Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on February 2, 2010
The Laird of the Sinclair clan, as well as the Alpha of his Chrechte wolf pack, Talorc has just been commissioned by his king to marry an Englishwoman. Talorc and his clan know first hand the treachery of the English. Talorc doesn't want to marry, but is unwilling to defy his king. Travelling to the border between England and Scotland, he comes face to face with his bride and while he doesn't trust this beautiful woman, he and his inner wolf desire her. And it is for this reason alone that Talorc weds Abigail. To find out that she is his true mate is something that he never expects, but knows not to question. Until he trusts her, however, Talorc vows to be on his guard with her - there is no way she can ever know what he is - his wolf, however, feels quite differently.

Abigail has her own secrets to hide. Deaf since a childhood illness when she was ten, she has learned to read lips and function without anyone knowing of her infirmity. Being told she is to be married is something that Abigail never expects, even if it is just her sadistic mother's way of getting rid of her. When she meets Talorc before their wedding, she sees in him something that her heart desires. Now if only she can just hide the fact that she can't hear, all will be well - or so she thinks. Abigail doesn't count on the mistrust she experiences when she tries to make a life for herself in her new home.

Talorc is a familiar character to me having read Moon Awakening, book one of this series. Originally ordered to marry Abigail's sister, Talorc still remembers being called a goat so he isn't ready for the acceptance and sheer magnitude of the attraction he feels for Abigail. She is everything angelic to him and so what if she has her own idiosyncrasies. Their desire for each other is instantaneous and the lovemaking between Talorc and Abigail is heady and potent. They burn up the sheets, quite nicely if I do say so myself. While he thought of Abigail as an enemy, I could see his feelings for her change with every scene until I was confident that he loved Abigail as much as she loved him.

Moon Craving is the sequel I have been waiting for with bated breath. It is exactly what I needed to read and the fact that it is an excellent novel makes me all the more excited to joyfully recommend such a passionate and wonderful book. Fans of Lucy Monroe will sign with romantic delight as the pages come alive. Don't miss it!

Talia
Reviewed for Joyfully Reviewed
on February 4, 2010
The new book in the "Children if the Moon" - series by Lucy Monroe is a great read and one of my favourite romances of the last months.

When Talorc, laird of the Sinclairs and leader of a powerful werewolf pack, is forced to marry English Abigail he is not interested in doing more than his duty. But soon after meeting innocent and strong-willed Abigail he realizes that she is the one woman whom he could love.
Abigail is also forced to marry and is afraid what the future holds for her. But she is fascinated by Talorc from the first moment and soon after their wedding Abigail couldn't be happier because she loves Talorc and her new home.
But both have secrets they don't want the other to know. Talorc that he is a werewolf and Abigail that she is deaf (she is great at lipreading so she can fool Talorc and his clan for some time). When first Abigail's secret and then Talorc's are exposed both have to overcome their distrust and disappointment to continue their relationship and have a chance for a happy end.

"Moon Craving" is one of the books that I couldn't lay out of my hands once I started reading it. The characters are great and the love story between Talorc and Abigail is truly wonderful and heartwarming.
Abigail is an amazing heroine. How she handles life although she is deaf is great and to read how she grows stronger and stronger throughout the book is wonderful. Talorc is just as great as Abigail. The way he cares for her even when he thinks that she has betrayed him is awesome. It's also very fascinating to read how Talorc and his wolf fall in love with Abigail.
There is a second love story in the book that is also beautiful and special. I'm not going to tell you who is involved in it, but let's just say that I was positivly suprised by the open-minded way Lucy Monroe wrote it (hint: same-sex couple).
I also enjoyed reading about the Sinclair clan, how they welcomed Abigail and especially how they admired her after they realized that she is deaf.
It was also very nice to meet Emily and Lachlan from "Moon Awakening" again.
Although there are paranormal (werewolves) elements in the book it's mainly a love story. So even if you are normally not a fan of these kinds of stories you should give "Moon Craving" a try.

So all in all "Moon Craving" is amazing and one of the best books by Lucy Monroe so far. I'm already excited for the next books by this great author.
on February 4, 2010
The Romans called them Picts, but the Chrechte realized they had to adapt or become extinct as the human race multiplied much more rapidly. They became Highlander clan leaders, but were betrayed by the Scottish king. Their survivors took control of Celtic clans but these shapeshifters hide their animal nature from the humans they lead.

Scottish King David arranges a new bride for clan leader Tulorc, who rejected the last English one, Emily Hamilton. Tulorc agrees, but insists the marriage occurs in Scotland. When Tulorc and his fiancée Abigail meet she hides her deafness from him. She assumes once he learns she is imperfect he will send her to her beloved sister Emily. They exchange vows Chrechte style, but Tulorc says they will make love when they reach clan land. When they make love, he hides his wolf from her while she conceals her deafness. They make love again and he is shocked as he hears Abigail shout his name in mindspeak; she hears him too. He knows she is his true mate but when he learns of her affliction, he angrily howls betrayal like his stepmother did while his fiercest supporters insist Abigail is a warrior hiding her weakness.

