Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Platform: Nintendo WiiChange

on February 2, 2009
This game is really fun. I mean really! Great for stress relief too. Feels like driving a real monster truck (not that I've ever done that), but just having fun smashing through all kinds of obsticals in all kinds of beautifully rendered environments... It feels so real. Better than any arcade game I've ever played... Ten thumbs up for dad... My 5 year old loves it too. :)

I had both the $20 monster truck game and this official Monster Jam $40 game in my hand at going-out-of business Circuit City, and I'm so glad I got this one. I got it for $33. Again, great game. Fun, fun, fun. Not overly violent or anything either. Just fun. If you have young boys... buy it!
11 comment18 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2010
Very fun game for the Wii. Our kids and my husband all love this game. Because you gain points by "smashing" and "crashing" into things, it's much easier for younger kids to play than your typical driving games. Our two year old can easily play this by herself, yet it is just as much fun for older kids and grown-ups. One of our favorites.
on November 7, 2009
My 4 year old loves these game. He plays every day. It not like any other monster truck game out there. It is the best.
on January 13, 2011
My 5yr old son has not stopped playng this since we got it. Santa brought a Wii along with 3 other games. We have yet to touch the other games. He loves it. Smashing and crashing through things is so much fun. He loves that you collect/unlock actual monster jam trucks. Truth be told, his father enjoys it just as much. Santa nailed it on this one!
on December 27, 2010
I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my five year old -- well (and I'm really not that into video games)...I'm almost embarrased to say that I started playing it and wouldn't even give him the controller for a long time. I got hooked! The reason being, is that in most car games, you have to AVOID crashing into anything. Not in this one! The more you crash the more points/money you earn. How fun! I am a 35 year old mom and I honestly think that I like this game more than my son does, because I prefer this game and my son prefers the other games. Oh well - it's still a win in my book.
on January 31, 2013
My 8 year old son thinks this game is a lot of fun. I ordered this older version based on all of the good reviews it received. However as a heads up to others this one uses the remote and nunchuk to drive, not the steering wheel. I may have went with a newer version had I known that.
on February 23, 2011
My son loves this game. Kids don't have to be the best drivers to play this game. It has many different games (not just racing games).If you've got a kid that loves monster trucks this is a great choice.
on October 30, 2012
After having played all the Monster truck games with my son (5 years old) and daughter (9 years old), three different Monster Jam and some off brand names too, we decided this one was the best of all of them. Best graphics, easiest to control and fun variations of games. My favorite is "Stone Crusher", hers of course is "Scarlet Bandit" and he cannot decide on a favorite. I am not much of a gamer, but I have fun playing with my kids.
on December 14, 2009
Got my son this game for Christmas last year along with his new Wii. The whole family enjoyed playing it. My nephew wanted it, but received a different kind of monster truck game and was disappointed. I ordered this one for his 10th birthday and I was his hero :-) The grafics are good, the courses are challenging, and the sound effects are cool. I would recommend the game for anyone who likes monster truck racing and freestyle or any kid who likes trucks!
on January 27, 2012
I have a 4 year old and a 7 year old, and this has been the game of choice for them to play together. There is head to head racing, freestyle, and much more. Some of the game requires skill, but freestyle and devastator allow younger users to just drive around and break stuff.

Pros:
Reward system unlocks new tracks and vehicles.
Most popular trucks are available quickly.
Plenty of stuff to crush.
Crashing damages vehicles including sheering body panels and wheels off.
Combination tricks score big.
Nitrous button has plenty of juice, so you can play hard and not worry about conserving.
Variety of games that can be played.

Cons: (This would not prevent me from buying the game again)
Graphics could have been better, but are consistent with Wii games.
Rarely but sometimes the truck view freaks out when you are trying to get out of tight situations, so you can not tell what is going on.
Steering sometimes lacks consistency, especially in freestyle events.

Suggestions:
Being up to a 4 player game, I would recommend having equal number of Wii steering wheels to players. This game works well with Mario Cart type steering wheel accessory.

Game Contains:

Freestyle
Eliminator
Devastator
Head to Head
Mini Games (Including skee ball and long jump)

Split Screen Multiplayer