Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Monster High Rochelle Goyle Doll
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 14, 2012
I lucked out and got this doll when it was sold by amazon for about $21. However, I'm not going to tell you "Don't pay these prices" like most people do in Monster High reviews. Yes, Walmart, Kmart, Target, some grocery stores, etc. all stock these dolls, but if you live in a town like mine, you have to be at store opening to find any dolls in stock. They really do fly off the shelves. So if it's worth it to you to not have to search, then pay what you want!

Rochelle is the first new Monster High doll I've bought in a while, so I was glad to find that her joints are sturdier; you actually have to pull to remove a limb. I was also glad that she has ball jointed legs instead of the old elastic band (though I never had one break). Her wings were easy to push into place.

Her stone skin is beautiful and looks so delicate with her pink hair! I love all of her fleur de lis accents. Overall, I think this is one of the prettiest Monster High dolls yet.
on May 23, 2012
I have purchased Rochelle Goyle just recently in Target, The last one too. I absolutely love her outfit, it is cool how it shimmers because it is supposed to be stained-glass. Her hair is cool, and I also like how her skin looks like stone. She has her pet Gargoyle Griffin named Roux. So cool! Her wings can come off, but luckily mine come off and on easily. I recommend this amazing doll to any Monster High collector. Rochelle is AMAZING!!!
on April 16, 2012
Beautiful doll, found at Walmart last night in Cleveland even though she's not slotted for release till next month, under 20 dollars there, she should be pretty obtainable in may, so worth waiting price wise. She's great, her head mold is adorable as is her outfit, she has a stony deckle to her skin, her accessories don't stay on well without rigging with clear bands, and her wings are beautiful. I love her, watch out though, mine had a slight misprinting of the eyes, they are slightly higher than they should be, so it's best to look at the doll before buying! She also has the ball jointed legs rather than the elastic band, very sturdy and poseable.
on May 19, 2012
Whenever my daughter sees a new Monster High doll, she gets super excited at first. After looking the toy over, it'll either be a purchase or an easy pass. Rochelle won her over effortlessly thanks to the pink hair, pet griffin and being unique in that she's based on gargoyles. It's good to see Mattel branching out and bringing some more variety to the line with character like this and Venus McFlytrap. Rochelle's a great looking doll, and while she isn't one of my favorites, she definitely stands out from the others on the shelf due to her colors and design. This one also seems to get the most play time of the other dolls my daughter has.

Rochelle Goyle has the same articulation as your average Monster High doll. You can move her head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, upper legs, knees and bend her body up and down. She sports a grey skin coloring with specks of blue, white and dark grey which give her a cement/stone look, just like a gargoyle statue. Her hair is pink with blue streaks on the bangs with two long blue streaks on the back of her hair too. Rochelle also has unique ears on the top of her head and little wings on her back. At first I figured the wings were an accessory that could be removed, but it turns out that they're inserted into her back very securely. A nice detail on the wings is that they look like they're cracked, as if Rochelle's still 'waking up' and breaking the stone shell off. As for her outfit, it looks good- black earrings, black necklace, a black bracelet on her right wrist, black and white shirt with straps that cross in the front, a neat black and silver skirt with a very cool pattern, pink mesh socks and grey heels. The skirt has an additional piece of mesh on the inside.

As for her accessories, Rochelle doesn't come with much. She has the usual Monster High stand, a black brush, grey/pink purse and her pet griffin. The purse actually opens up and you can store small things in it (probably just extra earrings). It's the pet griffin that nets bonus points though. This little guy has a terrific sculpt and just like Ms. Goyle herself, stands out from the other Monster High pets.

The only reason I'm taking off one star is because Rochelle's hair can get messy very easily. All of the other Monster High dolls my daughter has don't have this problem, so I don't get what happened here. It's not a big deal but it could get a little annoying for kids that want the hair to look perfect.

It's going to be interesting seeing what different versions of Rochelle they come up with in the coming years. She's a great addition to the line and is always sold out in stores. Just be patient and wait for a good deal- don't go for the higher online prices unless you really need her for a gift or something.
on June 2, 2012
My daughter loves this brand of dolls-she plays every day! The only problem is that their clothes are not interchangeable with other barbie-like dolls and their hands sometimes loosen and come off easily after playing a lot. Otherwise-good product.
on April 17, 2012
She is absolutely magnificent! The pink and grey color theme is gorgeous and suits the character so well. Her skin is made to look like it's stone (like her little pet gargoyle). She has little wings and ears which are adorable. Her outfit has a French classiness to it, and her hair is mostly pink. This is one of my favorite MH dolls, along with Lagoona. A great addition to the collection. As usual, the limbs are easy to snap off, and care should be taken with children playing with the doll. Rochelle's parts snap off (and on) very easily, and are not meant to hold up to rough play. My girls love her because of her wings and ears and the soft pink look. Monster High dolls are so imaginative and fun, it's no wonder they have become so popular.
on May 22, 2012
I was lucky enough to find Rochelle in store and she's already one of my favorites. Her overall style is very intricate and colorful. Her pink eyes and hair stand out against her gray, rock-like skin. Each doll's skin patterns are very different, making each one unique. Her ears and wings are simply adorable as are the worried eyebrows this girl sports. Don't pass her up; you'd be sorry you did.
on May 2, 2012
This doll is very detailed. Her skin is stone and wings are gorgeous. The pink hair looks cool with the stone skin. She has cute little ears and her clothes with all the adornments are very intricate. My daughter is obsessed with these dolls. I am starting to get excited as well, I never realized how addictive collecting these dolls could be. Its great telling my little one the stories behind the monsters. Rochelle does look alot different than her counterparts. This is my daughters favorite doll since Rochelle Goyle is so feminine looking. She is a must have for any collector.
on February 27, 2016
My daughter started collecting the original Monster High dolls a while ago and this one was VERY hard to find for us. Although I had to paid a bit more than I wanted to for it, I got it for my daughter's birthday this year. She was very excited to get it and has played with it nearly every day since. The details of this doll are really really astounding. Even her pet is nicely detailed. I highly recommend adding this doll to any Monster High collection.
on April 11, 2012
My daughters, and myself I must admit, love all of the Monster High dolls. I make an effort to get all of the new dolls as soon as I can for my girls. I think Rochelle is amazing, I love how they made her whole body including her face look like stone and her outfit is super cute as well. We lucked out last night finding two of the dolls (my girls won't share) at our Walmart and only paid $40 total for both. We also found 3 Jackson Jekylls on Easter and had to get two for the girls. I love Amazon, but I just can't justify paying 1.5 to 2+ times for each of the dolls (plus shipping in most cases) than I can in the store. Take a chance and venture to your Walmart or other toy store before paying such high prices online.

See 1 answered question