Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Month-By-Month Gardening in Tennessee and Kentucky
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 5, 2015
I am just getting started with gardening and this book has helped me with deciding what vegetables to grow and when to plant. I live in Tennessee and my family always had a garden when I was growing up, but all I did was help pick and string. I am really enjoying this book.
on May 4, 2004
I am enjoying using this book. Since I previously lived in another state with a different climate, I'm not always sure of the right time to do things in the yard -- plant tomoatoes, prune roses, pinch back perennials. This book puts that information at my fingertips. I also like the extensive general information about each type of plant -- from shrubs,trees and vegetables to bulbs and houseplants -- and what really matters with their care. I've learned a lot reading this guide and like the same author's Tennessee Gardener's Guide, too.
on September 25, 2005
This book lives up to its title. I have been gardening for years and learned quite a few new tricks. The book has editions for all parts of the country so buy the right book.

TennesseeGardener.....
on September 3, 2009
I purchased this book along with Best Garden Plants for Tennessee for my fiancee. She had moved to this area from California. Being from a completely different climate and having different soil conditions, she was trying to adjust to this area. This book is perfect for anyone moving from a different climate zone who want to garden here. The month-by-month format reminded me of "Crockett's Victory Garden" which is what started me gardening many years ago. Great book for newcomers who want a quick start to this area.
on March 16, 2014
Being new to the TN area, this has been an invaluable resource while prepping our first garden at the new house. I know I'll be revisiting the book throughout the growing season, checking what I should be doing each month! Very happy I bought this!
on April 14, 2004
Book seems confusing and busy because it is broken down into too many sections. The book has 11 plant categories broken down into 12 monthly sections which total 132 sections. I would prefer to just identify the month and find all the plant categories covered in that month's section. The book requires too much flipping back and forth. It would also be great to have a section on disease detection and control for each month of the year.
on October 20, 2011
Wonderful book tells all the plants for the area, their uses and habitats. Nice binding, good quality. The book is broken down to groups of plants like bushes and flowers, and then goes to the months by your area. I kind of wish it was by month, and then told you what to do for each kind of plant, as that would be more directly helpful. However, given the information, it's easy to apply to my garden.
on June 13, 2008
I moved to KY a few years ago and wanted to garden for the first time in years. This book (and the companion one about what plants grow here) really helped. I am constantly flipping through it's mud-stained pages for reminders. I agree with another reviewer, though, that I wish it were organized by month instead of category (bulbs, annuals, etc.). However, if you only grow roses, say, the organization makes sense. I would recommend this book to any new gardener in KY or TN.
on May 29, 2008
I bought this book when we moved to TN 4 years ago. I think I've used every single section except for the vegetable section, which I plan to use for next summer when I finally set up a gardening area. The climate and soil in TN are unlike any other place that I've lived at in the US and this book is worth it's weight in gold for all the wonderful advice! We now have one of the nicest yards in our neighborhood thanks to this book and our hard work!
on February 18, 2006
Excellent advice for all times of the year, even in the winter months, when you might be wondering how to make yourself useful. There are chapters in all the areas involved: trees, shrubs, lawns, bulbs, etc. And of course it is specific to our area.