Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

on December 5, 2000
Mr Moose is back with his amazing and unrivaled handlebar "moosetache" to help us get ready for the holidays. He wants Christmas to be "perfectly perfect" for his family and so he's armed with his checklist to make getting ready easy and simple. First he writes and addresses all his cards, check. Then he shops 'til he drops, check. Then he wraps and ribbons, bakes and cooks and even roasts the chestnuts, check check check. And on and on, decorating and singing and checking off his list. On the night before Christmas he hangs the stockings, just so and calls his family in to see that everything is "perfectly perfect". But his kids notice a BIG problem...he forgot the Christmas tree. Off Mr Moose goes in search of a tree, any tree, but he's out of luck. There just aren't any trees left. As he comes home empty handed, he has a very clever idea to solve his problem and before you know it Mr Moose and his moosetache are decorated and standing in the corner, waiting for Santa. Margie Palatini has written an imaginative, amusing story that will charm and delight youngsters from 3-7. Her rhyming text and Henry Cole's bold, colorful and very expressive illustrations will have your little ones giggling, as they enjoy watching Mr Moose get ready for Christmas. This is a picture book filled with holiday joy and cheer and a wonderful addition to your home library.
on March 2, 2015
This is a cute book for kids. The story is alright- it's not the cutest but I wouldn't say that it highlights the materialistic view of Christmas, but rather the more secular view (it's about the preparing for Christmas that most of us do rather than the spiritual viewpoints behind Christmas). And you can always highlight that the father moose loved his family so much he wanted them to have a happy Christmas and spend time with them, etc. The book never explains why the father moose has a huge mustache, which is what I found strange. I guess I haven't seen a ton of moose in my life, but I don't think any of them had long mustaches. Anyway, I digress. Cute book. Not the cutest, but definitely different from the others!
on December 20, 2000
What an amazing Christmas book! If there was only one Christmas book I could recommend to you, it would be this hilarious book. The 2nd class that I read this book to was laughing the whole time and joined in when it was time to say "perfectly perfect". As a teacher, you know that your students love a book when they can join along and read parts of the story with you. I love reading this book and I know you will as well. I agree with the other reviews, this book is very well written. But let's not forget about the terrific illustrations that will spark the children's interests. This will be a holiday story that will humor hearts of all ages.
on December 5, 2003
I fell in love with Moostache first. When I read Mooseltoe I was hooked again! My daughter is 3 and has already asked me to read it over and over. I even volunteered to read it to her class and it kept the attention of almost 10 2-3 yr olds! I have ordered 5 copies of this book(so far)to give as gifts this year. I promise you will love this book!
on December 11, 2012
It's a cute Holiday book for fans and lovers of the ol' Moose... But, lacking in some of the artistry of the original book! Not nearly enough of the caliber of poetry we so appreciate and came to expect!
on December 21, 2015
We love the fun of this book and the story reminding us that Christmas isn't about everything being "perfectly perfect" but about spending time with and the people you love the most and finding joy in the simple things even if things have gone awry. Oh and Moose has the most amazing Moose-stach of them all, it is glorious.

This is a great read for young children. My 10 year old laughs at it, but it is more geared toward children 8 and under, although enjoyable for any age.
on March 20, 2016
We love this sweet book. It's about how busy we get trying to make the holidays perfect and Moose is no different, only it's Christmas Eve and he realizes he forgot the tree. It's well written and we love the beat and tone of the story. Especially the ending! Five stars!
on February 11, 2016
My son so wanted this book n I'm glad I got it, but it had writing in the inside n was a bit worn. He ddnt care though. First time I've ordered from Amazon n I wasn't too pleased but all that matters is that my son was happy.
on March 15, 2015
This book is horribly boring, odd, fun funny. The reading does not flow. You get lost in the difficult reading. Definitely pass this book by!! So many other adorable Christmas books to read to your kids!
on January 3, 2015
I found this book to be about the worst side of Christmas. Moose works really hard to create the perfect Christmas but focuses on all the commercial aspects like cards, decorations, gifts, and big meals. There is nothing about spending time with family or volunteering, etc. To top it off, at the end of the book his family, rather than appreciating all his hard work, demands to know where the Christmas tree is. Moose is horrified he forgot. Rather than a Grinch-esque ending where the family decides they can have a wonderful Christmas without the tree Moose allows his family to prop him in the corner and decorate him. Then he stands there all night - I couldn't believe it! What an awful set of lessons to teach a kid about what Christmas is about!