5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones
Published on February 18, 2010 by T. Bowes

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor build quality, average sound quality
Published on July 3, 2010 by Skender

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones, February 18, 2010
This review is from: Monster Lil' Jamz Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I had the Dr. Dre headphones from Monster up until my dog decided to turn them into a chew toy the other day, and I have to say that the Lil Jamz are already superior. I've never pulled headphones out of the box that I haven't had to mess with the tip-sizing until these, which fit perfectly right out of the box. The sound quality isn't quite as good as the Dr. Dre ones, but they stay in your ear better, and the weight of the wire isn't enough to pop them out while you're running or working out, which happened all the time with the old headphones.

Comes with lots of tips for sizing, and a nice little pouch to hold everything. Buying from Amazon was also a better plan, because these were only $80 instead of the $100 or $120 that Monster wanted if you bought right from them.

I highly recommend these headphones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good So Far in Afghanistan, November 13, 2010
I am in the Marines and I am deployed in Afghanistan. The order took only 13 days to arrive which is good considering packages from my family take about 10 or 12 days to get here.

The only issue out of the box was the cylindrical sleeve on the jack was loose, this cosmetic issue can be easily fixed with glue. Now comparing these to the IPod headphones I have, they are incredible. Make sure to use the proper size earbud and pull your ear like the instructions say to get a good fit. The bass was rich and the highs were coming in nice and clear. I sampled several songs like, Teach Me How to Jerk (bass), Hotel California, and Fur Elise and they all sound great to me. If you are having issues keep in mind you can change the EQ settings on your IPod or other MP3 player.

There is revirbiration from the cord. It sounds like those cheap ass airplane headsets, you know those plastic kind that make a dull sound when ever they touch the arm rest or you hit them, well thats the sound these make. I have not exercised with them yet, but plan to soon.

Another Marine I know had a pair and switched to the beats by Dr. Dre and he says the Monster's sound better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome lil' buds, July 30, 2010
These Little earbuds are by far the best buds i have ever had. the first time i put them in i was blown away by the clarity of the sound, the highs and mids are rich and the bass is decent. I can understand though why many of the bass lovers would not like these because compared to many buds the bass is not as prominant, but in terms of really hearing the music it is just about right. These earbuds are made out of solid metal and are incredibly durable, monster even ran over them with a 4000 pound forklift and they didn't even scratch. the only reason i rated this iteam as a 4 is because they don't stay in your ear very well, but no earbud i hav had stayed in with the silicon tips provided. You can purchase gel tips or foam tips, which i have ordered recently.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor build quality, average sound quality, July 3, 2010
Skender (brooklyn, ny United States) - See all my reviews
I bought these headphone from a large retail store and having gone through so many cheaper headphones I also got the stores warranty. Two weeks of moderate use the left earpiece goes dead. I return the product to the store for an even exchange and as I take out new one the jack sleeve just slides off! I've never seen a product fall apart and be built with such poor quality. If you are very delicate with your things these are fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Monster Lil Jamz NOT durable at all, May 30, 2010
Artnom "Artnom" (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought the Monster Lil Jams after owning two pairs of Shure ear buds which each lasted around a year each. I was told about the Monster Lil Jamz and how durable they were. I went and bought a set and after just ONE day of use the left ear piece stopped working after I walked just One Mile to work, which I did with the Shures daily. As I was walking I also heard this echoing effect in the ear pieces as well. It was like some reverberation of the metal into my ear canal. I even found a way to tune that out though. About a block before I made it to work the left ear piece stopped working. I gave it the benefit of doubt that it was my old ipod acting up. I went home after work and tried listening to a few products with them. The left ear piece was definitely dead. I feel cheated that I spent so much money and time shopping for them and they can't even last a day. I am going to ask for a refund and never look at this brand again. Do not buy this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Heaphones, Great Comfort, Stellar Sound, May 21, 2010
I have had these only for 6 weeks, but I am very impressed. They are very well constructed, with great feeling materials. The buds are color coded for right/left, and have tangle free cords.

