5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing nature at its best
Published on May 29, 2007 by K. Wallin

1.0 out of 5 stars Migraine Music - Disk Error?
Warning: After reading other reviews I gave it a shot.

However my experience was very poor. Rather than the "Echoes" the title announces, the cd gives 60 minutes of the intense midnight droning of a thousand insects, frogs, and birds using every frequency available to call for a mate.

My cd seemed to have a 'skipping' sound through the <10 minutes...
Published on January 15, 2008 by B. Mortison

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing nature at its best, May 29, 2007
K. Wallin (Akron, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
THis Cd is good for relaxing or sleeping. It is mostly quiet noises you would hear at night like crickets, some frogs and birds as dawn approaches. I am always asleep by this point so i never hear them, but my preschoolers and toddlers sleep well to this cd as well. It is peaceful and will create an escape if you live in the city. I also love that some proceeds from this cd goes to protect these endangered forests. HIghly recomended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Migraine Music - Disk Error?, January 15, 2008
Warning: After reading other reviews I gave it a shot.

My cd seemed to have a 'skipping' sound through the <10 minutes I listened so there would seem to be an error in the recording. Still I recommend to avoid this cd if not the entire series.

Alternatively, I recommend the 'Echoes of Nature: The Natural Sounds of the Wilderness [Box set]' as an excellent value. Also I have found CDs from the 'Sounds of the Earth' series to be of high quality, though of steeper price. Hope this helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars Single theme and single track, April 3, 2012
Each of the Ryko The Atmosphere Collection discs (Day Cape Cod, Week Hawaii, Month Brazilian) has a single theme which continues for the whole 60 minutes. After you have heard the first raindrop, splash, or wave, just remember there is a whole hour of the same to come with only very slight variations. You cant jump forward because there are no tracks or index points.

The signal to noise ratio, the sharp stereo imaging, and the full-range frequency response deliver very high quality recordings of authentic on-location sounds.

Rate and Discover Movies