5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked Bitchin.
So many awesome challenges and enemies. There was hardly a dull moment in the book, which is probably why it felt short. There was none of the usual "We get captured by a mysteriously hospitable baron, lets see what happens"
If the companions aren't running, they're shooting, or both.
The Sub-plots are even especially awesome, although I wish they had...
Published 3 months ago by M.

3.0 out of 5 stars Moonfeast left us still hungry
Published on December 24, 2010 by Mace & Lacey Gannon

3.0 out of 5 stars Moonfeast left us still hungry, December 24, 2010
This review is from: Moonfeast (Deathlands) (Mass Market Paperback)
The latest Deathlands novel, written by Nick Polatta, started out quite nicely, reminding us of the older, original author's feeling of a more western frontier post-holocaust setting. The word choices for this nuclear damaged planet and its environs was spot-on, (which is saying something, since now there are over 90-plus DL books!), and we could not tell for a while just who wrote this particular novel.

The 1st half of the book comprised of somewhat fresh concepts was so well written, at first, we thought an all-new writer had joined Gold Eagle. But then the last half revealed who it was. Bioweps. Once we read that, along with some other type of writing styles were introduced, then we figured out who wrote this one. The first half of the book was enjoyable, thus we gave it a pretty hefty 3-star rating. Unfortunately, for us personally, the 2nd half didn't shine as much.

The good news is, as always we receive advance copies of both Deathlands and Outlanders, (even though we haven't been able to finish the last 4 Outlander novels), but just finished the upcoming January release of Deathlands Downrigger Drift - and it was excellent! Hardcore fans like ourselves, along with newbies, really oughta enjoy this one. Although we can usually tell which author pens what book, Downrigger Drift has us stumped. Whoever it was did their homework well. It pays major homage in several ways to the original author's first dozen books - and its accurate!

Although Moonfeast started out pretty well, it left us hungry for a better plot and characterization.

1.0 out of 5 stars By far from the best of Deathlands books..., December 29, 2010
This review is from: Moonfeast (Deathlands) (Mass Market Paperback)
Well what can I say? After spending so much time and effort to get a copy of this book I got one from Amazon.com (not Amazon.uk who don't appear to be stocking DL or OL any more).
Was it worth the trouble and wait to get hold of? In a word NO.
I am about 2/3 of the way through it and what has happened so far, ermm not a lot !!

SPOILER ALERT

EXCEPT Nick Potato has:
crammed it full of as many stupid "Bio-Weps" as he could
arm J.B with a sack of infinate pipe bombs.
use way too many pages on two pointless fights with the most stupid of creatures EVER (in my opinion)

I am going to force myself to finish this pile of -as NP likes to say, "Drek" in the hope that the groups main quest, to find a damn safety valve for a hundred year old engine, is fulfilled. This reason for the whole trek has to be the worst plot hook in history.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked Bitchin., April 7, 2014
This review is from: Moonfeast (Deathlands) (Mass Market Paperback)
If the companions aren't running, they're shooting, or both.
The Sub-plots are even especially awesome, although I wish they had developed those more.

5.0 out of 5 stars love Deathland books, June 4, 2013
This review is from: Moonfeast (Deathlands) (Mass Market Paperback)
My grandson just loves these books my daugther will be order a lot more books threw out the year.he already has over 100+ Deathland books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good answer,Good answer., January 4, 2011
This review is from: Moonfeast (Deathlands) (Mass Market Paperback)
I thought this story was very exciting.Once again Ryan and company make the Deathlands a safer place.They keep searching for a safe haven to build a sanctuary for the norms but the element of time is hard to beat and hope is fading fast.In the Deathlands, Hope is the only sanctuary! What I find most entertaining in these Deathlands books is the way the Author describes everything,for instance a person's movemont,a thought,a motive,action scences for example machine gun fire in to the trees creating a Emerald Blizzard how awesome is that?I am so simple to entertain sometimes I read the same paragragh over and over just to marvel at the way this guy writes. Instantly I visualize the image it is alive with color,action and feeling it is inspiring I want to write like this guy as you can tell by the 3rd sentence of this review. Now back to the story smoke raising from the barrels of two blasters means someone caught the last train to the coast ,that was the opening scene with Crate the Moon Feast.

Moonfeast (Deathlands)
Moonfeast (Deathlands) by James Axler (Mass Market Paperback - November 9, 2010)
Used & New from: $2.24