5.0 out of 5 stars Moon Walk - A must read autobiography

3.0 out of 5 stars Moonwalk-Michael Jackson
Published on July 1, 2009 by L. Marbly

5.0 out of 5 stars Moon Walk - A must read autobiography, July 8, 2008
This review is from: Moon Walk (Hardcover)
For all those people who choose to believe the crap that's written about Michael Jackson, I suggest you all take a look inside yourselves. This book Moonwalk is a a wonderful book giving Michael's point of view of his rise to fame, his family, and his relationships. This book was written in 1988, several years prior to the madness that surrounded him. I'm insulted that the people who are selling this book are actually selling it for 1 cent! That is ultimate disrespect for a person who has given us so much joy and great music for 40 years of his life. He deserves to be seen as a human being, not the freak that the media and the American public make him out to be! This other book that the so called critic is recommending "Be Careful Who You Love" is just another smear campaign. It's bad enough this man's life has been in shambles the past few years. But all the public wants to do is to continue to beat him into the ground until their's nothing left. Michael Jackson is simply a man who has tried all his life to help others. Now he's being crucified because of the lies of some very greedy people. Try reading all the facts before you continue to judge someone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Moonwalk-Michael Jackson, July 1, 2009
This review is from: Moon Walk (Hardcover)
I've had this book in my possession since 1988, I read it back then and I just read it again cover to cover in one sitting, it took me 5 hours and it was worth it. The book is a good read because it helps you to understand the mind of MJ and especially in light of his recent and tragic passing, the read was also sad and telling. He talks of his insecurities, the lack of closeness with his father, his embarrassing moments etc. What I gathered from this book was he was a highly sensitive and gentle nature. He will be truly missed. A must read for any die hard fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars What do we REALLY know about MJ? This book will tell you..., November 9, 2003
"thetruemoonwalker" (Highland Park, IL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon Walk (Hardcover)
Okay, we all may know what Michael Jackson is all about these days. We know that he dangled his youngest child over a balcony in Germany, he has totally altered his face since the earlier days,and yes, his skin is currently white, but wait! Stop there for just a second.
Go back to the year 1988. Michael Jackson is still capitalizing on the success of his first two major-label albums and has just released his third album, Bad. He is wondering what's next for him. He decides to write a tell-all autobiography, explaining his past, present, and future in music and the entertainment business. He also explains his love life, his ability to come up with extraordiary music, short films, and even dance moves, and also tries to clear up some of the nasty rumors that have since plagued his career.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is the single greatest autobiography I have ever read in my life! Not only does Michael express his feelings about music, children, and personal life, but he also displays true detail and emotion within every single sentence. If you are a die-hard Michael Jackson fan, you will really want this book!
No matter what anybody will ever say about him, Michael Jackson is, has been, and always will be the greatest musical artist in the history of this world!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST!!!, March 1, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Moon Walk (Hardcover)
If you're a Michael Jackson fan, you'll love this! First of all; it's written by Michael himself!!! He has told some golden memories, good and bad things that have happened to him. I found some new things I didn't have a clue before... he has written such a cute things, and there were so beautiful text that I just cried many times while reading!!! I kept thinking "Michael has said this to himself... these are his own words" :) So, I really recommend this book to anyone who is even a little bit interested in the King of Pop (by the way, it's NOT self-proclaimed KoP!!!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars MOONWALK is amazing, July 31, 2006
This review is from: Moon Walk (Hardcover)
omg michael jackson is a true legend. i was really suprised how the book turned out.. it made alot of sense. i loved it he is so talented n gorgeous. his other book dancing the dream is also good. I love the part in moonwalk in chpt 5 when he explains the surgeries he's had and how the public over does it ..he then states that its his face and he should know . i love that part its just a really good book n far from boring.. omg i read it in just one day.. actually i have one more chpt to go i started at about 7 last nite it is now 2:55 in the moring.. its soooo goood

5.0 out of 5 stars The Man in his own words The King Of Pop, February 4, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Moon Walk (Hardcover)
this book puts alot of things into Perspective.about his Music,Life,and outlook on many different topics.i was really hyped about this book back in 88.he is the King Of Pop.nobody can touch him.a true Genius&Legend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moonwalk by Michael Jackson, August 17, 2009
Dian Yamin (Townsville, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon Walk (Hardcover)
I have read this book a few times and will be.. many more times..!

