Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

Platform: Nintendo Wii|Change

on December 16, 2011
This is a monster high household, but this wii game was taken back after watching/reading during the game. There are some choices to the character's over all look, but not to impressive. The player runs around 3 floors of the school able to do favors for friends...that is it! I saw at least 2 friends ask the player to do their homework. I was not pleased. I did like the cute mini games, yet were far too easy compared to Wii's carnival game & cooking mama. When the player does the favor they recieve popularity points that look like a heart. If the player refuses the favor(like saying no you will not do her homework)popularity points are taken away. So the purpose of the game is to do whatever your friends ask in order to be popular in school?? That is not what i want my kids to think. There is a good strength to be able to say NO. I am all for monster high doll line saying you are beautiful no matter what/who you are. Unfortunately i say no to shallow popularity contests and wish my littles to value the true person. We had such hopes for this game.. -5 in our house.
33 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2012
Alright, so I'm going to give you a few points on why this was a HORRENDOUS game. Furthermore, spoilers ahead:

- The graphics look no better than the ones from the original Play Station.
- The in-game sounds are repetitive. All you hear the ENTIRE GAME is heels on tile and some looped music. On top of that, though the main cast's voices are neat, they all only have looped voice dialogue. Not to mention that dialogue consists of about eight lines.
- They say you get to design your own monster. What I think they meant was pick from five horribly rendered monsters, three hideously designed faces, and two outfits.
- The entire game is focused one you completing "episodes". The main monsters, classes, and player character all have an episode. The issue is, all the episodes (spare classes) focus on you running around the same three floors of the school (each floor looks identical, by the way. Don't like purple tile? To bad, its all you'll be seeing) doing favors for your friends. Seriously, 5/6th of this game are running down the same halls over and over again. Sure, there is the occasional episode minigame, but they are mind-numbingly easy even for a five year old. The class episodes consists solely of poorly made minigames.
- THE MISSIONS ARE EVIL! "Friend, can you go steal from the drama teacher on multiple occasions?", "Friend, can you destroy the school's fuse box?", "Friend, can you violate a teacher's privacy and then place a babbling curse on them?", "Friend can you do my homework, or steal some fabric, or flood the gym?" are all ACTUAL things you have to do in the game. I mean, that'd be all fine and dandy if this game wasn't marketed at little girls but is so...yeah.
- Once you complete all of the episodes, the end of the game consists of all your friends suddenly turning on each other over popularity and being "Scream Queen" of the dance. And no, there is no make up or lesson learned about friendship, they just stay that way.
- The end of the game is NO pay off. It is not interesting and it lasts like 30 seconds.
- I could really go on for hours here. But lets just slap out a few more...the game has no options, you have to follow the strict story path (meaning even after Toralei has made your life hard about twelve times you still need to listen to her), the dialogue is rubbish, etc etc etc. It is SO blatant that this game was made in a super rush so it could grab holiday money. I know individuals who make better games as a hobby with no budget at all. Just please, spare yourself the frustration and regret of buying this thing.
on November 27, 2011
When this game came out I wanted it. So my dad bought it for me. I tried it out and its not that fun :(

so first you name your monster. Then you create it. there are not many to chose from and you can not go back and change your makeup or hair style. all you do is run around the school doing stuff for people. the mini games are sooooooooo easy and you cant leave the school. what i really was disappointed about is that you can not talk to Abbey or Spectra. they are behind stuff and you can't reach them. i really thought this game would be better.
on November 13, 2015
This is a fun game, it does have a lot of going down hallways but we like it. The only negative that I would say is that though it is a high school for both girls and boys (I realize the main characters are girls) you can only be girl characters, there is not the choice to be a boy student. It would have been great if they could have added that option.
on July 5, 2015
Bought it for my daughter who loves Monster High. She finds it very entertaining, but wishes there were more options for creating her own "monster" self. Overall, good game for the Monster High fan.
on January 15, 2013
My daughter loves this game. It bothers me a little because I find the characters dressed a little too skimpy for my tastes, but they are high school age so it does fit somewhat. The storyline from what I observed while daughter and friends play is decent enough. It entertains and does its job.
on December 14, 2011
My 9 year old daughter purchased this game with her birthday money. She really enjoys it. As another reviewer said, you run around the school doing things for other people, and although it looks like it would be boring to me, she really enjoys it...and what bad can you say about a game that encourages you to help other people? The mini games are also fun...she had the option to trade it with a friend, and she said "no way"!
on December 29, 2011
Read other reviews and was worried that the 3 granddaughters I bought this for would be disappointed. They love it. Since the oldest is 8 the game met her expectations which was creating a teen monster. This game is for children and not teens or adults who want to create cartoons.
on August 23, 2013
Not a great game had hoped for more my kids got bored in 5 mins and it sits on the shelf . another game that could have been really cool but went down into the pit of slapped together games that kinda suck. Monster High is a cute little show but this tie in game does not make the grade.
on January 1, 2012
Monster High products typically have a good look with lots of quirky stylish creativity. We saw the video for this game, and thought, 'that looks cute, but it doesn't show you doing much'. That turned out to be the case. Apart from some minor makeover type screens for the characters, everything else just involves running around a fairly boring school map. Over and over. Running, running, running. And occasionally clicking the A button to talk. For $10, this would be fun for the 11 and under crowd for a couple hours (more or less), but for $30 or $40, parents beware. Wait it out. it WILL be $10 before too much longer.