5.0 out of 5 stars Great product that I hope lasts a long time
Published on May 16, 2012 by Live, Laugh, Love...

3.0 out of 5 stars Versatile ear-buds
I saw these headphones and was intrigued almost instantly.
I've like the previous products by monster I've owned (Guitar Cables, Lady Gaga Heartbeats, Beats tour, Power Center).
I was looking for some ear-buds that looked more masculine yet retained decent sound quality.

These only have a few hours burn in time but so far I'm impressed. The sound...
Published on April 22, 2012 by Stephen Hannibal-lockley

3.0 out of 5 stars Versatile ear-buds, April 22, 2012
This review is from: Monster NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I saw these headphones and was intrigued almost instantly.

These only have a few hours burn in time but so far I'm impressed. The sound stage is wide and the the buds are tuned a lot flatter than either of the beats I own. Rather than have a super exaggerated and sometimes muddy low end representation, the bass pumping out of these headphones is well balanced and allow room for the music to breath.
This controlled bass response allows the N-Ergy to be a versatile headphone at a responsible price. Something I cannot say about Beats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product that I hope lasts a long time, May 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm very pleased with the quality of these in ear headphones. The sound is crisp and clear and I love I can wear these as a necklace. The magnetic connection is a brillant idea, they stay put and are easy to throw on. The package includes several buds to customize the fit just right, and I appreciate very much being able to custom fit these and be comfortable. Everyone is the house fights for these! I'll be buying more as needed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Feelin' The N-ERGY, April 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Appearance isn't a priority for me when it comes to music. The sound is. It didn't initially impress me that Nick Cannon helped design these N-ERGY earphones -- I had to look up his name to figure out who he even is. That said, I have to admit that the magnetic clasp features which lets you hook them around your neck like a chain is pretty slick. It's a quick an easy way to store them if they're not in your ears but still lets you have quick access to them. And it helps keep them from getting tangled. They fall behind your neck unless you hang from the shirt clip. The included shirt clip is a nice one that actually has a built-in swivel which allows it to rotate while remaining clipped to your shirt.

The big "NCredible" badge where the two buds split off from the main cord is a bit flashy, but not overly so -- and I like the non-tangle style flat wires, though they are not as thick or effective as the ones on my Punch Plugs (see the customer images above). Still, they help keep things from getting too tangled. Three sizes of noise isolating eartips are include to help you get the best fit. The ones that came on the buds initially fit fine for me, though I ended up using the largest size. They stay snug in my ears. Slight negatives are attractive yet the less than eco-friendly packaging, and the right angle plug. I prefer a straight one.

The Universal ControlTalk feature (built-in mic and answer/end button for hands-free calling) is neat to have, but not one I'm likely to use any time soon. Build quality is solid. Blue and red color accents make it easy to tell which earpiece goes in which ear (red = right, blue = left). Noise isolation from the rubber tips is decent/good enough, but other earbuds I own are even better. The cord transmits a small amount of noise when moving around, but not enough to get in the way of the audio.

Most importantly, how do they sound? Well, in a word, f-N-GREAT! Some Monster products may be over-priced and over-hyped, but these earbuds appear to be a good value for this price range. The bass is powerful for earbuds and the clarity in mid to high range is excellent. The high-middle range lacks some power on flat settings, but it can be compensated for to some extent with an equalizer. In fact, these buds seem more responsive than most to equalizer adjustments. I listened to music on 2 different MP3 players and on 2 different Macs, and it sounded good and distortion free on all of them, no matter how high I cranked the volume. And cranking it lets these headphones really shine. While they sound fine at lower levels, when things get loud is when you really hear all that the N-ERGY buds have to offer.

