5.0 out of 5 stars The best at what they're made for.
Before you get these, realize what these headphones are and what they aren't.

Published 13 months ago by Zach Gates

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in four months
The plastic head band broke in four months. So for the money one can do much better. The sound quality was good but with no plastic band it was useless
Published 9 months ago by Tracy Dawn Strachan

5.0 out of 5 stars The best at what they're made for., November 4, 2013
Zach Gates (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monster NCredible NTune On-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
Before you get these, realize what these headphones are and what they aren't.

What these headphones are is a pair intended for people who listen to music that has a lot of low end to it. That can mean any one of several genres, from pop to rock, hip hop to heavy metal, electronica and industrial. They have a pronounced midrange scoop to them, meaning the bass and treble are accentuated while the middle of the spectrum is pulled back. I'm sitting here at the moment, listening to some MF Doom and they pull EVERYTHING out of it you could possibly want. The highs are sparkling without being fatiguing and the bass is POWERFUL without the slightest bit of distortion (something my much more expensive Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80s can't do). Simply put, these are a musical headphone, built to enjoy music.

What these headphones are NOT is a pair with a flat response for studio monitoring or listening to more "subtle" music. You likely won't be able to get the nuances out of jazz or classical that you'd like, but then they're not aiming for that. It's not a failure on these headphones' part, the kind of speakers that would excel in those genres and uses would sound lifeless if given a Flying Lotus or Bolt Thrower track. Some genres are MADE to have certain areas of their spectrum enhanced.

I'm rating these a five NOT because they're a perfect headphone on the spectrum of headphones. I'm rating these a five because for $100 you simply won't find a better pair for livelier musical genres. Even for $150 you likely can't top these. I don't have a pair of the V Mode M80's but I believe they're the only pair that can compete, but is going to run more money.

So that's the sound. The rest? Well, they look sexy, feel good, the cord is detachable (which is a godsend for someone with dogs like me), the controls work on my Galaxy S4, they're comfortable as hell on the ears even with my big head. It'd be nice if they folded, but that's not enough of a quibble for me to knock a point off. Also, unlike most of the headphones that I'd put this in competition with, these don't need an amp. On my laptop, my LAPTOP, I have the volume set to 50% and it's more than plenty. Even on my phone I don't have them up the whole way.

Beats? Please. I've listened to EVERY pair of Beats and not one can stack up to these. Even Monster's DNA line is limp and dull in comparison. The Klipsch Image One is decent, and absolutely more comfortable, but the sound isn't quite as powerful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sounding/comfortable set of headphones.. Good job Monster..., October 22, 2013
This review is from: Monster NCredible NTune On-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
I was looking for a set of headphones for workouts since I hate listening to other noises (dropped weights/other music that may be playing) in the gym. I have used them for working out in the gym, on the treadmill and on 3 mile runs. These headphones are a great choice if you are looking for a set of all around headphone. The sound on these headphones is just awesome!! They do require some break-in time for the true sound of them to come out. Ear pieces are comfortable and soft. There is very little audio leakage when on, so others will not hear what you are listening to even when turned up loud. I have used them for about 3 weeks now and really enjoy the way they sound and the comfort they possess. I have used them with my cell phone and MP3 player. They sound good with both. I have a pair of the Beats as well and these sound just as good as those. I listen to all types of music and these headphones are up to that task. One of the best things about these headphones, (other than the sound) is how lightweight they are. These are a great set of headphones and would recommend them to anyone looking to not spend a lot of money and still get exceptional sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shame on people for buying Beats. They should buy these instead!, October 15, 2013
This review is from: Monster NCredible NTune On-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
My friend got a pair of these and I listened to 5 seconds of a song, and I knew I had to have them. I went to a store with my iPod, and put it through tests of music that I would want to listen to including Metal, Electronic, Punk Rock, Hard Rock, and Classic Rock, and I didn't find a single song that sounded bad. These headphones are also very durable. You can bend them straight, and then twist them, and they won't snap at all. The ear cups have very nice padding on them that is very soft and cushy, and is almost a half inch thick, and the ear cups themselves can pivot, to conform to your head, which makes for an even better listening experience. The finish is perfect. It's literally a mirror finish. And the sound quality, imagine Beats by Dr. Dre, but with more definition, and more crisp low end, and much more durable. Also, the cable that it came with is untangle-able, and a very nice length, and it has 1 button on it that serves multiple functions that I haven't really figured out. The packaging that it comes with is outstanding, including magnets so the box stays closed. My favorite part of these headphones, (other than the sound) is how lightweight they are. When I was tracking them on UPS the packaging weight said 2.10 lbs, and that was packaging and all (I got a lot of packing peanuts). You could easily wear these around all day comfortably. Overall, if you are looking for an outstanding pair of headphones and were looking towards Beats by Dr. Dre, shame on you. You need to try these out.