This is Michael Jackson's autobiography describing his early days-1988 era (this book was first published in 1988). He mentions that he wanted to write this book as he tells stories. That is why when I read this book I feel like MJ was in front of me telling me his great chapters of his life (Chapter 1: Just kids with a dream, Chapter 2: The promised land, Chapter 3: Dancing Machine, Chapter 4: Me and Q, Chapter 5: The Moonwalk, Chapter 6: All you need is love). The whole writings, generally in my personal impression, are about his journey from each success he made from the early The Jacksons Five era, The Jacksons 5, back to The Jacksons to his own career (making Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad albums); including Victory Tour. How he tells the readers a great outcome comes from a great work is amazing. The great works are so great so that I can't tell with any amazing words here. For example, he tells the making of Thriller Album with massive works.

When he tells about his family life, he tells it by convincing the readers how normal and natural the family life is just like others.. like mine.. it's the dynamic of hate-love, hate-apology, sweetness-bitterness.. a painting of life. I love when I read how he describes his sister 'LaToya', it's just the way an ordinary brother telling about his sister.. so natural.. In most of my time reading his family life, I was.. smiling and laughing imagining I did the same things with my sisters and brothers.. while wondering why people think he hates his father.. Why people could ever judge this special person in any way when he really grasps what other special persons' wisdoms of life and become his favourite quotations (printed in the page about his favourite quotations):

'When I want to discover something, I begin by reading up everything that has been done along that line in the past -- that's what all the books in the library are for. I see what has been accomplished at great labor and expense in the past. I gather the data of many thousands more. The three essentials to achieve anything worthwile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-it-iveness; third, common sense' (Thomas Edison).

He reflected this quotation when Oprah Winfrey ask him in her Talkshow (10th February 1993) what he achieved at his 30th of age and he simply said "I am still learning.." Then.. why people could ever judge this special person in any way when he presents and acknowledges his mother in this book for having taught him so much about life and love, doing things by hearts, thanking God for his talent and.. giving back.

4.0 out of 5 stars The real Michael, December 4, 2006
This review is from: Moon Walk (Hardcover)
I was very amazed when I finished this book because it was very detailed. Michael Jackson explains everything about his life to the day when he found his dad's guitar and became interested in music to him releasing BAD. I personally loved this book because it was probobly going to be the closest I would ever get to the King of PoP. I recamend this book to every one out there who thinks Michael is a freak and who have nothing but bad things to say about him. YOU ARE ALL WRONG! In this book I found himself to be a very down to Earth and Caring guy.

5.0 out of 5 stars great memories!!, January 31, 2006
sunset*gal (tucson, arizona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon Walk (Hardcover)
i remember when this first came out, and it still remains a fave of mine. also, check out 'dancing the dream' (another book he wrote) and 'my family: the jacksons' by michael's mom, katherine. this book was #1 on the NYC bestseller's list and remained in the top ten for a very long time. once you read the book, you'll see why...this was before the court cases, the tom sneddon harrassments, the sherriff's and FBI raids, and the barrage of negative tabloid books, by former friends and colleagues. this was during the 'bad' album and during his world tour. all mj fans, ENJOY YOURSELF!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, May 19, 2002
"drtracey2" (Hoover, AL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon Walk (Hardcover)
Before reading this book I had never read a book in one day. I couldn't put it down. He talks about his childhood, his strict father, his love for children and nature, the success of Thriller, his relationships with Tatum O'Neal, Brooke Shields and Diana Ross. (He refers to Diana as his lover, sister and mother). I am a big MJ fan so I may be a little biased. If you want to know the truth about Michael Jackson read this book.

Moonwalk
Moonwalk by Michael Jackson (Hardcover - October 13, 2009)
$25.00 $19.88