1,566
Mophie Juice Pack Plus Case and Rechargeable Battery for iPhone 4 & 4S Retail Packaging (Black)
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: blackChange
Price:$99.95 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-10 of 127 reviews (3 star)show all reviews
on July 22, 2011
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: blackVerified Purchase
Pros:
-It works, so if you need a case that will give you a longer iphone battery life then try this case.
-It does add some weight to the phone but not too much, you may feel awkward lugging around you iPhone but the extra battery life is worth it.
-There's no fancy design or glossy finish which is great because you rarely see any fingerprints of any sort.
-Charges pretty quickly.
-No over heating problems

Cons:
-The case has some problems with certain screen protectors which can be solved by not using the top half but then the iPhone has less protection.
-The supposed sync featured does not work at least not for me running the latest iTunes 10.4, I get an error message with missing data shown in yellow.
-The led lights are a great way to notify when the case is charged but it is a pain at night since the lights are bright that it could disturb your sleep (if the phone is next to you which most likely is).
-You do get extra battery life but you never get a full charge. If you deplete your iPhone's battery, do not expect the case to fully charge your phone to 100%, you will probably get around 75% or a lil more which is not a big deal but I thought it would be good to know.
-Price, I feel that mophie may be overcharging since there are other similar slimmer models from competitors such as QVG and phonesuit.

Overall I am pleased with how the product works and design is nothing to brag about but it does add some protection against unfortunate accidents. It would be great if the company would redesign their top half of the case to be better compatible with screen protectors such as zagg.
on May 14, 2012
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: White
Pros: Beautiful case. Charges quickly and easily. Great for long travel days when you would normally run out of battery power and you can just switch over to the Mophie and keep going. Great customer service. When I dropped my phone and eggshell cracks appeared, I emailed them and they immediately sent out a postage paid label to return it and had a new case delivered to me within less than a week.

Cons: The replacement case developed cracks on its own even though the phone was never dropped. Mophie replaced it again (as I said, GREAT customer service). However, the second replacement case also began cracking in the same location on the front bottom end of the phone. I realized after reading other reviews that this is a design flaw and replacing the case repeatedly won't fix it. Then I saw a co-workers Mophie (she'd bought one after seeing mine) and her case had the same ugly chunk missing in the exact same location as mine. Two weeks ago, the phone took a minor fall and it compressed the charging port so that now I can't charge the case at all. Disappointing for a case that retails for $80 to $100. I've noticed they are now making bullet-proof black cases (think ugly Otterbox) so I'll be looking elsewhere for a charging case when I upgrade my iPhone this summer.
on June 26, 2011
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: blackVerified Purchase
I have had this for almost 2 months and use it quite often. It comes in very handy when you are on the go or on a plane and want to play games all the time like I do. It will easily double your battery life. My frets with this case is that it is starting to not want to connect to my computer when I try to sync it with my iPhone in the case. It keeps popping up saying something along the lines of the iPhone "not connecting properly". It simply does not sync anymore. I can still charge the case via the usb cable that came with the case and charge the iphone through that at the same time, but I cannot use the case on the iPhone while I am syncing to my computer. Still worth the purchase.
on October 21, 2011
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: blackVerified Purchase
I recently upgraded to the iPhone 4S and was looking for a case that would provide protection for ALL areas of the phone and still allow me some discretion on looks and style. Some cases are thin and functional but offer very little protection, while others are too bulky and won't fit in my pocket. I wanted something that would protect my phone, be functional to my needs and allow me to slide my phone on my desk and counter top and not have to worry about nicks or scratches. Having the ability to place my phone FACE DOWN without scratching the surface was a necessity. I prefer not to keep my phone facing up as people walking into my office could read messages that popup.

The Mophie Juice Pack Plus offers everything that I was looking for...plus. The case is all black with rounded edges and a sleek design. It's narrow around the screen and doesn't add much bulk to the top or sides of the phone. Most the bulk is on the back where the battery is located. It adds about 3/16" (.5cm) to the sides and top, 1/2" (1.2cm) to the bottom and 3/8" (.8cm)to the back of the phone.

At first I wasn't looking for a case with a built in battery. However, sitting back and evaluating at my needs it only made sense to have one. My job requires me to leave within a moments notice and sometimes the 15% left on my phone won't make the trip. I'm a stickler for allowing my battery to drop to 5% prior to charging my phone to prevent battery memory issues. I'm aware that the iPhone has an Lithium Ion Battery and in "theory" prevents memory, but experience trumps theory.

