Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Moontree Women's Cotton Spandex Jersey Legging
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$9.98 - $15.99+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on November 20, 2012
Finding the "right" leggings is almost as difficult as finding the right bra or swimsuit or pair of jeans! The price of my favorite leggings shot up to $29.95 since the last time I bought them, so this time I bought four different kinds to test. Herein, I shall review all five options. As a point of reference, I am 5'7" and weight 137 pounds. Black leggings are a staple in my wardrobe; I wear them all the time.

1. Athletica "City Lights" ***** (five stars)
Hands down, my favorites. Length, cut, and fit are all absolutely perfect. But as of this writing, the price is $29.95 for a pair. Leggings just shouldn't cost $30!

2. Moontree "Cotton Spandex Jersey Legging" ****
The length is good. The waist is in the right place. The cut is good. But something about these leggings makes me feel like "this is what wearing Spanx must feel like". They are snug, but not in a way that makes me feel like I'm wearing the wrong size. It feels like the snugness is part of the design, like in control-top pantyhose. (Remember those?) Only the snugness is in the entire pair of leggings, calf to waist. They look great, but frankly they are almost a relief to peel off at the end of the day. And leggings just shouldn't feel that way. To me, one of the huge advantages of leggings is their comfort; it's like wearing a second skin. Still at $12.99 the price is right and they do look good.

3. Anne Klein "Women's Cotton Leggings" ****
I expected less from these leggings because the waist band is nearly twice as wide as what I'm used to. It turned out not to bother me at all! The fit is perfect. Length and waist are great. But the leggings started pilling almost immediately! Usually, if I run my hands over my leggings, everything feels smooth. Within an hour of the first wearing (I washed them first), these leggings had pervasive pilling. Still, they look great, feel good, and they are only $15.

4. Doublju "Women's Stylish Casual Ankle Cotton Span Leggings" *
The name of these leggings makes me wonder if there's such a thing as formal leggings! The waist is low. No, thanks. I want my leggings to stay put. I returned this pair.

5. Spalding "Women's Ankle Legging" *
I returned this pair also. The waist band was about two inches wide (!), yet the elastic inside the waist band was only about one centimeter wide. Picture that! Anyway, because of the thin waistband which only looked seriously oversized, as I moved around the waistband pretty much went wherever it wanted. Thanks, but I like my leggings to stay put!

ADDITION 3/30/14: After writing the original review, I continued my never-ending quest for the perfect leggings. I now find that I can highly recommend American Apparel. As I write, they cost only $19.60 on Amazon; shipping is directly from American Apparel for $5 but free if you spend $50. Available in multiple colors and sizes, the fit is exactly PERFECT. I own 3 pair and I'm about to buy 5 more... I have also found that Victoria's Secret leggings for daily wear aren't half bad, although the waist is just a touch lower than I'd like, so I find myself tugging on them to keep them up! That said, the waist band is also looser than on other leggings, which is good for those days when you might find yourself carrying a few extra pounds and don't want to feel like your leggings are cutting off your circulation... :) I should also add that I was never again able to buy the right size in Anne Klein leggings. They literally sent me the wrong size repeatedly. I contacted the Anne Klein people. They told me they license out the product and have nothing to do with it. I waited a while, tried again, was sent the correct size, but even the L turned out to be very small. ... Also, Athletica City Lights leggings apparently no longer exist.
11 comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2011
I have had a hard time finding a decent pair of leggings. Usually they don't fit right or I don't like the way the material feels. These are perfect. I am 5'2" and was a little concerned when one reviewer said they were too long. I wear petites and these were fine. They did not look as though they were painted on and had a nice, relaxed fit. I especially liked the cotton material. They felt soft and natural. Whatever spandex they contained wasn't enough to change the feel. I plan to order two more in different colors. My only criticism is that they do not come in dark brown. I'm surprised as that is a classic color.
44 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2012
Nice fit, my bottom doesn't come out of it every time I squat down and stand again. some leggings ride too low in the back, these are fine.

Please though, rinse them and squeeze them out a few times in hot water before washing them--and then still wash with dark or like colors, this red bleeds the first wash otherwise. I did both and it saved me a lot of heartache. You should have seen the water turn red when I soaked them, it was crazy!
on February 3, 2013
Love the color (I ordered navy). They're soft and stretchy. Plenty of room in the torso (you can find some that are too short waisted, but not these). I've just ordered 2 more pair in different colors. Can't find anything but black in the stores so this is a great source for a variety in colors.
on November 27, 2012
The quality of these is great. They are soft and very comfy. They go a bit higher than the waist which for me works great as they provide a very smooth fit when using dressy style blouses. They also got here very fast!
on January 29, 2014
I like the hot pink "coral" color and I sized up. One size up, I liked how the bottom of the legs weren't skin tight, it's more flattering. They fit really nicely without much "stress stretch".

FIT: But the rise is low, way too low for me to be comfortable sleeping or doing yoga. Like plumbers b*** standing up low. Like if your bladder is full you don't want these on. I hoped if I sized up the rise would be OK, but it made no difference. The photos make it hard to tell so it should be in the description.

TAGS: There are 2 sewn-in tags: bulky brand tag says "imagenation", and another tag right in the crack with the size, fiber content (95% cotton and 5%spandex), and made in the U.S.
on September 4, 2013
These are great leggings... I would have ordered a small though if I had seen them in person (I ordered extra small). I'm usually an XS, and while they fit, they get really sheer around the butt. They're still great quality, and I wear them a lot. The color hasn't faded at all in at least 3 or 4 washes.
on February 24, 2013
Love these leggings they are my go to and I will be buying some more in different colors. The waist band fits up to the naval, but being 5'7" I was just happy that they were long enough. Excellent quality and they don't migrate during the day.
on August 30, 2012
I don't think I've ever been happier with a clothing purchase! Perfect fit, which is hard to achieve in leggings! I am 5'6" and 137# and bought these in Large. They fit great without being too tight, and these are the first leggings that actually are long enough to touch the top of my foot! I bought Chocolate, white and camel, love the colors and I will be buying more!!
on December 12, 2011
These are a wee bit on the tight side, and the waist band especially is a bit snug. They do, however, look adorable and are comfy regardless of tightness. Very pleased.

UPDATE: While these lasted me a several months they decided to rip one day... mind you I had LOST weight when they decided they wanted to rip, didn't gain it. These aren't mean to active movement (i.e. squats, sports, etc).

See 1 answered question