5.0 out of 5 stars For picture quality - quite simply the best as of Feb 2014
I'm an experienced videophile with top shelf equipment.

I've just auditioned several 1.4 HDMI cables from top brands including AudioQuest and WireWorld and for picture quality, as of early 2014, this Monster 2000HD HDMI cable was surprisingly the clear winner.

Published 12 months ago by Mark

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this product
Published 1 month ago by Juan Levy

5.0 out of 5 stars For picture quality - quite simply the best as of Feb 2014, January 28, 2014
This review is from: Monster Cable MC ISF2000 HD-35 EFS 35-Feet HDMI Cable (Electronics)
I'm an experienced videophile with top shelf equipment.

Specifically, the television screen had more defined resolution (more detail between strands of hair, fur on a sweater, blades of grass). The colors were less bloomy and looked more natural, blacks were more black. Animated graphics like the spinning chrome/gold "Universal Pictures Globe" at the beginning of films or the opening titles on modern Pixar blue-rays were sharper and more three dimensional.

This Monster HDMI cable was superior to prior top-shelf Monster HDMI cables I still own.

For dedicated HDMI audio only, I'm not sure this is the best choice. I didn't test the HDMI cables for audio because I've found high-end surround sound through HDMI to be inferior to dedicated 7.1 analog outs from my BD player directly into my multi-channel pre-amp.

But on the picture side, it's darn strange how much difference HDMI cables really do affect image quality and once you've seen the differences testing them back to back to back to back to back and you find a clear winner, you're grinning every time you're watching something new because you remember the strengths of your chosen setup over the others.

It's slightly reassuring that at this price the 2000HD HDMI cables are 4K compliant.

I've just ordered two more (5ft, 12ft, and 16ft in total) and nope they ain't cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars For Long Runs THIS IS A MUST!, September 14, 2014
I don't often invest in Monster Cable for the shear fact of price. I have been buying all my HDMI cables from Monoprice and all has been well. That was until I needed a 27 foot run from my home theater receiver (Pioneer VS-X40) to the rear of my Samsung PN60E8000. Monoprice Redmere cables DO NOT WORK at the length I needed. I tried several from them and even had a few emails with their tech department, and was told by a Monoprice tech that their cable would not work (I have the emails to prove it).

So this brings me to this purchase. I called Monster Cable and was assured this cable would work. I installed the cable yesterday and wouldn't you know it, it works perfectly! The V-Grip connector fits TIGHTLY into my TV and HT Receiver, unlike the other brand where it is a loose fit. Picture quality IS much better and the fact that it is 4K certified makes this purchase a whole lot more easier. I am very happy that I am back in business and if you need a long run like I did, I STRONGLY recommend this cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing improvement in picture quality..., October 21, 2013
Yes, I've read all of the reviews and consumer recommendations that basically say all HDMI cables are created equal. These also all say don't spend more than $25 on an HDMI cable because you're wasting your money. I was a firm believer in this approach too until I purchased this cable. I have a Sony 46" flat screen with a 35 foot run to my audio/video cabinet. I originally installed a non-name brand HDMI cable through the attic to the TV. The picture quality was "okay" but not great. Sometimes it seemed like the image was a little blurry or the colors just weren't quite right. I calibrated the picture and tried all sorts of things but was still disappointed. Reluctantly, I ordered this cable. The picture quality instantly improved and the true colors started to be realistic. I've read the blogs of professional TV calibrators. They are correct in their opinions, a TV's onboard processor will perform error corrections on the digital signal to correct for poor quality HDMI cables which degrades picture quality/color. That is apparently what was happening with my situation. If you have a long run of cable, pay the money and buy a quality cable like this. Everyone in the family is astonished at the visible improvement in picture that this cable instantly provided. Worth every penny!

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this product, December 20, 2014
Juan Levy (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This cable is not worth buying. Signal starts out fine, then cuts out after a while. When speaking with Monster customer support (a) prepare to wait on hold for extended times, (b) not get answers or get inaccurate answers. Not worth buying. Thinking that bends in the cable could be the problem, moved the equipment to avoid them and, even with very wide sweeping curves, problem persists. Monster does not tell you an allowable bending radius. Technical support (when you finally reach a human) says "no bends". Replaced with a different manufacturer's cable---problem gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect cable, April 21, 2014
Perfect ! High Quality cable 4k 3D 100% compatibile ! I've an audioquest choccolate 10mt long but with my projector can't see 4k with monster cable everything perfect !

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, Got better Picture instantly, September 11, 2013
I just installed this cable yesterday between my receiver & projector & all I can say is WOW.
I instantly got a better picture!
My receiver is a brand new Pioneer Elite SC-75 & the projector a "nothing to write home about" Optima that I think I paid around 800.00 for which is change in the projector world.
I also bought a 5 foot version to go between my Popcorn Hour A-400 media player & the receiver.
I'm saving up for a JVC 4K projector which should really take advantage of this cable.

To the reviewer without a clue who didn't even buy & gave it one star review because of the price & said "all HDMI cables are the same, why would anybody spend this much". I'm sure it makes no difference if you bought your all in one home theater & your TV at walmart as I'm sure you did sir. Amazon should verify purchases before they let people like this leave reviews.

1.0 out of 5 stars I got better internet from this and my tv turned into a transformer!, February 13, 2014
Honestly there is no reason to spend more than $20 on a freakin cable!

The quality of the picture doesn't change just because of the cord you use to hook it up. Something people don't know is that gold, yes, does have low resistance but that is not why it is so widely used in electronics. Gold is used so much because it doesn't oxidize and may last a bit longer than copper or whatever else. Unless you live in a lake or something gold is rarely needed.

This is an expensive piece of crap and noone should support this company!

1.0 out of 5 stars ITS POINTLESS, August 17, 2013
All HDMI cables are the same there is no need for 24k gold on your HDMI cable they all work the same
$275 is crazy and ridiculous