Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Moonrays 91249 Solar-Powered Black Plastic Post-Cap LED Lamp Light
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on October 19, 2009
I purchased 35 of these. I would probably do so again because at 30% of the cost of the other Solar post top options its a good deal and when you multiply that by 35 its makes a big difference. Pros are the cost and they do look good. Cons are that they are all plastic and in the first month 20% of them have failed. I plan to not screw them in tightly untill I know which ones are bad and keep returning them untill I get a set of 35 that work well. I havent tested the return process yet and that will determine my final rating (0 stars to 3.5 or so).
33 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2009
The product works very well as a marker light .It gives a nice soft glow for an LED . NOT USED FOR ILLUMINATION,but as a marker light only. Solar charger works well if in direct sun.
VINE VOICEon February 16, 2010
This is a nice little accent light but it is not very bright. If you just want a decorative light it is fine for that but don't expect it to light up the yard or walkways. The unit was very easy to install and pretty much takes care of itself...make sure it is in a sunny area to insure that it charges.
on November 28, 2009
Bought 2 Moonrays solar lights. The amount of light given out is as expected. However, one light worked for about 1 week and then just stopped working. Second light didn't work for 1 week and then just started working. I know these were cheap solar lights but they are extremely unreliable. I also notice rain penetrated one of the lights - so they can't be sealed too well.
on November 9, 2010
I bought 25 of these from Home Depot for the price of $4.88 each. The batteries do not last long and I will plan to replace the batteries come spring. Accent lighting only but look very nice at night. Save your money here and shop for these in the spring and summer from Home Depot
on November 13, 2009
We bought 18 of these for all the posts on our new deck. Their light is not as bright as I was hoping for, but may be better in the summer when they receive more light during the day. I am returning 2 of these -1 that did not work straight out of the box, and one that isn't waterproof and gets water in the lighting chamber and "fogs" up.

All in all, for the cost, I am really happy with them.
on October 21, 2009
I checked the reviews before buying and these live up to the great things said about them. They look great, are easy to install and do exactly what I hoped - they provide a pretty accent light to a nighttime garden. You wont be able to read by them (or even see in the garden), but you will get your money's worth!
on April 12, 2013
This was our first solar light purchase. Did not want to spend too much money so decided to give these a try. I really liked the look of them on our fence. They sure worked great at first, did not put out a lot of light but just enough for a little ambiance. I liked the color of the light too, more of a blue light which I like better that the white / yellow light.

After last summer (the second summer of having them) I noticed they were not lighting up anymore and really starting to look weathered. I guess that is what happens to plastic after being out in the sun for a couple of years. We were hoping to get another summer out of these but no go.

I think these are over-priced, if they were half the price, I would recommend them. I feel like we overpaid for what we got.
on June 4, 2012
you can buy these at home depot for $3.44 and they are very cheap, I bought 10 and 3 wont light. Cant believe they are selling the for 10$ and up , shop around
on April 20, 2013
Why did I wait so long to try this solution? The pathway along the side of my house, was pitch black at night and difficult to navigate.
Why I like them:
1. These 4 lights give off enough light for convenience and safety to make it from the front of driveway to back side patio door just perfectly.
2. Easy to mount, I mounted them on the 4x4 fence on the property line and my neighbor benefits from the 'free and easy' solar power as well.
3. The styling has a cool craftsman look so it ties in well with my garage lights.
4. The lights slipped onto the 4x4 post tight enough that it probably did not need the mounting screws but they were there so I used them anyway.
Since my cat likes to walk along the top of the fence line to tease the dog, using the screws are sure to keep her from inadvertently knocking the lights off the post.
5. With a great south-west sunlight exposure all day long I am sure to get the maximum ' free' solar charge, resulting in well lit pathlight, well into the wee morning hours. If they light it up to 1AM, we will be very happy.

Will update if I have any issues, but my wife has three other Moonray Solar Garden Lights that have been going strong for the past 2 or 3 years so I am sure these will be just fine.

See 1 answered question