Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 20, 2012
The monster that ate my socks is a lively, story of a ugly, cute,shy monster that does gross, funny things
just like every good monster should.
Great story for 5 years and older. Our six year old son really likes it.
Not scary, just cheeky and fun.
on April 29, 2012
This next part is writen by my eight year old...

It is a great book i love it it rocks.The book is about a kid whos socks keep dissapeering.Read the book to find out what happens next.
on February 19, 2013
This book has a fun story with cheerful, fitting art. The monster has the right combination of ugly monster-ness while being cute and charming to a child's eye. The book has a clever ending that will make you grin, instead of the usual "moral of the story" type formulas. It's a perfect example of independent children's books that Kindle makes possible. If you like this one I also recommend another favorite of my son's, The Old Dragon: A Fantasy Children's Book for Early Readers
Do you have socis that go missing? What do you think happens to those socks?

The author, A.J.Cosmo, has written a fun story about missing socks. One little boy kept losing his socks. His mom would ask him where his socks went. The little boy had no idea where his socks went, it was a mystery to him. One day he found a half chewed sock in his laundry basket, and he wondered what was going on. He decided to stay up at night and see what was eating his socks. A little after midnight his dour opened, and a funny little green thing entered his room and went right for the dirty socks. The little boy scared him and the little green monster went into the closet. Mom came into see what the noise was all about. Nothing could be found and she again told her son to go to sleep it was late. The little boy went to school the next day, and he and his friend, Ryan discussed dirty socks, and they decided to work together to solve the problem. When you read this story you will discover exactly what happens.

This is a story that had me a little confused. I liked the funny little green monster. I was not a fan of the homework as a part of this story, it had a very negative connotation.

Recommended. prisrob 11-04-15
on November 14, 2015
I’ve had some success with AJ Cosmo’s children’s books and this was another one. Weird, but original and fun, and which took a Doctor Who approach to conflict resolution by showing that the brain is mightier than the sword. A nameless child is having a problem in that his stinky socks seem to be showing up in tatters the next morning – not clean ones, only the stinky ones. He doesn’t seem to grasp that if he washed them, or at least secured them, they might be safe from whatever it is that’s eating them, but he does have the smarts to lie in wait one night to find out that a green, three-eyed little creature is attacking and devouring his socks, and he makes a plan with his friend Ryan to trap the critter, which they do. He didn’t realize, though, that even monsters have families, and this one is only wanting to be able to take care of three kids.

Further investigation reveals that the monsters also love to eat bad homework and test results (now there’s an idea!), so the kids come up with a nice solution to the problem. In some ways I was a little bit disappointed that there was no opportunity seized here to discuss personal hygiene or the important of doing well in school. There doesn’t need to be a lecture, just a word or two here and there to get the idea into kids’ heads. That curmudgeonly comment aside, I did like the story and the monsters, and they message that you can help people even when, at first blush, they appear to be scary or beyond help.

And here I thought lost socks were orbiting Saturn alongside all the lost luggage! Shows what I know. I liked the overall story and the originality, and I consider this a worthy read. Besides, it has socks appeal!

(Review originally posted on Ian Wood's Novellum)
on December 10, 2012
Not well written, and definitely not a great message. Here's how the monster describes a backpack full of "wrong" homework: "It smells stupid, like someone was wrong a lot." So making errors = stupid? And later, "this log is full of bad." So making errors = bad? If it was possible to give this book a negative star rating, I would.
on November 16, 2015
I've read quite a few of this author's books, some are really good, some not so much, The Monster That Ate My Socks is a fairly good read, which plays on the sock disappearance mystery that a lot of people experience. This one the mystery is solved by the fact the monster on the cover is responsible, but what's a kid to do when his mother doesn't believe him and tells him to stop losing socks as she can't afford to keep buying new ones? The book also tackles the old Dog Ate My Homework myth with a new spin about half way through. Basically this is a junior fiction short story with illustrations in the style of the cover image throughout.

I enjoyed it enough to recommend it but I don't think it's one that will be remembered years into the future by either the adult reader or the child reader or child being read to.
on February 6, 2012
Okay, this book is completely adorable. It's about a monster who eats socks, and the kid whose socks he's eating keeps getting in trouble from his mom. Eventually he & a friend figure out that the monster will also be happy to eat homework (of course!).

Best for younger kids, I would say up to 2nd grade.
"The monster sniffed the air, licked its lips, and rubbed its hands together."

Our main character, a little boy, gets in trouble with his Mom because he keeps destroying his socks.

But he's innocent!

So one night, he stays up after bedtime to find out who the sock destroyer really is.

Our hero is an impulsively delightfully headstrong boy, who will not take the fall for someone else's bad behavior!
He traps the monster, wrestles him, and that's when it really gets interesting.
Our main character gets his best friend Ryan to help catch the monster.
Things REALLY get out-of-control at this point!

If you think you know what happens next, you haven't the slightest idea.
The plot twist here threw us all for a loop!

If your kids into classic bedtime stories, particularly ones with monsters, this one's a WINNER.

In fact, if you enjoyed books like Dr. Seuss' "The Sleep Book", or "Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction site", AJ Cosmo's "The Monster That Ate My Socks" will be a regular in your household.

After you read this book, you may want to check out The Monster That Ate My Socks 2, and The Monster That Ate Our Keys

If I had to change one thing about this story, it might be to get more books in the series. This monster's got personality!

The book looks great on my Kindle reader - the formatting is very professionally done.

If you found this review useful, let the community know by clicking "YES" on the Helpful Vote below. Thanks!

Okay - off to enjoy this book again. Happy Monstering!
on November 6, 2015
I found this quite an interesting short story A out monsters eating these kids stinky , dirty socks and t has such bright colorful pictures in it as well so I would recommend it for 4-8 year olds and for five stars for it also having some good lessons that young kids and up could learn. I received this ebook for free and in return have given it an honest review on Amazon. Great work A.J.! By Angela