The historical werewolf spin that is the underlying premise of the Children of the Moon saga is cleverly designed so that the readers will believe in the Chrechte. The return of the lead characters from Moon Awakening in critical support roles is a welcome addition, but the tale belongs to a strong heroine who as Barr the warrior says compensates for her deafness like a great soldier should. Although the lack of a strong villain limits the tension to hiding secrets between the lead couple, fans will enjoy this fine medieval romantic fantasy.

Harriet Klausner
on August 6, 2015
I would have given this book 3.5 stars out of 5, but considering Amazon doesn't allow that. I rounded my rating up. I had high expectations, after seeing the reviews. I didn't purchase this book on Amazon as I was able to borrow this book online through OverDrive. But I felt compelled to write a review, since the reviews were the premise of why I actually read this book. Although, I have never read any of the other books of "A Children of Moon" series, I'm quite familiar with some of Lucy Monroe's books.

The book is about the relationship between Talorc who is the laird of the Sinclair clan and leader of his werewolf pack and Abigail who is a deaf English woman. They are both forced to marry each other for different reasons. Talorc marries her out of duty and Abigail marries him because her mom wants to get rid of her due to shame of her ailment. At first sight, they fall in love with one another. Talorc becomes smitten over her because of her innocence and strong will. Abigail shares the same feelings about him and she no longer intends to go along with her old "plan". She loves Talorc and her new home. This makes everything seem "happily ever after" worthy.

However, this is far from that. They both have secrets that they aren't willing to entrust each other with. Talorc is a werewolf and Abigail is deaf. Abigail has been deaf since she was ten due to a childhood illness. She learned to read lips and to get by in the world without anyone having knowledge of her infirmity.

Eventually, Abigail's secret gets exposed and Talorc goes through an ordeal of distrust and avoids her. The thing that kind of irked me was how he got so upset over it, when he was also hiding something for her. As well as that when Abigail told him and explained her reasoning for keeping it a secret, I didn't understand why he didn't tell her the truth too. For me, I felt like if Emily hadn't told her that he was a werewolf, Talorc wouldn't have bothered to tell her. I did like how he cared for her regardless of the betrayal. Eventually, Talorc and Emily resolve their issues and they confess their love for one another.

Oh, forgot to mention. Around the middle of the story or maybe even before then, the romance between two of Talroc guards take place. It seemed kind of out of place because it doesn't really add anything to the story. But I don't think readers should be absolve from reading the book because of it. It didn't really affect my opinion of the book and it doesn't overshadow anything important.

Anyways, I found the heroine awesome. I loved how strong she was and how she didn't let her lack of ability to hear interfere with it.
I did enjoy the book and found it to be a nice light read. The story was cute and my expectations were somewhat reached.
on March 1, 2014
I didn't like not knowing of the homosexual romance that was also in the book. Also, Abagail was too perfect in her deafness. She understood everything being said. The villain situation was taken care of in a short paragraph in the epilogue. The book fell flat at the ending.
on December 28, 2011
Moon Craving was a surprisingly fun read! It combined the Highlandesqe material of Julie Garwood's novels with the edgier supernatural genre. I wasn't the least bit fazed by the side romance going on between two guys either. I read one review where the person felt that was reason enough to consider it a horrible book. Pfft. Idiot. The book wasn't as long as I would like (are they ever?) but it was nice. Definitely will be buying the others in the series.
on June 8, 2012
I have shied away from books set in this era. I got this book as a gift and read it. I was surprised at the attention to detail that Ms. Monroe used. It added to the story and made it a great read. Her handling of Abigail's deafness was remarkable. I will be looking for more of the Children of the Moon books. I liked the fact that her werewolves were believable. A "happy ever after" ending didn't hurt either. I think that readers of paranormal books will like this book.
VINE VOICEon February 9, 2010
Abigail, even with her inability to hear, is a very strong heroine. I believe this is due to her big sister Emily as well as her experiences with her step-mom. The way she adapted to her deafness helped her in dealing with Talorc's clan. Talorc never believed he would have a mate, let alone an English woman and a human. His attraction to Abigail is immediate upon meeting her but he has never experienced these feelings before so he doesn't know how to handle them. Talorc's moral character is very evident in what he does and what he says. I loved how the relationship progressed and how Abigail's guilelessness earned her the respect of Talorc's seasoned warriors and other friends. This story plays on all your emotions, from the witty and fun dialogue to the heart-stopping romance. The sex scenes were very satisfying with tenderness, sensuality, and an emotional connection between Abigail and Talorc. I loved how the book ended and will look forward to reading more about the Chrechte. Moon Craving is an outstanding paranormal romance with intriguing characters, an enthralling plot, and witty dialogue. - Lisa Freeman
on June 20, 2010
loved the first book, anxiously awaited the next book. It started well but the gay mating in the last chapters put me off.
on March 19, 2014
I've had this book for years as a paperback. But want the e-book version. I've read a couple times a year since I bought it. I love it. It's not the same old, same old. Mix of historical times, Scotland, and werewolves. You don't find that mix often. Hope you love it too. Lucy Monroe is a great author.