4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Witch, Strange Cat
This set includes enough parts to make two complete doll bodies with clothes. However, there is only one pair of shoes, one doll stand, and one wig.

Published on May 28, 2012 by Tnsharing

3.0 out of 5 stars cute & fun but somewhat lacking
This is a very cute, fun set...but the cat doesn't quite work...you are supposed to attach the cat ears to the hair with these little clips, but pretty much they were impossible to keep on and did not look quite right. I thought they would attach directly to the head, which would have made more sense. otherwise, great set and very reasonable price.
Published on October 2, 2012 by BJG

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Witch, Strange Cat, May 28, 2012
Tnsharing (Knoxville, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monster High Create-A-Monster Witch-Cat Girl Starter Set (Toy)

The wig included in this set is decent. There is a peg inside the wig cap that fits into a hole in the doll's head to keep the wig in place. The wig in my set was very unevenly cut, which is very noticeable in a short hairstyle, and had to be washed and trimmed in order to look nice. As for an extra wig for the second doll, Liv wigs work nicely and appear to be of better quality.

The doll bodies are easy to snap together, and both dolls have holes in their backs for attaching wings and a tail if you choose to do so. I was very please with the witch doll; she looks good enough to be a part of the regular Monster High crew. However, I could do without the cat doll. I don't like the way her ears are supposed to clip onto the wig. It could work, but not the way they have it designed. I couldn't get the ears to look good. (Maybe you will have better luck!)

The clothes that come with this set are just ok. They are definitely lacking the detail of regular Monster High doll clothing. The little black dress is pretty cute, but the black top and animal print skirt just look cheap. Since the clothes are meant to be mixed and matched with other create-a-monster sets, they have cutouts in the back for a tail and wings. I would recommend buying a few fashion packs, if you can find them, for the extra shoes and clothing options.

Overall, I would definitely buy this again. I payed around $19 for it at my local Target. Since that's normally the price of one Monster High doll, and you're getting two, I figure it's a good deal. I don't mind if the clothes and accessories in the set are cheaper in order to keep the cost down. So, if you love the look of the witch or the cat, buy this set!

5.0 out of 5 stars witch and cat, September 5, 2012
heather patrick (binghamton new york) - See all my reviews
so i read all the reveiw's about the create amonster's. and how crap they are, and how they fall about. i have yet to have that problem. the monster's were easy to put together and have STAYED together. i see no problem's other then the one wig. that is aproblem, since the cat create a monster need's it for her ear's. and i was surpised when i opened it and saw thier was one stand. the bio about the prodect said no stand. so i ask that you add it to the list of item's it comes with so people know. i own alot of monster high dolls, and these are the perfect add on's to my collection.

3.0 out of 5 stars cute & fun but somewhat lacking, October 2, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap cheap cheap, July 20, 2013
Everything is made so cheap these days. Awesome idea, but the wig fits HORRIBLY. The cat ears don't even attach to holes on the head. You are supposed to clip them on to the hair where the ears would go like a barrette. The ears slip off and bulge out of the hair. Worthless. The skirts are very short, so short it's almost ridiculous-looking. The dolls themselves are cute when put together and my daughter loves changing the clothes and accessories (this particular set does not have accessories except for ONE wig and ONE pair of shoes and a hat). They have holes on the back where wings can go (not included). My daughter has the Rochelle Goyle doll and tried to put her wings on the "create a monster" doll. The holes are too big and the wings fall out. I'm not satisfied at all, but my young daughter seems to be fine with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, December 28, 2013
The cat and the witch stayed together and were easy to put together. The set came with two body's .It comes with one wig but you could probably fine anther one. I couldn't get the ears on but it still looks good.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's fun, October 7, 2013
I think I just really like it because they're fun to put together on your own and I really like cats. lol

The wig is awful. It's nothing like the picture. It's not even symmetrical.
Mine came with one side significantly longer than the other.

When you place it, it's way too high on the doll's head.

I think a way to improve this product is to at least add enough accessories to make 2 dolls.
It's as if the people who designed this didn't try to put it together themselves.
It's not fun having the wig not fit. The ears don't clip on well either.
But it's also not really fun that the dolls have to share the wig and shoes.

Of course, I knew all of this before buying it. Just throwing that out there for future product designs. =p

5.0 out of 5 stars Monster........High love it, January 25, 2013
My god daughter loves me for buying her these...very unique can make your own doll. She is 10 and a monster high lover she has everything monster high

3.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it but..., December 20, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
the design of the ears on the cat needs to be SERIOUSLY revamped. There is no way an adult, much less a child, can get these things to stay on. If I do get them on and halfway even, the part that snaps them on the hair makes them stand up away from the head and they look terrible.

Quality is ok - I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the little connector pieces snap, but my 10 year old daughter has been playing with them successfully for long enough that I feel I've gotten my money's worth.

I'd recommend it for fun; I'd be pretty upset about the ears if I wanted to display the dolls though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but some flaws., July 7, 2012
William Rockwell (Chatsworth, CA United States) - See all my reviews
First off, there's only one wig ,so half the time she's bald. Also the ears are a pain. No one could put them on and when my dad finally did it looked ridiculous. The ears are very cheap looking as well. I like the tail but it keeps on falling off. The good things about them is that the wig looked alot better that I thought it would. It was very easy to put the body parts together. I LOVE the clothes.They are very cute. Both dolls have places for wings and tails.It finally comes with two torso's.I would like to give this three and a half stars for durability but it wouldn't let it.

3.0 out of 5 stars and i love that its NOT a barbie doll, July 25, 2014
i got this as a gift for my 10 year old. the idea of making her own monster dolls is very appealing. and i love that its NOT a barbie doll. however, after watching her "play" with this, there are some things that could be improved. in her eyes, you should be able to make two "complete" dolls. and with only ONE wig and one pair of shoes, you cannot do that. i explained that was the toy makers way of getting you to buy MORE. anyway, some of the parts are hard to pop into place. the ears are a joke. they do not stay on. they don't poke into the head, they are more like a barrette. which just doesn't work. she has had fun with it, but i think this is more for people who want to "make a doll" and let it sit on a shelf. not something that will be played with.

Monster High Create-A-Monster Witch-Cat Girl Starter Set