I tested a wide range of music including Gershwin's 'Rhapsody in Blue', Ella Fitzgerald's 'Summertime', Duran Duran's 'Leave A Light On', Lady Gaga's 'Americano', Ozric Tentacles' 'Kick Muck', Radiohead's 'Backdrifts' and NIN's 'Closer'. These and more all sounded good. Very spacial and revealing elements of the music I had not picked up before (a sign of a good headphone). Base is emphasized, but not overwhelmingly so and it allows for a wide and detailed sound stage. They've only "burned-in" for about 12 hours now, but I'd be hard pressed to see how they can get much better. They compare very well to my Logitech Ultimate Ears 350s and my Rockford Fosgate Punch Plug earbuds; more like the former than the base-heavy latter. I welcome the the slight emphasis on base in earbud headphones like these have. The N-ERGY headphones are probably the best I've heard in the $60 and below price range, just squeaking past the UE 350s.

4.5 NCredible Stars, rounded up. Monster got this one right, and perhaps this Nick Cannon guy isn't all hype after all. ;]

~ Kort

3.0 out of 5 stars Tween Oriented Looks And Sound, November 7, 2012
Design: 3 Stars

Features: 3 Stars

Performance: 3 Stars

Overall: The NCredible NErgy in-ear headphones are Monster's entry level offering, but they are a real mixed bag.

When you take the NCredible NErgy earbuds out of the box, it is clear that a lot of thought went into the design. They have some good features such as a flat noodle cable (which avoids tangles) and a right angle plug that reduces stress over the more prevalent straight plugs on most headphones. However, it's not all roses. The reinforced "Y" joint on the cable is rather large in order to display the "NCredible" logo. To me this makes the buds come off a bit childish. It also makes them bulky when you fold them up. I borrowed the case from my JBuds J4 since Monster left this accessory out (a move that would seem to have been done in an attempt to lower the price). This is easily the largest case of any of the buds that I have, but it is difficult to get the NErgy buds in this roomy case thanks to the bulky logo. Instead of a case, you get a "really neat" NCredible sticker which further lends to the "made for kids" feel.

As for usage, everything is split on the plusses and minuses. Bass performance on songs like K'Naan's "ABCs" and Dido's "Stoned" is strong, but you have to get through the 20ish hour burn-in period before this is the case. However, this comes at a price on balance. On Miles Davis' "So What", the stand-up bass overpowers Davis and Coltrane on their solos. The increase in bass also muddies the overall sound detail and clarity. The instrumentation seems sparse on Evanescence's "End Of The Dream" and Metallica's "All Nightmare Long". Higher quality buds like the Klipsch Image S4 reveal significantly more clarity and depth. While music doesn't sound bad on these buds, you will be disappointed if you are used to anything higher end, i.e. from Klipsch or even Monster's more expensive offerings.

So, who should consider the Monster NCredible NErgy? I would say that parents shopping for young teens or tweens who are at least as interested in looks as sound. Most others should either step up (audiophiles on a budget) or step down (those just looking for something better than stock earbuds).

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior sound quality and stylish looks, July 14, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Really incredible sound quality blasts from these small, yet powerful in-ear headphone. It provides a very clear sound which makes it apt for listening to music. I have used them with iPod, iPhone, iPad, and notebook and they work just as advertised. Straight out of the box, the packaging of the earphones with the two additional earbuds is really impressive (check customer images section). One small and one large set of earbuds in addition to the medium size buds will really cover almost every person.

My use is primarily for listening music while sitting & working on computer, or working out. During a high-motion activity like running, they are inconvenient to keep in-ear.

There is a button for mic to answer incoming calls etc., while using with iPhone which works well and it also comes with a small clamp which can be used to clamp the wire at time of work out etc.

In its price range, and for in-ear headphones, these headphones provide a very good value oriented product which most music aficionados will surely love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Set of Headphones, April 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While I have only used them for a day now, so far the Monster NCredible Nergy earbud headphones have been excellent. The bass and sound are solid and, while I first thought that the cables were flimsy, they are actually excellent in remaining untangled. The magnetic headphones are an interesting feature but not one that does much for me. I do like the handy case that is provided along with the packaging. There are plenty of earbuds in various sizes and it is nice to see that kind of variety for all size ears.

