Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

87%
13%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 20, 2011
My daughter LOVES this book. She is so fascinated by lifting all the flaps and finding out who's underneath.

I was nervous about getting it since the description says it's paper and not a board book, but it's nice heavy card stock. I still don't let her play with it unsupervised, since she would rip the flaps off if I let her, but it's hardy enough that she can lift the flaps over and over and not do any damage.
on May 6, 2012
We got this Lift-the-Flap book right before my son turned 1, and at 17 months, it's still among his favorites. The book starts with Moomin and Little My playing hide & seek. At each opening, he looks for Little My. Is Little My in the tent? No, it's Snufkin. Is Little My behind the flowers? No, it's Hemulen. Is Little My in the pond? No, it's Stinky! <much laughter>... all the way to Little My being found under Moominpappa's hat. It's a lovely book with bold colors and simple, clear illustrations, so it's suitable even for the youngest readers. The design of the flaps is clever, and they are easy to lift, turn, or open, even for pudgy toddler hands. The paper is shiny & sturdy, and after 6 months of use, not a single detail has gotten ripped out (unusual). This one is definitely worth adding to any 1-2 year-old's bookcase.
on August 23, 2012
My sister and I grew up with the Moomins, and I was delighted and surprised when she bought this for my 3 year old, who absolutely loves it. From a library of 100+ books she regularly selects it each night - so don't think of it as something just for the wee wee ones - older kids love it too. Hardly anyone my age (40) has even heard of the Moomins, what's with that? They're missing out!!
on April 11, 2014
For any of you Finlanders out there who just adore the Moomins and want to share them with your little ones, this is a great buy. It is not a board book but made of heavy/thick paper, and oh so cute. Little hands can open the flaps (with help from someone older and wiser to prevent tearing :) . Cute storyline with that mischievous Little My finding the perfect hiding spot.
on April 11, 2014
I bought this book for my godsons. My first contact with Moomins was a couple of year ago when I was visiting a friend in Finland. I find Moomin very inspired and a great example for the kids.
on August 23, 2013
I think it is great, but the construction will not withstand the abuse of a one-year-old. The flaps can easily be torn off the pages. We will have to put it away for at least another year.
on April 23, 2016
Charming, as expected. My son loves to read this book again and again and call out each character's name. We have had no troublee with the flaps, but my son is pretty gentle with books.
on April 24, 2015
Little ones love this, and so does grandma.Great introduction to the Moomins and their funny friends..I also recommend highly "Moomin Gets Lost"
on December 30, 2014
This is a wonderful children's book - it reminds me of "Where's Spot?", but with the characters in Moominland! A colorful and fun lift-the-flap book.
on December 19, 2013
I like the size of illustrations and the simple focus with simple illustrations. Solid flaps are easy to turn. Nice addition to the kids library.