Pros):
- Protects ALL areas of the phone
- Raised edges on the front to allow the phone to be placed FACED DOWN without scratching the glass surface
- Provides edge-to-edge screen protector without pealing up edges
- Great design and iPhone 4S fits snug into the case. Doesn't move or slide around.
- LED indicator lights
- Matte non slick finish which doesn't show minor scratches or fingerprints
- It allows for me to charge the phone from 0% to 100%

Cons:
- Vibrate button is not centered (The Mophie case was originally designed for the iPhone 4. The iPhone 4S's new design moved the vibrate button down a few millimeters. However, it's still fits within the opening as you can see from the pictures).
- Color options (for me I actually liked the red in the 1500mAh but that color wasn't an option for the 2000mAh - I'm aware that this is just a preference but's something that I pondered over prior to ordering just the Black for the Plus)
- When taking picture in low light where the flash is heavily used, the pictures are washed out.

Overall this case is a great investment for me. It's protective, allows me to get up and go at a moment's notice, works with the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4, fits in my pocket and gives me 200% battery when both are fully charged. The issue with the camera and washout that other have mentioned does exist.

**UPDATE**

After having the device for less than 2 weeks it has already failed. I plugged the device into the wall using the iPhone wall charger and the cable they provided. The light began to flash and the phone began to charge so I went to bed.

I woke up (8 hours later) to find that the phone was now at 96%, no longer charging and the same 1 light was still flashing. I unplugged the device from the wall and pressed the silver indicator button on the bottom of the device. No lights appeared and the device didn't even take a charge.

I contacted Mophie support and they told me that I needed to fill out a form on their web site and then they would send me instructions on how to send back my device. I didn't want to go 2 weeks without a case and since I was within 30 days I decided to return the product to Amazon. I have since received a new Red - Mophie Juice Pack Plus which seems to have fixed the issues with the lights and charging.

In the end I ended up returning the case. After extensive review of other cases and products I've decided that the case needs to provide functionality for all aspects of the phone. For me, if it can't take pictures at night without washing them out, then I need to find something that works for me. Other may not need the night flash, but for the rare occasion that I do need it, I do want to have it.
on February 19, 2013
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: blackVerified Purchase
Absolutely wonderful case, design. I have enjoyed it for almost a year. Always had power and never worried about when and where my next charge would come. The look and feel of the case I absolutely loved.

However, after 11 months the connection must have gone weird since my iphone does not "recognize this charging device" and it is worthless beyond a protective case. I would get another if I knew it would last longer than my phone.

Anyone else have this problem?
on December 29, 2012
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: RedVerified Purchase
This Mophie case is amazing. It is amazing because I got it for more than half of what it normally costs. I only give it 3 stars because the one I purchased whenever I charged it with the included Micro USB charger, the end of the cord that plugs into the Mophie itself became loose very soon after. After a week or so, the charger wouldn't stay inside the actual Mophie, and I couldn't use my iPhone (inside the case) while I charged the case itself...
on March 10, 2014
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: blackVerified Purchase
This is a product i have bought at least 3 times since i have my iPhone 4S. The function is great and the battery life really keeps your iPhone as a Mobile phone instead of asking everywhere and everyone if they have a charger but is i told previously is the third one in less than 2 years because the lifetime has an average of 8 months. Either its the case that doesn't charge anymore or the Charge Pin damages for no reason and even once i bought one and it didn't fit my iPhone 4S.

Summary its a great product in terms of functionality but the lifetime of the product is very low and its not a cheap item.
on February 24, 2014
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: blackVerified Purchase
For the money it was fairly priced. I dont like the fact I have to jury rig the charging cord to stay connected to the external batt when charging the device.
on July 28, 2013
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: PurpleVerified Purchase
Juice pack did great recharging my phone back up to charge, but I am on my third one and the packs have all stopped recharging at night. Bought my first one liked it, but it stopped working brought two more one for me and one for my daughter and they both broke as well
on July 1, 2013
Size Name: One SizeColor Name: blackVerified Purchase
Mophie has a good thing here, they just need to stop cutting corners when it comes to details. The pack holds my iPhone 4s securely, and offers great protection on all corners and edges. Battery is extended 2-10 hours, depending on how I am using my phone, which varies from day to day, but with the sorry battery life of the iPhone I'm grateful for the extension Mophie provides. My only complaint, and it's big enough to be thoroughly irritating, is when I go to plug in the mini-USB connector it doesn't sit correctly in the phone and thus won't charge the phone; I have to gently wiggle it out until I see the lights illuminate on the bottom indicating that the charging has started. Yet on more than one occasion that hasn't been a solid indicator...the light will start flashing as if it's charging and 8 hours later, it's still on the first light, flashing - zero charge. There is serious room for improvement on this device, but for now it will just have to do.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations