Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Monster ULT I600-4 Ultra 600 RCA Stereo Cables (4 feet) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 23, 2010
I've read reviews complaining about the "overly tight fit". I disagree completely. You want them to be on tight and grip well. The turbine cut collar will open up slightly if you twist clockwise as you insert or remove them, as soon as you stop twisting it chomps down again. These are very rugged cables: they're stiffer than most and the RCA connector is longer than most, make sure you have room behind your gear before you open up and install a bunch of sets of them. They have a directional arrow for the signal direction. That arrow indicates the signal direction and the shield is connected at one RCA end, but not the other to prevent ground loop hum. As I think about it though, the cables should all be connected with the arrows pointing in the same direction, either toward, or away from, your preamp/receiver/amp, but not mixed directions, which would be a potential source of ground loop hum. Do they sound better? I'm not really sure, but I'm willing to believe they do. I didn't A/B test them, but they sound great. I have then between an Arcam CD player and a vacuum tube Audio Research preamp, and from that preamp to a vacuum tube Audio Research power amp.
on April 3, 2010
Here's a review on these Monster Cables I bought. So many people buy these cables but at full retail then they review and complain about them being over priced. I buy them at discounts like this, I mean it's $16 for a $50 retail cable. why not buy it? it's like buying a $2 cable that just works. With these you get the cable with extra insulation, Gold color connectors, super tight connection, a nice looking jacket around the internal wire(s), they look good and hey you can even tear em' apart if you want to lol. anyway, I've stuck with Monster just because it's a good looking and good cable and you can get them cheap. I'll never pay full retail for any of them nor will I ever come close to it, that's pointless when you can get them at a price like this. I've personally never had any problems with them, but they are very tight connecting.
on March 26, 2013
For the price these are great, especial the quality that went into making these. However like others have stated, the fit / installing them has to be done carefully. They are basically are intended to be installed then never touched again. They do their job well, but I was and am a little nervous if I ever have to pull them off the receiver or sub. They fit so tight that I was thinking that I was about to break off the inputs on both devices. I caution you to go slow and have a good grip as not to break anything. Recommend but with caution.
on May 28, 2008
I'm an old school musician. Good ears. Good cables have always been a must: Always just for durability and insulation. But the new high tech very expensive types that enhance bass or treble? This is a newer concept. I compared video cables on my DVD player: Component. Both Monster. One 30 dollars the other 120$. There was enough of a difference to gulp and buy the 120$ one. Because of this difference I tried with audio. These audio cables do make a difference if you have the equipment that "hears" the response. If you have expensive equipment it makes no sense to get cheap cables. Like putting low octane fuel in a Ferrari. If you don't care or the equipment is general quality then any Monster will cover you for insulation. It always makes sense to get better cables that come with the equipment. These cables are the lowest of the high-end types that enhance the quality of the sound in specific ways. Good enough for me. They sound great. Crisp and rich. Gives me a bit more volume also. And just to note: These cables have an arrow on them which tells you which way the sound needs to travel. The arrow points toward the player from the source.
44 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2012
i know to most people who dont do heavy research on audio like i do think all cables are the same but there is a major difference in cables you can usually notice it on a good reciever or audio setup and what makes the sonic difference is the shielding protects from the radio frequencies that can easily be amplified into your signal with a cheap cable and the twisted pair rejects electromagnetic interference that most cheap cables DO NOT protect against and the dielectrics are also extremely important the signal can reflect of the shield and back into the cable at certain frequencies that greatly effects quality and the capacitance makes a cable like a crossover where a cable can bring up certain frequencies more with a high end cable like this it is designed to be a flat signal meaning no frequencies are brought up or down this means that you dont have any change in the signal between your source device and sound system distortion is what tells a good sound system from tv speakers and distrotion can occur in the cable so that means it can lower the performance of the system if you have poor cable so to simplify it cable is very important to a good sound system i would say the best bang for your buck is that you pay around 10-15% what you spent on your setup on good cabling it really does make a differece but if you are just using your tv speakers then dont bother.
on December 30, 2011
most important stuff first. The turbine cut ground connectors are too small to fit pretty much any standard RCA jack without risking damage. I knew this going in. One should very carefully, gently, and with as little movement as possible bend out all 8 turbine prongs. Too much and it will not contact the outside of the RCA jack or break. Any movement outwards will resolve the death grip.

Nylon braid shroud eliminates difficulties in removing strands when unplugged from source and end point, no matter how many wires and type in your system these are snaked around they will simply slide on through and out.

I600-4 ultra 600 cables have excellent noise rejection and at this length sound as good as anything from Kimber Kables to Blue Jeans to coat hangers tested. Better durability than the cheap (relatively speaking and within Kimber's line) Kimber Kables and on two very different but all mine solid mid-fi rigs no appreciable difference in performance. I would never pay retail asking price for these cables (fry's @ $59.99 Xmas 2011) but at less than $12.00 a strand pair shipped they should be your reference cable, too.
on October 26, 2011
Monster has been pushing out incredibly overprices cables for years. Most people have gotten hip to the fact that for the 80 or 90 bucks Monster charges seriously good cables can be had. The end result is that stuff like this is now out there for 14 bucks. At 15 bucks these cables are serviceible and a fair deal.
Odd thing is I have never seen plugs, especially RCA plugs made to fit so tightly! It is close to ridiculous. I guess Monster figured that audiophiles would appreciates trying to put a size 9 foot into a size 5 shoe. There's are tight and a pain to change. But they work and are a decent cable for 14 bucks and very stupid for more than that.
on October 4, 2011
I purchased these with the intentions to use them for sending lossless audio files through my Native Instruments Audio 10 DJ sound card into my Allen & Heath Xone:92 mixer.

All I can say is WOW!

Sound quality is superior to none. Construction and build quality is what you expect out of a brand like Monster. Connectors are a little tight. But then again, who's going to be continuously reconnecting audio cables for their professional audio devices?

These should be your only replacement to your common red and white RCA cables.
on October 14, 2010
These cables are very well constructed. The have gold plated connecters and have nice packaging and a good feel to them. By the way, they are not connected to each other. They are single wires with an arrow indicating the direction of the connection "flow". I was very impressed with the solid construction and feel to these until I had to install them. I bought 3 pairs to connect AppleTVs to amplifiers (distributed audio system). I tried to connect one to a graphic equalizer. I had to push so hard that I broke the connector to the EQ. I had to throw away the EQ because of the damage. The connector also does not fit the opening on the AppleTV. Wow. This is supposed to be a "high-end" cable. It might be, but it doesn't connect to anything I have. I bought 3 pair of them and can't use them for anything. Good quality cable that doesn't fit a standard size RCA connection post. This is a very poor design and 1 star rating in my opinion. This is my first product review and I found it necessary to warn other people that are considering purchasing this product. I value the Amazon feedback so I felt obligated to contribute. I would recommend that you avoid this product and go for the cheaper RCA cable.
on February 6, 2012
Most Monster products have taken a beating as not being worth the prices they charge. But nobody complains about their quality - just their prices. So when I see something of theirs I can use for my stereo system and it's competitively priced, I know I'm getting a great product, so I jump on it. This one has my footprints on it.