5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly cool doll!! DO NOT pay over $25, though!!
I FINALLY scored one of these & I have to say it ROCKS!! It is very detailed, as many of these MH dolls are, but this one is really exceptional! The details on the hair decoration, the scales, tail, WOW! I didn't take her out of the box as she's an Xmas gift.
Published on December 1, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars tail wont go on
Her tail Does not fit in the hole, But other than that my daughter loves it She just gets frustrated with the tail.
Published 12 months ago by shawna

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly cool doll!! DO NOT pay over $25, though!!, December 1, 2012
This review is from: Monster High Travel Scaris Jinafire Long Doll (Toy)
Jinafire is pretty rare, so I had to work to get her, but let me reassure other parents: Be patient. Do NOT pay over $25 for these dolls! It encourages the "scalper" types.
Here's what you can do: Toys R Us open 'til 1am in December. Ask when their shipments come on & get there around Midnight. The boxes with the new dolls are labeled "Scaris". Each box has either 2 Jinafire or 2 Skelita dolls + the usual Rochelle, Clawdeen dolls. If you spot a "Scaris" box, just ask a worker to open it, they are very helpful - don't be shy. ;).
Happy hunting!!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Pretty and Exotic"...................., October 4, 2013
This review is from: Monster High Travel Scaris Jinafire Long Doll (Toy)
I have a home office that reflects my medical career, my beliefs and love for horror..A few years ago, by a good friend I was introduced to the Mexican Culture, which takes to the streets and celebrates their holiday "Day of the Dead"...It is a good time of honor, remembrance of family and friends who have passed..Since then I have continued my studies on how all cultures deal with death differently..

This Monster High Doll, Jineafire Long" matches "Skelita Calveras" perfectly...She stands on my antique desk with the rest of my skulls..Her face is pretty and exotic..Perfectly, detailed, designed asian descent face..Hair color, Gothic black with neon green highlights in a bun with an asian chopstick going thru it....Entire body is fully poseable, party dress, funky jewelry, even has asnake coiled bracelet on upper, coffin suitcase, and brush..The back of the box tells her story....She is best friends with "Skelita Calveras"......

It comes with a strong doll stand..Once she is placed in it, the doll is balanced and doesn't fall off my desk...My niece has all these dolls for a while now, including this one..Believe me, with the way she constantly plays with them, they are fun and durable....

When friends come into my office they are always fascinated with "Jinafire Long"

4.0 out of 5 stars Tail and flames fall off way too easy. Not as happy as I expected, December 28, 2012
Navy Wife (Washington State) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monster High Travel Scaris Jinafire Long Doll (Toy)
I spent a long time trying to find this doll prior to Christmas. I finally decided it was not going to happen and then Amazon had it listed for $21.99 and I grabbed it quickly I was lucky enough to get Skelita prior to her so she completes my collection of dolls I do not have. Please remember I am not a collector and I buy these to give to my child so this is a review on playability not necessarily display.

OUT OF THE BOX and PROS. She is very pretty with Green and black hair. As always her makeup makes her look amazing and the gold tone of her body is very neat and looks wonderful. Her body has scales on it that you can feel and see which is also nice. I really like her dress although it is short like all the other dolls and once again she has no underwear (old complaint but still there). Once again the stand is flimsy and falls apart (I glue mine so I do not care). Both of her earrings match (which is rare lately) and her coloring is absolutely wonderful.

CONS: My children have to earn all their toys so I am writing these cons prior to them even playing with her as they are very noticeable.
HER TAIL IS HORRIBLE! Taking her out of the box her tail fell off, I Put it back on, tail falls off. I put it back in turn her around to see her back, tail falls off. I think at this point you get my point. In the past Lagoona drove me mad as my kids took off her fins, with this tail you do not need to do anything and it will fall off. I also can not glue this as my kids will never be able to change her. On the bright note her tail has a dragon fin on the very end which is very cool, unfortunately the kids will never see it.

Hair Ornament with Flames is almost as bad as the tail: She has a large Chinese dragon ball ( I think that is what it is called) with a wand/stick going through it. Needless to say it has two red flames that HOOK onto it with a c shape. Let me remind you my kids have not had her yet, yet I am already looking for one of the flames. I do not understand why they would have such pretty head gear if it is meant to all be taken apart and why on earth would you have it hanging from a c hook?

