5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Construction, Smooth Shifting, Excellent Handling
Paratrooper Pro
Published on July 3, 2012 by Will Davidson

1.0 out of 5 stars took a while
rode it literally for 8 minutes and managed to burst both tires.......so i waited for it and waited for it..and it finally comes and this "paratrooper pro" that is used to jump out of planes into battle riding off a slight curb onto the beach"sand" wtf. not too happy about the g note I dropped on a bike that im currently looking at it as oppossed to riding it. if you do...
Published on July 10, 2012 by RICH

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Construction, Smooth Shifting, Excellent Handling, July 3, 2012
Paratrooper Pro
This is a neat package, i.e. a full size folding mountain bike, with good components and is not excessively heavy. In contrast to other bikes I've bought over the years, this one had clearly been assembled and finely tuned before disassembly for shipping. Additionally the packing was exceptionally sturdy and the bike arrived in perfect condition. "Out of the box", the ride, shifting and suspension were excellent with the bike giving one the feel that it could handle hardest climbs on roughest terrains. Folding is a snap, remove the front wheel, disengage the locking pin and fold.
wd

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Kit, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Montague 20-Inch Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike, Matte Black
This bike is awesome, best of both worlds. Think of it as a mountain bike that happens to fold rather than a folding bike in the traditional sense. Not sue why the last guy had problems as mine did 500 miles of rough terrain before I had my first puncture, and that was caused by a nail. The tyres do come uninflated out the box though, so it's worth pumping them up before you take it out to the beach, or better yet to a mountain. The clue is in the name.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Folding bike, built like a tank!, July 31, 2014
This review is from: Montague 20-Inch Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike, Matte Black
Great bike, completely sturdy and ready for whatever you throw at it!
I have had this bike for 3 months now and I have yet to have an issue. I purchased this version because I needed the compact size of a folding bike with a strong sturdy frame because I am a bit bigger than the average biker. (6'2 & 230lbs) The best thing about the Montague bikes is that they do not break the middle brace of the bike like many other folding models. The bike has been completely sturdy on every ride over each bump and rock.

I know many other people get the bike and make upgrades to it. All I did was purchase the kickstand, and replace the seat with a wider one for my bug butt. The whole thing is good as is out of the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and Portable, July 19, 2013
This review is from: Montague 20-Inch Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike, Matte Black
I like to travel, and I like to ride trails. This is the perfect bike for this. Components are solid, the ride is beautiful, and the bike folds to be about the size of a folded up wheel chair. If you are taller consider the 4" extension for the handlebars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best folder for the price, June 29, 2013
This review is from: Montague 20-Inch Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike, Matte Black
Ordered the 2013 Paratrooper Pro from a company that uses Montague drop shipping (box was shipped from Seattle, and arrived quick to Los Angeles -- just a couple days). This years model has a few different components than the previous: the tires that came on the bike weren't Kenda, instead they were knobby CST Critter, instead of Promax brakes, it had Tektro Novela, etc etc. Keep this in mind if you bike looks different than the ones pictured on Amazon. The components in general aren't top of the line; you're paying a premium for the cool matte black folding frame. Some items I planned on switching out anyways (like the terribly uncomfortable saddle) so I'm fine with the quality of everything. Bike was packaged nicely and nothing broke or arrived bent. You might need to make a few adjustments before riding though (my front derailleur needed a little adjusting out of the box and the tires came half inflated).

Overall its a sweet bike, and its great that I can fit it easily in my car without a rack, and store it in a small corner of my home. Its only been a few days but I've received numerous complements and a couple people asking what exactly it was (not a common design at all) -- I dig that it stands out among the typical hardtail mtn bikes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, August 12, 2013
This review is from: Montague 20-Inch Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike, Matte Black
Fits right in the trunk of my convertible 330 ci BMW. Handles typical hard tail mountain biking trails like a charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Airline checkinable full-sized folding bike that rides nice, October 24, 2014
Gadget Lon "Lon Garwood" (NY, Caracol, and Seoul) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Montague 20-Inch Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike, Matte Black
Transported it in the optional bag and had no problems with airline counter checkin internationally and into Haiti. Fit into a taxi trunk easily. Love the ride it gives and that though foldable, its solidly built, and not a compromise. There may be lighter bikes out there with frames made in special alloys that cost much more but this bike offers great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, January 16, 2014
This review is from: Montague 20-Inch Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike, Matte Black
My motivation for buying this bike was a bit different to most in that I wanted the frame.
I travel a lot for work and like to take my bike with me be it in a car or on a plane. Anyone who has taken a conventional bike on a plane will know it is a king hit pain. I had seen a Montague while in America so tried to buy one here in New Zealand with no success so got my friendly local bike frame builder to make a folding frame ( at huge cost ) based loosely on the Montague filding mechanism But it was too heavy and the eventual bike rode like a dog.
I bit the bullet and got a Paratrooper pro thinking this would answer all my woes, but it didnt, the set up was all wrong for me no matter what I did.
So I picked up that already bitten bullet and gave another chomp then married the gear that my frame builder had attached to the ( now scrap metal ) frame: Main thing was the Shimano Alfine hub and gearing, pretty much everything else stock on the Montague was replaced.
Yes I gave up justifying the cost but the resulting bike is fantastic, it needed a few more tweaks, like a longer handlebar stem and new saddle.
This bike has more than proved itself having done hundreds of miles of knarly tracks. Survived the airline systems in 4 countries, Pack it well is my advice
I think with this bike it is the frame you are buying the stock gear is, even in the Pro version, fairly basic it will do the job but anyone who has an interest in Mountain biking will soon realise the limitaions of the stock set up.

Would I buy another one ? , yes I would and do exactly what I did ( bypassing a few of the earlier steps)

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, foldable bike, good for those who travel, April 27, 2013
This review is from: Montague 20-Inch Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike, Matte Black
I've had the 'pro' for at least 6 months now and have little to complain about. The upgrade from the regular paratrooper includes a few fairly minor upgrades such as with the forks and gear components, but otherwise basic design is the same. For me, I'd like to change out the pedals, because of the larger size and hard to maintain contact during some runs. Maybe at some point could change the forks to a lighter, greater travel set. The bike is a bit on the heavy, clunky side. Also like to change the smooth grips, but otherwise its good for my purposes. I did have punctures on the first 2 rides out, but attribute that to me underinflating the tires, and haven't had the problem since. I do think tune ups on a more regular basis make sense because the folding process does seem to cause some disruption in cables etc. I basically need a foldable bike to take with me out on the road for occasional trail rides as well as some pavement use. I didn't expect a super lightweight advanced trail bike to compete in some race, so I cannot say my expectations were dashed! Overall, IMO a good bike for the main purpose of compactness and durability.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some components not quality, September 29, 2014
This review is from: Montague 20-Inch Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike, Matte Black
Stock pedals click after second ride so I replaced them. Other than that this is an excellent bike.