There only a few nits I have to pick: 1) Cord slide is metal, thin and seems to drag on the cord. Makes me feel like I will be to fray the cord. This can, and should be improved. 2) Plug, now this is personal preference, but I prefer my plugs to have a 90 degree angle when coming off my iPod Touch. When I hold the Touch wide screen style, the straight plugs stick out, and feel fragile. They tend to interfere with some of the Touch functions. This is not a fault of the Lil' Jamz exclusive, but all staight plug ear buds.

Now on to the good stuff: these feel great, the metal body speaks quality, the smoke chrome finish is a great touch. Cord has great tactile feel, seems quite tangle free, is the correct length, and appears quite durable. Time will tell on that. The carry pouch is quite functional, carries nice in the pocket, and keep the phones looking good.

I am using these as everyday carry, and not been disappointed yet.

I highly recommend them. I would poke around the net, might be found a bit cheaper elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great build quality, Good sound quality., March 29, 2010
Jon K (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
This is a great product from Monster. The build quality is amazing as it feels much more expensive. I also appreciate the 3 year warranty. It has good sound quality. Highs seems pretty crisp but the lows seem slightly weaker than I would like. I also own the Monster Turbine headphones, which have a more balanced sound, but the earbuds are substantially bigger and heavier.

This product is probably best for people that are looking for a small light but well built earbuds with good sound quality. I would recommend the Monster Turbine for listeners looking for sound quality as their main concern.

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money, May 8, 2011
I just bought the Lil' Jamz to replace my Koss Porta Pro in the summertime, since it is getting pretty warm with them.

The conclusion is very simple: The Lil' Jamz are too expensive by far! The building quality is pretty good, one of the reasons I bought them, but the sound quality is in comparison not worth to talk about. Especially the bass is not really there, but also high and mid sections are shown with the Koss Porta Pro by far more dynamic and clear.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre sound quality, October 26, 2010
I bought these Lil Jamz a couple weeks ago and was somewhat disappointed. They seem to be good quality, and come with a nice pouch for carrying. However, I had hoped for better sound for $80. They have excellent sound clarity but are completely lacking in bass. I don't like overpowering bass, but I want to be able to hear it! I thought they just needed burned in, but after letting them play at fairly high volume several hours a day for a week or more, there was little improvement. I just exchange them for a pair of Klipsch Image S4s, and was blown away by their sound quality right out of the box. They don't seem to be made of the high quality materials the Monsters are, and their cheap, bulky tin case is nothing short of ridiculous. These things aside, however, the S4s sound the best of any earphones I've used. At least ten times better than the Monster buds! I just hope they last!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound Great! BUT they are crappy quality....broken in 2 places after 1 year, October 12, 2012
I was very excited to buy these "Monster" brand headphones when they want on sale for about $55. Headphones were great right out of the box! Sound was really good, bass was pretty good. The rubber material of the cord did a nice job of keeping the headphones from getting tangled like others do so easily and I used the carry pouch all of the time when traveling. I also liked them because they were sound isolating but not too much? By that I mean it doesn't silence out noise like a pair of silicone ear plugs but they filter just the right amount so you don't have the ringing in your ears when music isn't playing.
After about a month or so, the shield the goes over the jack started to lift a few mm's higher on the cord. So I just started pushing it back down, over and over again every time I plugged them in. Then one of my earbuds starting cutting in and out. Now it's to the point where I have to hold the jack in just the right angle to hear any sound at all. This was about a month after their "Limited Manufacturer's Warranty" of 1 year parts. I will not be buying another set and will stay very clear of this brand of headphones.

I recently bought a pair of the Logitech Ultimate Ears 350 headphones and have been very happy. They sound just as good as the Monsters, if not better. But they cancel out all noise so well it feels like I have ear plugs in. I can't hear anything around me whatsoever, so I don't like to wear them jogging. But they are perfect on the airplane. Volume control is nice and there is also a button to control songs (it kinda sticks now and then). Buy the Logitechs over these!!

Monster Lil' Jamz Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
$119.99
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.