3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
on May 28, 2011
This guitar is very well made, beautiful gloss finish. I am surprised there are no reviews for this guitar yet. We took a chance and didn't regret it. Actually my son's teacher was very impressed. My son is 7.5 y.o. and the guitar fits him well. So far totally satisfied. It doesn't look cheap. Very beautiful mellow sound, soft on little fingers.
on September 21, 2015
15 year old here-
I got this guitar when I was 12 (if I remember correctly), and it still fits me fairly well, though I would most likely get a full-sized guitar if I bought one now. I actually got this second-hand from a local music shop, and it was like new since the previous owner's daughter hadn't really gotten into playing it. In the few years I've had it, this guitar has served me well and I've learned a lot so far. The only issue I've had with it is one of the tuning peg "handles" (the D string to be exact) actually split completely and fell off. However, I'm pretty sure this is due to my dad restringing the D backwards, which put a lot more pressure on the peg to keep it in tune. :)
- Nylon strings fairly easy on a beginner's fingers, unless you're playing for an extended amount of time
- Tuning pegs hold tune well, though I don't have any previous experience with other guitars
- I find that the little gap between the nut and the tuning pegs is a pretty good place to hold a pick if the guitar's sitting upright
- Fretboard comfortable and easy to slide for power chords
- Wood quality is really great. Been playing a lot and have not scratches, dings or anything
- Tuning pegs crack ever so slightly after a while (only about a month ago I had to replace them - see above)
- No position markers on the front-facing part of the fretboard, only on the top (looking down to the guitar)
- No pick guard, which isn't a big deal. I've never had the need for one
Overall, a very well-built guitar for beginners at an awesome price! Would totally recommend to anyone who was looking to start playing.
2 of 3 people found the following review helpful
on October 23, 2011
We ordered this for our 9 year old grandson. It is the perfect size for him. A beautiful instrument with a lovely sound. Really couldn't ask for a better starter instrument for a child. Great for the price.