UPDATE

They broke. My friend has gone through 3 pairs, and another friend who got these is about to break his 2nd pair. You know where they broke? Same place every time. Where the metal plate on the headband is. Monster, if you are seeing this review, get rid of that metal piece. It's making perfectly good headphones into 2 pieces! If you're looking for a better pair of headphones at less than half the price, Audio Technica ATH-M20X. I'm wearing them as I write this review. GET THEM.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in four months, March 6, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT!!, January 8, 2014
This review is from: Monster NCredible NTune On-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
If you are interested in over the ear headphones, but don't want to pay $200 to follow a trend.. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this set. Great bass with a well rounded, studio quality sound. Very comfortable and could be worn for long periods of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Headphones, May 5, 2014
This review is from: Monster NCredible NTune On-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
I bought the. Beats. By Dre headphones and did not like them at all, I took them back and bought the. Ncredible monster headphones and I really love them, the bass and clarity is beyond perfect. It sounds a party is going on in your ears, these headphones are a great buy!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, just a couple of suggestions, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Monster NCredible NTune On-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
Bought these on a whim. I was looking for something besides beats by dre and also didn't want to spend a grip of cash on headphones. I picked up this box at the store, only because it had a price tag of $29.00. Talk about a come up. I knew it was a mistake and I wasn't gonna get them for that price. I'd never heard of them so I said cool, I'll get these, if I dont like them I can return them, no big deal. They were $110 and I got them for $59. After reading reviews, looks like I got some good cans. I do however have 3 issues with them, they don't fold, there is no metal on the adjustable area and they come with a soft case. There is no sound leak, major thing I was looking for, and they look cool but im afraid I'm gonna break em easily, so I guess thats 4 issues. No big deal, not bad for $59 but if they were foldable, had some metal reinforcement and came with a better case they would be boss.

The sound is great! I'm reading reviews that say it's only good for hip-hop, not true. I was rocking some Korn, yeah I brought it back, and the drums, the base the everything was nice. Also sounds good with other music as well. I'm not a picky guy or a snob reviewer and I do appreciate getting what I paid for and these are sweet. Oh yeah..Stop wearing beats around your neck at the club...with no cord attached. Shut that down.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are great., April 25, 2014
This review is from: Monster NCredible NTune On-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
Bought this for my son & he absolutely loves them. The price and quality , are incredible. I'm glad I made this purchase. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound without breaking the bank -- great for office use, June 9, 2014
This review is from: Monster NCredible NTune On-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
These were an impulse buy for me... I have a pair of vintage Yamaha Orthodynamic headphones and also high-end openback Shures -- neither of which I wanted to use at the office for fear of losing them or breaking.

As shallow as it sounds, I was drawn to their looks. I was able to try them out at the store with my iPhone so it wasn't a completely blind leap of faith but still.

They sound very good to me -- not overly bass heavy but full, detailed, and separated soundstage (my test for this is if I close my eyes, can I tell which side cellos are playing on -- yes!).

They are ON-ear (as opposed to around ear) -- as a result, they are tend to clamp my ears and I have to take breaks from wearing them for awhile. The picture on the box implies that you can flex and bend them every which way and they won't break. I was hoping that this meant they didn't clamp your head as tight but so far, that doesn't seem to be the case :=-(

FWIW, I haven't tried the bending and contorting the headphones to test their "indistructability" but I suspect there was some photo-shopping going on there! They feel a bit to brittle to withstand that kind of stress.

One thing that is nice is that the cord can be plugged into either side. I like to have the cord on the left so that it doesn't get in the way of my mouse/trackball hand.

I've been listening to everything from Bach and Brahms to Ray Charles, The Who, and Guns and Roses and these sound great for all genres. They do block sound (my boss was accustomed to being able to yell out his office at me and now he has to come to my desk to get my attention... not a bad thing!).

I did purchase the Aqua green color and was disappointed to see the white "pleather" ear cup -- I suspect that is going show dirt and grunge fairly quickly. Oh well.

Overall, I'm please with this set. A good compromise between high-end audiophile quality and cheap pairs that sound, well, cheap!

As usual, though, I do wish I had bought them off Amazon -- they are 20 bucks cheaper here than my local store... oh well...

[NCJAR]

5.0 out of 5 stars Monster Sound, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Monster NCredible NTune On-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
Best head phones I have used. I don't want to take them off. Sound is great. The cord end that is flat on the bottom so it does not pull out of your phone. Just as good as Beets and less than half the price. They work well as ear muffs as well.
Cons: The sound button on the cord is not compatible with the IPhone. They do not fold.
Over all good product.