Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: HardcoverChange

on November 27, 2000
Moon Man is a great book! It was my "favorite" book as a child. I discovered this book in my elementary library. I must have checked it out consecutively for two years. I filled many library check out cards.
I love this book because you really feel sorry for the Moon Man. He desperately wants to join us "earth people" but is not welcomed. He is constantly being chased for capture. Just a good vintage book with a great storyline!
Several years ago the school library was getting rid of the old books and my sister (a teacher there) brought this exact Moon Man book and gave it to me. In fact, till this day I still cherish this book and now share it with my two little daughters who also enjoy listening to me read it.
11 comment10 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2009
Moon Man is a children's picturebook about the adventure of the Man in the Moon, who years to know what it's like to dance. He catches a comet to Earth, but human beings fear and distrust him - a mean-spirited general even sends him to prison! He escapes, finally gets to dance, and takes a spacecraft back to the moon knowing that he can never live peacefully on Earth. A simple, whimsical story brought to life with expressive color illustrations, especially suitable for bedtime reading.
on December 16, 2001
Thank God I bought this book before it went out of print. This was without a doubt one of my favorite books as a child. Never since has a book's illustrations so deftly captured the feel and character of the story. It is a book every child should experience and every adult should appreciate.
on October 16, 2014
I am a preschool teacher and therapist and my kids, age 2 and a half through five, all love this book. I think they find the story and illustrations mysterious and appealling.
on November 5, 2013
This is a magical book, both for children and grown ups. Awesome drawings by Ungerer and a very cool story.
on June 5, 2015
I was a little disappointed in the book; it just didn't have the cleverness of some children's books I have read. After reading a review of this author. I purchased it as a birthday gift for my granddaughter who was turning 3. I was not familiar with his books prior to this. I actually tried to purchase it in a local bookstore, but they had no copies of any books by this author. I suppose that should have told me something right then and there. But, I took the plunge and ordered two different books by this author. I probably will not purchase any more by him - his writing style just doesn't match my taste in children's books.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2014
A collection of Tomi Ungerer for my grandchildren, they love his off beat stories
on September 21, 2015
this book is special. It is a bit sad but kids might not realize that. It is nonetheless a memorable story that stays with you. The colors and the drawings are like nothing you've seen before. The words are perfect. and it rings true.
I wish there could have been a happy ending though...but it's good this way.
on December 10, 2012
Ungerer introduces kids to haters and fascists who victimize I kind and gentle man who wants to be free and loving. But this little man has a power that he can use too be free- he can disappear into nithingness and reappear whole again! Oh, how I wish I could do that!
on October 8, 2013
Another Tomi Ungerer delight! Our whole family 2 - 72 became enchanted with the Moon Man and his sad experience on earth. Our two year old spotted the moon man in the sky many afternoons and early evenings. We still talk about him months later