Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Monte Carlo (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on October 24, 2011
I don't know about you..but as a mom to a 7 year old girl, I get tired of watching cartoons all the time. Sometimes, I just like to watch a movie with real actors. I saw this movie with my daughter and it was cute and fun! In fact, it sparked a great conversation about Paris and traveling. We made a plan to go there together after she graduates high school! I thought this was a clean movie (other than one of the characters using the word "ass") that was suitable for my daughter. The scenery was breathtaking and we enjoyed it very much!
on July 3, 2011
This was a really cute movie probably aimed at teens. It was not meant to be high art, so I'm rating it for delivering a good job for what it was intended to be: a cute and well written story about 3 nice and likeable Texas girls, mostly set in wonderful, romantic European settings, and just a lot of fun overall. All three actresses were quite good and this was a nice afternoon escape film. It was nice to see a teen film that was pretty positive and wholesome for a change, not too old for its intended audience. I saw this in a theater mostly full of mid to late teen girls, and they all seemed to be enjoying it a lot.
22 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2011
A young woman takes her dream vacation to Paris with her best friend and her step-sister. The trip doesn't go as planned, and then she is mistaken for a wealthy heiress. The three go on to connect with hunky guys and vacation in luxury. In the end, they may learn something about themselves. This is a harmless film that just about anyone can enjoy. It is predictable, and does not contain any great dramatic moments, but it has an attractive young cast and the movie's target audience of teenage girls will find it entertaining. I would recommend this one if you are in the mood for some lighthearted entertainment.
on May 3, 2012
First of all: I don't have a daughter, but 2 sons (4 and 10). While the younger one never saw this movie, our older one loves it. Secondly: I'm a hopeless romantic, loving to watch movies like this with my wife! If any of this disqualifies me in your opinion to write a review on this movie: Don't bother reading any further :)

For those of you who are still here: This is a GREAT movie for the whole family to enjoy. It's about facing challenges in a creative way, stepping over one's shadow, connecting with seemingly lost feelings and loosening up. All in all it is a very balanced movie with NO language or sensual scenes, both rare in teen movies nowadays. It reminded me of the "good-old" Audrey Hepburn movies from the 40's and 50's, where movies still had a (positive) message, and the characters didn't end up together after having a few drinks or just got bitten by a vampire!

What I liked the most was the way the movie shows the development of the 3 girls while stranded in Europe, and how each one of them had to face one of her inner giants.

Yes, the movie obviously borrows from other movies, incl. "Princess Diaries" and "Ice Princess". But it does it in a very witty way that makes it stick out from the copy-cat crowd. It's whole storyline actually makes sense, and one doesn't have to check his/her brain out at the counter. And did I mention that it has great happy-endings?

For all of you who were sitting on the fence: Do yourself and your boys/daughters a favor and get it! This movie can/will open room for conversations with your teens. Dads: This is NOT your typical Chick-Flick! It deals with real issues real people have, but keeps it on the lighter side.

Lastly: Get it on Blu-ray! The scenes in/around Paris and Monte Carlo and inside the expensive Hotels are worth it!
on July 26, 2011
Grace (Selena Gomez), a small town Texas girl has been saving up for 4 years through High School to go to Paris. She is excited about going with her friend Emma (Katie Cassidy) who seems to be a bit of a floozy- shoes she says, "If they ain't hurtin' they ain't helpin'. However Dad wants her to take along her step sister Meg (Leighton Meester)who is not exactly welcomed as she looks too much like Kristen Stewart with the blood drained out of her and acts about the same.

The three are in Paris having a miserable time because their tour is inanely rushing them. It isn't long before they become separated.

Grace is mistaken for Cordelia Winthrop Scott, British heiress and the 3 Cinderellas end up in Monte Carlo, dressed up and going to a ball. At this point the plot is pretty well established. The acting was less than expected, as was the script. Comedy is very light. This is perhaps a young teen female movie. Originally Nicole Kidman and Julia Roberts were supposed to star in this film, but the producers wanted a younger cast...guess how that worked out?

No bad language, so sex, no nudity. Drop the girls off and go.
on September 1, 2011
this is the best movie that Selena Gomez has been in yet. Playing two parts and doing it very well she can only move foward and do better from here on out good job Selena
on October 11, 2011
I went to see this movie for one reason only: Selena Gomez starred in it! She is a very talented young actress and she plays the double role fantastic! It is a very cute story and fun for girls of all ages! I am buying this movie, and watching it over and over again!
on August 3, 2015
I adore this silly movie. It's a total Disney-fied chicky flicky, and it makes my heart feel happy. Even though the little French boy love interest of Selena's is prettier than all the girls combined, and that is saying something indeed, people. I also really liked the side story about Leighton Meester's character, which seemed completely plausible. This is the kind of movie you watch when your husband is out of town for the week...Monte Carlo, Princess Diaries, and maybe Enchanted, a big bowl of popcorn, a soda, and some chocolate covered raisins. Just fun.
on April 10, 2016
This was a cute movie, don't get me wrong, I just think my daughter enjoyed this movie more than I did. I get the plot of the movie is to leave the country and explore all that there is to offer, when they arrive. To me the movie tends to "Jump" around a lot, and it's not exactly the easiest thing to following along with. She is mistaken for someone else, so much so that even her "Staff" doesn't realize that she isn't who they think she is. However when they discover that they've made a mistake, the New Princess is the one they want to keep, while the other is still the major pain in the butt. The cast for this movie was great, they seems to work well with each other. Like I said this was a cute movie, but it just wasn't for me. I would recommend this for any teenager girl who enjoys a good fantasy or make believe. Everyone has a doppelganger out there some where, I do believe this. And sometimes wishes do come true!
on February 29, 2016
I only bought this because I have a close connection to the folks who own the boat that they have dinner on...so there's that disclaimer. But it's a decent little story with meaningful little life lessons and all that.