Most helpful critical review
4 of 5 people found the following review helpful
on March 28, 2008
1) It provides protection for power surges and performs filtering.
2) Panel that displays voltage and amperage readings that detaches from main unit.
3) Exterior design that makes it look flashy.
1) Major annoyance: Unit emits an electrical hum that increases as the load increases. This can be masked by background noise such as a computer fan. Generally this shouldn't happen in a quality product, especially in this price range. I'm assuming that it's a "feature" the engineers at Monster felt was acceptable.
2) Minor annoyance: Only two outlets. It's clearly stated in the product specification, but still somewhat obnoxious. If you have more than two devices in your home theater you'll either want to buy additional power strips or find a device with more outlets.
3) Minor annoyance: Ridiculous claims on the packaging that this product will substantially improve picture quality. Claims such as these are the staple of Monster marketing, buyer beware.
I would recommend buying a non-Monster brand item with the same amount of protection. You'll get the same level of functionality without the flashiness and cost associated with Monster products.