Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Moog CC635 Variable Rate Coil Spring
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

71%
29%

on December 11, 2015
Moog CC635 Variable Rate Coil Spring My 2000 Camaro Z28 has been bottoming out since I bought it in 2000. It dragged a little when going over speed bumps etc. But when loaded on travel trips, it hits bottom whenever you hit a large bump in the road. I changed shocks a few years ago, didn't help it, so I figured it was the springs. It's been doing it since it had about 15,000 miles on it, so the factory springs must have been too weak to begin with. The car has about 68,000 on it now. It took me a couple hours to Jack the car up, take off the tires, unhook the shock, drop the rear end down and replace springs. I didn't unhook the sway bar, that may have made it a little easier, but really not a problem if you have a small hydraulic jack in addition to the floor jack. These Moog springs were about 3 coils higher than the factory springs and the car sits about 2 inches higher now. It rides better, and doesn't drag on the local speed bumps. If it bottoms out on the next trip I will revise this review..
on May 19, 2016
I absolutely love these Coil Springs! I installed these on my 91' Camaro RS to fix my issue with the rear quarter well from hitting my larger tires on the rear of the car. The originals had been getting week and I had to put helpers in on them but the ride was ruff. Problem was solved with the 'Moog CC635 Variable Rate Coil Spring' set. The height is about 2" taller than stock springs which was perfect. I used these with the 'Monroe OESpectrum Passenger Car Shock Absorber 5867' which turned out to be a perfect pairing. The car handles and rides better than new! I have taken several people for a ride in the car to show them the difference and they all said it rides great and seems like a new car. I am totally satisfied with the choice I made. The Variable seems to work well when I have passengers in the back seat also. If you own a 3rd Gen Camaro and are looking for a good handling and riding car these items I mentioned will be a huge step in the right direction. I no longer fear the bumpy roads and just enjoy driving now. Great product and JC Whitney did a great job getting them to me in a timely manner, in great shape and great price.
on November 22, 2015
Good replacement for my tired original 93 Z28 springs. Ride height changed a little, but overall ride quality is much improved from stock with the addition of LCA's, all poly bushings, KYB shocks, and end links. Night and Day difference.
on August 9, 2015
These progressive springs are great, my lowering springs were worn out and i was tired of scraping places so i went back to stock height. They soak up the bumps well and when you lean on them they hold up better than stockers do.
on April 18, 2015
They work great as a factory-spec replacement. They are tall and reasonably firm when installed. They showed up on time and as promised!
review image
on September 6, 2013
Comfortable ride and slightly higher than stock. Perfect for my sagging rear end on a 1996 Camaro. This permits wider tires, in the rear, whithout the worry of tire rub. Fully loaded, it still sits nicely.
on October 12, 2014
I have a 1997 camaro 3.8, the springs are just as strong as the stock one but my stance is a bit higher in the rear due to that extra coil spring which is one more than the stock but no complaints at all
on March 7, 2013
received the springs stuck together with paint dinged and scratched up. Got them unstuck and painted them with some black suspension paint. Put them on and everything's fine. Good product feel a difference, but really bad packaging.
on June 13, 2015
I was looking to replace the springs on my 1987 Chevy Iroc-Z. After researching and finding several different spring numbers I called moot industries directly and spoke to one of their reps. After installing the springs I couldn't be happier. It restored the cars original height and performance. You can't be Amazon prime prices are service. My only complaint is that they make it to easy and I wind up with a big bill at the end of the month. I think I'm a Amazon junkie.
on June 6, 2012
I purchased these for an upgrade for the rear of my z28 all I can is it was better than the stock but, I guess they were tired ride is better not rough at all.