5.0 out of 5 stars Comparing Moon Sand to Sånd
Moon Sand and Sånd are very similar products and both are really fun. Different people will connect one more than the other, though, so I thought I'd give a list of features of both so you can make an informed decision.

1. Price: Moon Sand is currently about $19 for 5 pounds. Sånd is $19 for 2 pounds.

2. Colors: Moon Sand comes in several colors,...
Published 4 months ago by Claire Jordan

3.0 out of 5 stars Moon Sand is NOT Kinetic sand
I was searching for kinetic sand and moon sand came up instead. It sounded like the same thing in the description but it's not even close. It's very messy and not as 'fluid' as kinetic sand.
Published 9 months ago by Monta C Mitchell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparing Moon Sand to Sånd, March 21, 2014
This review is from: Moon Sand, White, 5 Lb/80oz Box (Toy)

2. Colors: Moon Sand comes in several colors, but not Sand color (Lunar Yellow is close, but it's not really Sand color) Sånd only comes in Sand color and it looks like real sand.

3. Texture: They both have a great, sandy textural feel. Moon Sand clings tighter and can be packed into an almost hard shape. Packing it tightly into a mold will create a very solid shape that can be picked up and carried around or cut with a knife into pieces. This allows you to build with it almost like blocks.

Sånd can also be packed into a mold to create a shape, but when you try to pick it up it will deform in your hand. If a shape is molded on, say, a tabletop and left there it can be built upon like a sand castle, but you can't carry it around. When it's formed into a shape you can cut it into pieces.

4. Clean Up: Both products stick to themselves but not to other things, so clean up is super-easy: you just take a piece and use it to "sop up" the stray pieces. You just touch the piece you are holding to the stray pieces and they instantly cling to it, in one or two passes you've gathered up all of the strays.

Bottom line: The are both extremely cool products that will provide endless hours of fun and fascination. Moon Sand is better if you are interested in a molding dough that has a sand-like quality. Sånd is better if you want an experience that is almost identical to playing with damp sand at the beach. You can build a sandcastle with either: with Moon Sand it will be taller and stronger. With Sånd it will be more like a real sand castle.

I would say, for kids Moon Sand is probably a better choice because they can build more objects with it and it comes in colors. I do not have kids but I keep some Moon Sand around for when they are visiting.

The main reason I wanted sand is for adults. I have a big wooden tray on my countertop bar that is filled with Sånd and a handful of molds (everything from cookie cutters to shot glasses.) When people come over they inevitably ask about the Sånd and I encourage them to play with it. It always starts the same way: they just nudge it around a bit with their fingers, then after a while they start clumping it in their hands. After a drink or two they are molding shapes and cutting them into smaller pieces and by the end of the evening they are making sand castles and trying to see how high they can go. I've never met a person (even the most uptight people I know) who didn't eventually become completely transfixed by this stuff.

It's just fun! I highly recommend either one.

PS - It always makes my day to know that people find these reviews helpful. If you'd also like to ask a question or leave a comment I usually respond the same day, so if you have a question or comment (even if it's just to say, Hi!") feel free to post it below.

Thanks,
Claire

3.0 out of 5 stars Moon Sand is NOT Kinetic sand, October 9, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Moon Sand, July 15, 2013
This review is from: Moon Sand, White, 5 Lb/80oz Box (Toy)
One word of caution make sure you keep your moon sand put away when not in use. I had to buy more because my cat found it unattended... Lol! I had to buy more because my grandchild loves it soo much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, May 8, 2013
This review is from: Moon Sand, White, 5 Lb/80oz Box (Toy)
Great buy! I only paid $15.00 for a 5 Lb bag. It has lasted 2 years so far. We wash hands before and after playing. I keep it in a plastic box along with small toys, cups and shovel. We usually dig for "treasure". Not that messy if the play is supervised. Easy clean up with handi-vac.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, February 6, 2013
This review is from: Moon Sand, White, 5 Lb/80oz Box (Toy)
Of all the toys are Grandson has, moon sand has always been his favorite. Plays for hours with his motorcycles and moon sand.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING VALUE!, May 6, 2014
This review is from: Moon Sand, White, 5 Lb/80oz Box (Toy)
Genuine Moon Sand. It IS actually white. We already had some moon-gray colored sand, but it blends awesomely together. The price on this is unbeatable! Arrived timely and without incident. This measured out to be over a gallon-sized zip loc bag full of moonsand! THANK YOU for a great deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, June 22, 2013
This review is from: Moon Sand, White, 5 Lb/80oz Box (Toy)
kids loved it...i've got 5 kids ages 14 and down and they all have fun with it...no problems getting it through the mail

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT STUFF, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Moon Sand, White, 5 Lb/80oz Box (Toy)
This is the most entertaining product. I can't figure out why it was ever taken off the market. It has provided hours of play for my son.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for sensory integration, March 28, 2013
D. Satine (Miami,FL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon Sand, White, 5 Lb/80oz Box (Toy)
I use it with my ASD kid to help him to cope with his sensory issues, as part of his sensory diet program. It's one of a kind texture, so definitely needs to be there!. My kid loves it, and it's virtually no mess, because it doesn't stick to surfaces. I'll also recommend the moon dough for sensory purposes. Another great texture to play with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meets many different needs, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Moon Sand, White, 5 Lb/80oz Box (Toy)
I have a family childcare home and I have a sand table with just moon sand. The children love it. It's great for science, fine motor skills, social play, and just plain fun. It keeps for months. I cover the table and it keeps the elements out and it lasts until the children finally relocate the majority of it over the play yard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›