5.0 out of 5 stars Love the product, but Amazon on the other hand...
Published on March 15, 2012 by G. Wiggins

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets the Job done... Awkward to use while on the go.
Published on October 21, 2011 by Kevin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets the Job done... Awkward to use while on the go., October 21, 2011
Kevin "Kevin" (Springfield, MO, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mophie Juice Pack Universal Boost Quick Charge 2000 mAh external battery charger for iPhone 3G/3GS and 4 - AT&T and Verizon, iPod - 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, and all 30-pin Apple devices (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought the Mophie Juice Pack Boost in an Apple Store in Indianapolis. I just bought an iPhone 4S and have found that I go through about two full battery charges a day (so far). My general impression is that it was a good buy because it does charge my iPhone quickly (appx. 1.3% per minute) but it is awkward to keep connected while on the go. because of the rigid structure of the 30 pin connector you can't just connect it and throw it in your pocket or bag, it really does need to be in a stable location or at least flat in a pocket that won't allow the devices to separate. I think if the device had a 30 pin cord instead of a pivoting rigid connector that the device would be much more functional.

Pros:
will add an almost complete charge from 25%
charges faster than other portable charging solutions i have tried
nice design that matches the iPhone 4(s)

Cons:
awkward to keep connected if not left on a desk\

::Edit::

After receiving a comment about my review of The Mophie Juice Pack Boost, I wanted to reiterate the cause and reasoning for my rating and review.

When I bought this product I wanted it as a means to charge my iPhone while I was on the go. I travel 100% for work so I don't have the traditional office time as many others do. Also I find it improbable that while I am in a stationary place I wouldn't be able to just plug my phone into a wall.

To me portable battery pack is something you take along with your and use while on the go not just as stand to use in your office that also happens to charge your phone.

That said I do think the device is worth the investment, it charges my phone and quickly. While I do wish that the connector would allow the iPhone to sit flush with the "Mophie boost" the device does its job. After a week of really using it, it is still a fine product but because of its limited portability while in use it is still 3 stars.

Thanks,

Kevin

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the product, but Amazon on the other hand..., March 15, 2012
I just received my Mophie Juice Pack Boost that I ordered to use with a 4th generation iPod Touch. It appears to be everything Mophie advertised it to be, fit and finish is excellent and it is charging nicely right now. It came with a USB charging cable and I am charging it from an iPad charger. It has completed charging while I have been typing this. So far, so good.

My complaint is that the device arrived from Amazon in an obviously pre-opened state. All the little plastic security circles were cut and the outer plastic wrap was poorly re-wrapped. I'm not sure how to react to this but the unit itself seems perfect without any signs of abuse so I guess I'll not worry about it. The manufacturer has a one year warranty so if it was returned to Amazon for some problem, hopefully that will show up during the warranty period. I just hate getting other people's stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stinking awesome, February 29, 2012
T. Daniels (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
How much did I like the first one? I bought another for my wife the next day. Our iPhones charge without removing their cases, and the battery serves as a stand as it charges. Sweet! There is no switch to worry about. If it is plugged in to your phone, it charges. Unplug it, and it turns off. Our iPhone 4 gets a full refill with it, and the 4S gets about 75%.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perect for the iPhone 4, May 9, 2012
Works as described. Compact and holds enough juice to completely charge an iPhone 4 1.25 times. I woould buy this product again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea bad product, August 21, 2013
This was my second morphie I purchased after returning the first one because of a defect. I have nothing but problems with this product to. It worked long enough for me to use it and not return it. Great idea bad product

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, June 27, 2013
I use this all the time. I charge it before my iPhone 5 battery gets below 20% as recommended in other reviews. No issues. It charges quickly and allows me to use the interest to track bus times, or call a cab after using it all day. I liked it so much, I bought one for my cousin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product. 1 minor design flaw., March 20, 2013
It's a great product. Does its job well. Very light and compact. Sometimes I forget I have it on me. I get about an 80%-90% charge back on my iPhone 4S.

The only inconvenient thing is the charging connection. It swivels around only to about a 45 degree angle, which is nice if you're using it as a stand for watching movies. But I want to be able to charge my phone while it's in my pocket when I'm walking around the city. At the 45 degree angle that's not possible. If I lay it flat, it doubles the length of the iPhone.

Don't get me wrong, I'd buy another one, I just wish one were able to lay the phone flat against the battery pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicest idea ever, March 13, 2012
I like the portability of this charger. I no longer need to carry a plug with me to work. The charge is effective and it works fast. The only flaw which kinda bothers me is that the battery pack is kinda weak. But other than that:5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Indespensible for craft shows!, June 10, 2014
I am a silk artist who often participates in Craft shows.I use a card reader on my smartphone to accept payment for my work.In the past I had the problem of power in the middle of a show.These events are often held outside and there is no place to charge my phone.MOphie JUice Pack came to my rescue.It is easy to use,works well and is small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver!, January 18, 2014
I bought this before my trip to NYC and this was definitely a life-saver. As soon as my phone reaches 20% and goes into the red, this is when I typically would start charging my phone. After plugging it in, this Mophie was able to charge it past 90%. If you do not use your phone while it is being charged, then it might be able to charge your iPhone completely.

One great feature about this is that it plugs in without needing to take off your case. I have an iPhone 4S with an Otterbox case and I do not even need to take it out of the case for this to fit. I bought a smaller mophie before that looks like a lighter with a keyring, but only charges about 40% of your battery but you need to take the whole case apart in order for it to fit. Avoid that and buy this. So much easier.

Some people have complained about the awkwardness of being able to charge your phone based on the length of the complete set (Phone + Mophie) but honestly who cares if this charges your phone COMPLETELY?? Just go into a coffee shop or a place to eat, set this on the table either propped up or laying flat on the table and you will be good to go in no time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›