Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Monster Trucks! (Step into Reading)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 14, 2014
I bought this book for my 3-year-old, who is beginning to read and loves non-fiction. It gives good information on the beginnings of monster-truck racing, and a lot of the technical components. For instance, I didn't realize the floor-boards of monster trucks were clear, so the driver can see what's directly in front, since the height of the truck impedes their vision. I love reading this book, but after a few read-throughs, my son started reading it for himself! Definitely recommend.
on July 18, 2016
These are great books for children learning to read and for children who don't like to read "long: books. Also these books have a ton of information in them that keep my children interested on reading to the next page. I find that my children will read these books over and over again.
on October 27, 2014
I love these series. But most important that my son does. I got 40+ books and he loves to read them (usually it is not that easy to make him read). I got mix of 2-3-4 levels for the second grader, second level is too easy, but it creates some fun and he reads them with pleasure. Love it, I would recommend it.
on March 13, 2016
I bought this book for my 5 year old son who loves monster trucks. It is full of fun facts about monster truck shows; as well as driving, matience, and transporting the trucks. The pictures are real photos and not drawn. My son really enjoyed the diagram of the different truck parts. There are 48 pages, 45 pages of story. However, I do think the reading level is a bit high for a 5 year old. We have quite a few step 2 books that my son reads with little difficulty, and I didn't think step 3 would be so challenging, but it is quite a bit harder. We plan to read this book together until his reading skills are up to par with it.
on July 10, 2016
I have already ready this to my 4 year old great grandson two times and I just got it. He actually hugged the book and said he was never going to let it go. I think it is wonderful that I have the option of buying used books from all over the U.S.! Nice big print too. Explains how Monster Trucking got started with Big Foot.
on January 2, 2014
This was a Christmas present for my monster-truck obsessed son. I wanted to get him something that was educational as well as relevant to his interests. It is a little long (he is 3), but he was actively attentive the entire time I was reading, and has even gotten upset when I have refused to read it to him over and over again. It would be a great book for kids learning to read, but isn't too advanced for younger kids who can't read yet. I really am glad to hear him reciting facts from the book when playing with monster trucks, and not just saying stuff like, 'this monster truck has huge wheels'. I even learned from the book! Granted it's monster truck factoids, so not useful information, but I am always happy to find books to keep my son's interest in books and reading active.
on February 23, 2015
My son (3) loves monster trucks. He loves this book. This book is a little "older" as it doesn't really focus on the Monster Jam types of monster trucks but discusses the history of Big Foot and some of the oldies but goodies monster trucks. That doesn't seem to matter to my son as it works and is in heavy rotation at bedtime.
on April 30, 2014
Reading and monster trucks ~ two of my grandson's favorite things. He loves reading before bed especially books about cars and trucks. After attending a monster truck show, he was excited to receive this book.
on October 14, 2014
Cute book with lots of interesting facts about monster trucks and good photos. Bought it for my 4 yr old grandson and he sat and listened to the entire book. He is going through the 'monster truck phase' so almost anything about them excites him.
on May 27, 2013
I sent this to my little grand-son along with "I'm a Monster Truck" and two toy monster trucks for his birthday. He likes to read these with his mom,(He's a motor head and these are the first books he has really taken to.), while he plays with the trucks. Big hit.