Pack