The best feature is the sound quality. While it has only been a day, these buds have been excellent in keeping out other noise and in adjusting music. Highly recommended--especially as there are other buds on the market that cost more and deliver less.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, January 13, 2014
I like these headphones and they fit nice in. The price is nice. I bought them for my kids since they tend to misplace headphones and I don't want to spend a lot of money but still want good sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for phone calls, plane flights, and good for music on the go, April 27, 2012
Alberto Vargas (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was very impressed by these headphones when I got them.

The packaging is pretty exquisite, something I would expect more from Apple than any other company. Normally I throw away the packaging, but in this case it has holders for two sets of extra rubbery ear pieces, so I am keeping it.

The headphones provide a pretty good seal when I put them in my ears. This has the positive effect of blocking noise and making music and phone calls easier to hear. I have not tried to change the rubber ear piece to try and get the optimal fit - I am happy as they came, but you have more options for a better fit.

The headphones work well for phone calls on my Android phone. The microphone has a button for momentary mute/unmute, and a long press hangs up. The mute feature is very handy since I sometimes take calls in noisy places. And the good seal on both ears also helps hear better in such places. Also, the flat profile of the wires makes it less likely they will get tangled (read: they don't), unlike run-of-the-mill Apple earbuds.

UPDATE:

I did spend some time evaluating the sound quality of these headphones for music. I compared them against my Denon AH-D2000, full-sized high-end music headphones. Unsurprisingly, these little Monsters lost the fight. However, they performed well. I focused on the track "S' Wonderful" by Diana Krall from "Live in Paris". The piano and Diana's voice came across very clear and detailed, without being bright. What was lost was the bass, but this is perfectly normal and expected in headphones of this size. Given how well the vocals sounded, I am reminded of how well these work for phone calls (where the goal is to hear voices clearly). I am pleased with the musical quality of these headphones.

Recommended. I hope they hold up over time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome earbuds, unfortunately possible deal-breaker w/cord., April 26, 2012
S. Dang (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These earbuds are very clear sounding. The have a very well balanced equalization across the sound spectrum. The bass is very clean. Most ear buds I've used in before that claim to be high end have way too much distortion on the low-end. Avoid any product that advertises "megabass" feature! The bass on these earbuds is superb. Couldn't ask for better, IMO.

Electronica, Rap, R&B all sound great to me. Acoustic sounds particularly good.

The buds are magnetic and clasp together to form the shape of a lanyard which you can wear around your neck when not in use. It's particularly great if you like wearing hoods like me. You don't have to take your hood off.

The phone answering function of the button works perfectly. Otherwise they function as a pause/play feature.

There are a couple of things that kept me from giving it a 5/5 stars. First issue is the rubberized flat cord. While it appears very durable, it is also very stiff. The problem transmitting the even the slightest vibration up the cord brushing or tapping against your shirt, jacket, wallet, etc. Anything it touches transfers right up to the earbuds. So that is a big issue for me. It's a very real problem unless you are using it while sitting still. When I listen to music, I rarely sit still so it would be a deal-breaker, unfortunately.

The other issue is that for the price, it should have come with a winding storage case or something for cord management. Where the cord splits from one cord to two is a plastic Y piece. This would prevent me from using one of my existing winding cases with it, so that's a bit of a downer.

Anyway, if the issues I had with these ear buds don't bother you, then go for it, because they are indeed fantastic sounding.

This has been my honest review, I hope it was helpful! If you have comments or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just got 'em, April 21, 2012
I have wanted to buy some new high quality sound headphones that also have the built in mic for some time now. I use my corded headphones all day long to talk on the phone for work. I read the reviews on the beats headphones with talk control and didn't think they were worth the 70-80 bucks. I saw these and decided they looked like they were worth a try since they only ran me 60 bucks. And so far I love them! I just bought them today but so far so good. I recommend them if you need talk control on your headphones.