Needless to say I am glad I got her only because once the movie comes out my kids will beg for her. Both my kids have birthdays around Christmas time (1 Before and one after) and the only things they have asked for in the last year have been monster high. My 6 year old will read all the diaries, and anything about them that I will let her get her hands on (I did not buy the Lisa books as I head bad things but she will get the Ghoul-friends forever for her birthday). I do not purchase dolls we already own so the only scaris dolls I will have are Jinafire and Skelita. I hope this helps you decide if you want her or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Picture doesn't do the doll justice..., November 26, 2012
Katherine Bray (Spring Hill, TN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monster High Travel Scaris Jinafire Long Doll (Toy)
This doll is absolutely stunning in person. Her skin is a deep golden/bronze color and she has "scales" all over her body. Her eyes are gorgeous as is her hair. Her tail does come off so be sure to keep up with it! Overall this is one of the most beautiful Monster High dolls we have purchased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Jinafire Long, December 27, 2012
Tnsharing (Knoxville, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monster High Travel Scaris Jinafire Long Doll (Toy)
It seems that the Monster High dolls are becoming increasingly more detailed, Jinafire included!

Jinafire comes in an asian inspired dress with one long sheer sleeve. The sheer overlay on her skirt is actually attached to the gold belt and not the dress, so it can be removed.

She has a golden scaly body, pointed ears, and a removeable tail, which attaches simply by pressing it into a hole in her back. I have dropped the tail many times on accident already, just setting her up for display. Children might want to put the tail in a safe place so that it doesn't get lost during play. Her hands, like many of the newer dolls, are softer than the rest of her body.

Jinafire's long green and black hair is decorated with a hair stick, which appears to be attached by a single loop that her hair is threaded through. Out of the box, there is also a clear elastic holding the stick in place. I haven't removed the hair stick, so I don't know how easy it would be to replace it if removed.

Her rolling luggage is empty and has plenty of room to put an outfit. The handle locks into place when it is fully extended, but it can also retract into the suitcase to take up less space.

I love the culture, history, and creativity that went into this doll, and I highly recommend her to children and collectors alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love you, April 2, 2013
This review is from: Monster High Travel Scaris Jinafire Long Doll (Toy)
This It 1 of my Christmas gift for my daugther I use to live in Canada and there its no too many monster high products but I get it even before they tall me just in time for Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars The Chinese Dragon of Monster High!, January 7, 2013
Frosted Butts (Someplace in Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monster High Travel Scaris Jinafire Long Doll (Toy)
I was trying my hardest to wait 'till Jina got re-released in the main line with a pet, a journal, and a bag but I couldn't resist the urge to pick her up!

Luckily, Amazon has had her in stock quite a bit lately so just look around and you can snag her for $22. I go mine on ebay for $25 including shipping when she was out of stock here for a bit though so make sure to visit other sites too.

She is a gorgeous new addition to the MH crew. Her golden skin is so shimmery and her scales are all neatly molded to her frame. She has pointed ears and little claws on the ends of her hands. Her hands are made of a softer material and people say it hinders poseability but I've yet to have issues with that. Her hair is kept in a nice bun on top of her head and her tail stays in her back rather well. It can turn so it's possible to leave her tail in and make her pose differently or sit. Her outfit is another tastefully done take on an international ghoul (like Rochelle!) and the overall design and aesthetic never ceases to impress me. The sheer overlay on her dress is actually connected to the gold belt she wears so you can take 'em off if you want. Her shoes are made of a softer material than most of the dolls as well so they're not difficult to remove either. I wouldn't reccoment taking her head ornament off though. I haven't done so myself but I have a feeling it'd be tricky to put back on properly and keep it there without the rubberband that initially secures it.

She comes with a black brush, a black stand, her own suitcase (with a chinese dragon design on it), and her travel journal that depicts her struggles with her own temper and finding her creativity up until her discovery of this new oppurtunity in Scaris.

Overall, she is another flawless addition to my MH collection and I look forward to what else Mattel has planned for this new scary cool character!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 3, 2014
Good

5.0 out of 5 stars WEIRD OUTFIT BUT LOVES IT, June 26, 2014
This review is from: Monster High Travel Scaris Jinafire Long Doll (Toy)
11 YR OLD LOVES THE BIZARRE MONSTERS--SHE THINKS THIS IS SUPER GREAT--8 YR OLD SIS LIKES EVER AFTER ONES AS STURDIER BUILT

4.0 out of 5 stars Jinafire Long, June 18, 2014
This review is from: Monster High Travel Scaris Jinafire Long Doll (Toy)
Why do you choose this rating? I don't think it's the BEST doll, but I like it. What did you like about her? I like the color of her hair, the thing in her hair, and her shoes. What did you dislike about her? I don't like her gold skin and the shape of her ears. Who would you recommend her to? Well, just if you like dragons and Monster High then she's your doll! If you like this doll then you might be interested in Catrine Demew

Monster High Travel Scaris Jinafire Long Doll