5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Amazon deal!
Published on March 8, 2009 by NH Ron

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your money people!!
Ok, so you have this nice and thick cable............that goes back to 24 or smaller gauge, no difference, your just paying for the name, I am a professional concert sound engineer, trust me when i tell you. Monster is overpriced, over hyped, cable. A home theater test was done about 2 years ago, with ordinary people, and 2 systems, the people were asked to decide which...
Published on March 10, 2011 by Martin Weiand

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Amazon deal!, March 8, 2009
This review is from: Monster Standard THX-Certified Subwoofer Interconnect Cable (16 Ft) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I bought this to replace the cheap cable that came with my 140W sub-woofer. Yes, it made a difference, especially when I crank the volume. I used "Iron Man" the seen with the Jericho bomb exploding, and felt like my clothes was flapping from the sonic boom as opposed to a loud sound with the original cable. The price from Amazon was absolutely unbelievable! Just look at BestBuy and them come back to Amazon to make your purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, Reputation and Performance, July 20, 2010
I own a Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Monitor Series Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black), which for some reason has left- and right-channel RCA inputs, while my Pioneer VSX-819H-K 5-Channel A/V Receiver (Black) has a mono output for the LFE channel. After buying the sub, I could picture the mono male to stereo male RCA cable that I needed, but none of the blue-shirted associates from a certain nameless Big Box store knew what I meant. I finally got the cable from "AdioShackRay", and got good sound quality until I did further research.

I read that a regular one-channel RCA interconnect would suffice, since the sub is a mono speaker. Also intending to move my sub to a new location, I searched Amazon as a new "Prime" member for a highly rated, brand name subwoofer cable that was around 15 feet. I found exactly what I was looking for with this cable. THX Certification was a bonus. I might be crazy, but I think I did notice a newfound crispness to the sound.

The connection is firm on both ends. Nice and tight. I did not notice any "stiffness" of the cable. Nothing out of the ordinary, or noteworthy. Just a regular cable. Granted it's double-shielded or whatever, but it's not a steel rod.

Two-day shipping was spot on. The box was even wrapped in plastic, presumably to preserve it if left outside during the rain. Great job Amazon! Opening the product was also very simple. Monster's packaging was perforated. I didn't have to fight against the typically impenetrable plastic casement. Definitely well-thought out.

Hopefully, with Amazon's help, I can afford to buy Monster again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Interconnect!, February 12, 2008
I received this Subwoofer Interconnect Cable yesterday and installed it right away. The 12 foot length is great; I can virtually place my sub anywhere I want. The cable itself is nice and thick and feels sturdy, unlike the cheap cable I use to have. I am not a "Monster" brand fan because their wires are usually way over priced, but I got this thing for about 1/4 what it costs at Best Buy or Circuit City. Given the price and the quality, this was a good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems here, February 8, 2011
All cables are not equal.

I am an electromagnetic compatibility engineer so I know something about shielding. Amplifiers, including powered subwoofers, are susceptible to 60 cycle hum that can be introduced by 120V AC power into a poorly shielded cable going to the input. The shielding is actually more important than the size (gauge - smaller is bigger) of the center conductor.

This cable has all the shielding necessary. I have to run the cable to the powered subwoofer parallel to an AC power cord for about six feet. No cross coupling at all. Pure base with no hum.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, November 25, 2010
I don't really hear the difference between this and my dish network A/V cable. Maybe it's just my setup.
All i can say is it works, feels like quality material, the connectors fit snug on my sub and receiver, and it's nice and long!
Definitely buy!

If interested my setup is:
Receiver: Sony STR-DN1010
Subwoofer: Energy ESW-8HG (double subs)
Speakers: Klipsch HD 500 (satellites only)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Price, perfect length, clean hook-up, April 5, 2010
I've got a bunch of RCA dual and component cables laying around; but, hate to have the unused jacks hanging off the back of both receiver and subwoofer. Aesthetics aside, I suppose that the other jacks could introduce some line interference and noise. Bottom line, this cable is designed specifically for the purpose, with solid cable gauge, perfectly fitting RCA jacks and proper consideration given to the placement of a subwoofer (nice long cable run). Given the long run, this single cable is also easier to run / hide along the wall than a typical RCA dual or component.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, August 6, 2010
Separate protective shield for maximum rejection of RFI and EMI.
24k gold contacts for optimum signal transfer and corrosion resistance.
Dual-balanced conductors for more lifelike sonic reproduction.
Meets minimum THX® certification standards for proper system performance, reliability and ease of installation.
Easy to identify color-coded bands for simple, error-free hookup.

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for..., June 11, 2011
...and that is a Monster Standard THX-Certified Subwoofer Interconnect Cable. while it may not be the best, there is a guaranteed quality that comes with THX certification. Monster may not be the leaders in speaker wire and interconnect cabling as it once was, but they still remain the standard for reference quality cables. i have a cheap [but very good sound quality] sub/sat system... the Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1. i upgraded the sub to the Energy ESW-V8 [200w rms; 800w peak 26-200hz @ + or - 3db] and after careful calibration of my sound system, i tested my systems response with RTA software and a measurement microphone and came in at 87 db + or - 3db between 20 - 20,000hz... simply amazing! that means i am getting reference quality sound levels in a 15' x 12' home theater! the true test is with music and the cable did not fail as all genres came in very clear and extremely musical. the vibrant and crystal clear sound field while listening to classical music in particular, was very pleasing.

so yes, you can pay much more for a little better low frequency sound quality, but in the end [dollar for dollar] this is one good investment!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for the price, March 24, 2011
I just need a longer cable and got this. I barley notice the sound quality diffrence but I notice its really good quality made.

4.0 out of 5 stars seems fine, February 10, 2011
can't say i can tell the difference between this cord and my previous one. Price of this one was good so i have no regrets buying it. however i cannot say that this cord made a huge difference in sound.