5.0 out of 5 stars Great for connecting ipod in car to auxiliary port
I just bought a new Subaru with an auxiliary port, so I wanted to get a cable. This works perfectly and the Ipod sounds great on the stereo! The length of the cord is perfect - my port is in my console between the front seats, so I store it right there.
Published on February 28, 2010 by M. DeMeo

1.0 out of 5 stars Malfunctioning Just Like Cheaper Cords
These cords that connect your iPod to the 1/8" jack common in many cars today are proving to be notoriously faulty. I'm not particularly hard of anything, these cords included, and they stay continuously plugged in to my car's jack. So it isn't as if it's constantly being plugged in and unplugged.

After going through several cheap cords, I decided to purchase...
Published on June 1, 2011 by J. Francis

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for connecting ipod in car to auxiliary port, February 28, 2010
M. DeMeo "pdemeo" (Bloomingdale, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monster iCable 800 MP3 Player to Auxiliary Input Cord (3 Feet) (Electronics)

1.0 out of 5 stars Malfunctioning Just Like Cheaper Cords, June 1, 2011

After going through several cheap cords, I decided to purchase the Monster version for nearly four times the price of the cheap ones thinking it would hold up better. However, after a few months of use it has developed the exact same issue as the cheap cords. It begins cutting out one channel of the audio, leaving you with sound coming out of either right or left side of the car only. The cords will limp along for a few weeks with some jiggling, but eventually permanently fail to carry audio to both channels. Currently I'm searching for my receipt so I can request a replacement directly from Monster.

5.0 out of 5 stars iCable 800, March 10, 2010
I originally tried the "Griffin" Aux cable that sells for $15 at AT&T retail locations and was not satisfied so I figured I'd try these given the low price on Amazon.

There is a night and day difference in quality. This is the best quality that I've found in terms of not having a factory installed iPhone/iPod adapter.

There isn't too much else to say. Definitely a solid purchase after being skeptical from the previous cable I tried.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cord didn't even last a year..., April 25, 2011
Terra M. Johnson (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The cord worked great for about 5 months, now it cuts out constantly. I have to wiggle the cord around and squeeze here and there and move it around to get it to work. It's got a short in it somewhere. I take very good care of everything I own. It stayed in my car at all times. When it wasn't in use I stowed it away in a small compartment in my car. Never stepped on or damaged by me personally, just didn't last. Big dissapointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical monster product, December 10, 2009
I like to hook up my iPod to whatever vehicle I'm driving when I'm at work, and twice I tried the more convenient retractable MP3 audio input cable, I think the brand might have been Belkin or Realtec or one of the big brands that make iPod accessorys. However, both times the hardware falls short- within weeks of use, it was necessary to twist the cable around because it was losing contact, and within months it just quit.
This Monster cable is solid and well built. I don't forsee any of the same problems that I had with the more cheaply-made retractable cables. Monster makes quality products that are built to last- I still use Monster cables from my first surround sound system at home that I purchased in 2000.

2.0 out of 5 stars You can get just as good, so shop around; only buy Monster if it's a GOOD PRICE, February 19, 2010
D.B. Spalding (Korova Multimedia) - See all my reviews
3.5mm audio patch cables are quite common, easy to find, and most importantly -- cheaper. Shop around. Don't buy into Monster's marketing nonsense about their "highest quality" cables. If you must go with Monster, find the one with rough tough connectors, and find it cheap.

BUT ONE IMPORTANT NOTE....

Monster's Mr. Gibbins' claim that this is the "best possible sound" is inaccurate. The best sound quality you can get from an iPod specifically, is a DOCK CONNECTOR to 3.5mm cable, like this Cables To Go iPod-Compatible 3.5mm to Dock Connector Audio Cable. Cables like this utilize the un-amplified, pure LINE-OUT audio from the iPod and lets your stereo do the sound control and amplification. (Your model may vary, but iPods' Sound Check and EQ settings are in effect for line-out audio, so it's best to disable those when you play it on other than straight headphones.)

If you don't have a charger/audio combination, look for integrated solutions, like SendStation's SmartCharge w/PowerCord or similar (look for products which use the docking connector, and feature an "audio out" jack). In the case of these products, they may NOT come with the 3.5mm audio patch cable, in which ... consider a high quality audio patch cable like this. (If this sounds like a contradiction, remember that you're connecting cleaner sounding line-out audio that comes through the docking port, NOT through the Headphone jack.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed... fits my iPhone 4 case and sounds great!, November 27, 2010
I had two other cables that wouldn't quite fit into the hole in my iPhone 4 case. I searched and searched for a cable with a design that would work and one that wasn't 6 feet long. This was perfect. The connector is designed to work with a case and the length (3 feet) is perfect. I may have paid a little more for this one, but it is worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cable, just not with Beats by Dre., June 26, 2011
I bought these to use with my Beats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphones. I figured because it is made by the same company it would fit well. However it really doesn't. I paid extra just because of this and am very disappointed. I have relegated it as an auxiliary cable to use in my car. For that purpose it works great. No issues there.

2.0 out of 5 stars Crackle and Pop, July 13, 2010
Cable seems to be very durable and probably wont short out like some of the cheaper cables. However whenever the cable is moved there is popping, crackling and other distortion noises. Even small movements like whenever I make a turn or brake makes these popping noises. I might have just gotten a defective unit, who knows, but for $14 for a 3 ft. cable I expected much more. You can probably find a equally durable cable for cheaper and don't have so much distortion, it is only a 3.5mm aux cable after all; hard to justify the $14 price tag.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a quality product, November 11, 2011
C. Morrow (Birmingham, AL, USA) - See all my reviews
After 7 months of normal use, which consists of plugging the cable in to my iPhone twice a day during my commute, a short has developed and there is no sound produced in the right speakers. Also, the plug cover is loose and slides freely down the cord. Not worth the extra money for this "premium" cable.

Rate and Discover Movies