5.0 out of 5 stars MH rollcall!
Published on October 23, 2012 by The Escape Artist

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Cute but size large was too small.. Most size large are 12-14 and there was no 14-16
Published 19 days ago by ada wood

5.0 out of 5 stars MH rollcall!, October 23, 2012
This review is from: Monster High Ghoulia Yelps Costume (Toy)
As is stated on the product description and on the product packaging, the costume includes a top ("3-in-1" counting the striped tee, tank, and mesh arm covers), capris, piano belt, and white glasses. The packaging also states that shoes, wig, and jewelry ARE NOT included. All this wording is written in three languages, so I'd say that the manufacturer absolutely has their bases covered as to what the costume does and doesn't include.

My first grader is an average 49" tall and weighs 50 lbs. She's a little on the lean side, and we sometimes have trouble figuring out what actually fits her. Medium is usually a good bet, but given the measurements on the package and other MH costume reviews, I was really afraid that she would need a bigger size which of course would be sold out before Halloween. I couldn't have been more wrong! The medium rayon/poly shirt and thin corduroy-type pants fit great; easy to move in, cute, and modestly cut. The large would have been too large and there was no need to size up (but I'll save it for another Halloween). The foam belt and glasses are actually pretty big, but we pinned the belt and used a headband to keep the glasses in place. We used an MH wig on we bought on clearance at Target and I was able to find Volatile sneaker boots (not exactly the same as Ghoulia's Converse, but close enough and look great with the wig!) here on Amazon as well. Volatile Lovebird Sneaker Boot (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid)

All dressed up and with a few touches of make-up, my little Ghoulia looks AMAZING! I searched youtube for Ghoulia make-up tips, and I also considered buying the MH make-up kit itself. Ultimately I just used some eyeshadow and hot pink lipstick I already own and it really pulls the look together. At the right price, this costume is fairly spot-on. Like most everything, quality could be better. But considering what costumes are retailing for these days, this is a GREAT buy for playing dress up or just for the fun of it on Halloween! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars cute costume, December 11, 2012
fit nicely, daughter loved it. arrived on time, no problems! loved that it came with glasses, that was a nice addition to the costume.

5.0 out of 5 stars very cute and well made, June 1, 2013
bought this costume for a monster high birthday costume party for my daughter and her friends, it was so adorable!

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, May 22, 2013
It fits ok, my daugther loves Goulia Yelps and she is happy with the costume. she is thin and I have problems with size, but not in this case

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, April 3, 2013
My daughter was soooooo adorable in this..her and her sisters were the talk of the Halloween party... Will order again next year

4.0 out of 5 stars Size runs small., July 8, 2014
Was almost too small for my 3 year old!!! Pants are very snug, and non-stretchy. Very cute otherwise!

5.0 out of 5 stars Halloween was perfect, February 23, 2014
Elinor Johnson (Seven Hills, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
This MH costume from Rubies is very well made and durable, my 7 year old wore it for about a month straight and it is still in good condition. Highly recommend this quality costume.

5.0 out of 5 stars My eight year old granddaughter does not like wearing dresses, October 6, 2014
My eight year old granddaughter does not like wearing dresses. This is perfect for her. Appears to be well made and I'm very pleased with the price, which was higher in other places. Wig sold separately, but my granddaughter, who is blond, will probably use blue chalk, which rinses out immediately..

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute & Well Made, October 22, 2014
Super cute costume. My daughter wore it to school as a regular outfit and got several compliments!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, November 8, 2014