Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Moonlighter's Guide To Online Writing For Immediate Income
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro Fire TV Stick

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on September 29, 2011
What sold me on this book was the fact that it gathered about 90 companies that bought or marketed writers work into one listing. The content of the book itself is minimal and all of it can be learned in less than an hour of surfing the web for articles and blogs about writing online. Every time a website was mentioned (aside from the list of companies) there was a screen shot of the site. Unessacary fluff.

You could compile this list of companies yourself, but I was okay with spending a few bucks on it and saving myself some time.

Don't buy this for the content of the book. If you want to save time looking up companies to sell your work, it may be worth the money to you.
44 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2012
Everything in this book can be found for free on the internet. This book mostly just contains links to websites which you can find on the internet by just searching on Google.

Some of the companies listed aren't even hiring. Also, if you want feedback or tips on how to apply to the sites mentioned, don't expect to get it from this e-book; you'd be better off reading useful reviews or blogs on the internet -- you won't even have to spend anything.

The only small advantage here is that it lists usual sites, but it is by no means a complete list.
on September 3, 2013
Found some of the information out of date and some websites recommended won't use you not useful at all if you are serious about making money online
on October 7, 2012
The book is readable, however I consider it to be more an advertisement pushing freelance services , rather than an in depth text.
on April 12, 2013
The information I found was, to some extent, useful and interesting. I would like to have more referrences to writing websites. It seemed to me that the author was concentrating on Textbroker, with which I am very familiar, while ignoring the many other good writing sites out there. I was hoping to see more about those.
More important, however, if I am reading something from a fellow writer, I don't want to be jarred by construction errors like misplaced modifying phrases. Clean writing gives me more faith in the information presented. Kindle is an opportunity for all of us, but needs to be approached as we would any other publication: we must deliverour very best work, honed until it sparkles with clarity and interest, or its audience will disappear. I have taken few low cost or free books, and I am preparing to submit one of my own. That preparation includes critique by my very strong writer's group. About half of the book is in their hands now, and I will re-write accordingly, choosing which suggestions to follow, when all six other members return their corrected copies. A writer has no greater friend than a good, knowledgeable group who will critique honestly and lovingly. Mine has been together since I formed it Jan 3, 2001. If you can't join an existing one, form one. I did. Good luck to this author.