Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 10, 2011
The Mora Bushcraft Survival Stainless Steel Knife No. FT11835 has a very comfortable and functional handle/grip and the knife comes very sharp right out of the package. The knife holds and edge well. The knife sheath in functional and has a couple of different options for how it is mounted on your belt and carried. Being stainless steel it is of course more expentsive than the standard Mora kinives made of carbon steel. The small but functional diamond sharpener is handy in the field after the knife has seen heavy use. The fire steel comes in handy for lighting a fire. It is important to practice actually using the fire steel bfore relying upon it in the field. Like everything else there is a learning curve when using a fire steel. I found the product features are as stated below:

- A razor sharp stainless steel blade with a distinct tip.
- Robust sheath with an all weather Fire Steel and Diamond Sharpener.
- It has a 4 1/4" blade of Sandvik stainless steel about 7/8" wide and .098" thick.
- It comes with two belt clips, the new style that encircles the belt, and the old style that clips over it.
- The spine of the blade is squared to provide a scraping tool for the firesteel.

I would reccomend this knife.
very nice product. The knife is one of the best mora i've seen for the outdoors. Very strong knife. The tip is thick and robust making it very effective at making fire boards. As for the steel, it is not carbon steel but it is just as sharp and easy to sharpen as all the mora are. The firesteel is very good as well no complains there. The sheath is decent works very good. My only complaint is that the diamond sharpening stone is too rough and the price is a little high. But overall a great knife perfect for those starting out in bushcrafting and also for the very experianced outdoorsman. Very nice.

UPDATE: After using the knife for several months I have got to say it is one tough knife. Very satisfied with its performance. AS far as the diamond sharpening stone, I take back my previous comment. The stone is a little rough but it is very good considering the steel of the knife and it does work for touching up the edge and keeps it functional. Still holding a wicked edge and no flaws to report!!
on March 3, 2012
Just took it to the field today, my 10yr old son used to knife and fire steel that comes with package to build and start fire, this is the second MORA we own and love them, they stay super sharp and are easy to sharpen when needed. you will not regret purchase of any MORA products.
on August 15, 2012
Made in Sweeden, purchased as a lower cost belt knife for use on hiking/backpacking/camping trips. The knife is exceptionally sharp. The grip is tacky so it doesn't feel like the knife is slipping in my hand. The grip is also slightly pliable so when you grip it, it slightly adjusts to the hand. The handle is a good size. It fits comfortably in my large hands, but is not so huge that it would be unwieldy for an individual of smaller stature. I like that the sheath has an incorporated sharpening stone (though I have not had cause to use that feature as of yet). The fire steel functions well. I am not the best with the fire steel, but I have been able to get a good spark with every strike of the steel. The blade cleans up very readily as well. The sheath includes two different mounting loops one is a fully enclosed loop to slide onto a belt, and the other is a clip that can be easily slid on or off without removing the belt. The interchange between the two mounting loops is a simple yet effective design. This knife is an excellent addition to my outdoor kit.
on March 3, 2012
Again, the seller makes this a five star review. this is the second knife I purchased from Harry J. Epstein Co., and again the service was flawless. If I buy Mora, its off Amazon, and from this seller. Now to the knife. I love it. The grip is perfect and fits my hand great. I like the stainless steel first and foremost for food prep in camp. it also holds an edge great to. the 3/4 tang puts some folks off, but trust me, you have nothing to worry about there. Its also nice and light.I have opened cans with this knife (stupid practice not recommended)and battond plenty of wood with it. Look on you tube for video of this knife in action. I did manage to break the sheath but to be fair, that was due to HARSH use. The fire steel is nice to. It gets loose in its little holder, but then, my knife has seen more use/abuse then the average Joe would put it through. I have this knife with me 99% of the time. I will have a custom kydex sheath made for it by Armadillo Sheaths to make it perfect set up. In short, great seller, great knife in that order.
on August 30, 2012
This Mora Bushcraft knife is my favorite knife as far as all around usefulness and value go.

This is another great Mora with higher quality 12C27*(thanks for the update, CW) stainless steel. The Scandinavian grind is unbeatable and has superb razor edge retention even after hard chores. This knife cuts extremely well. It is light and easy to wield with a good rubber grip.

Locks into hard plastic sheath securely and doesn't damage blade.

Firesteel that comes with this knife works very well.

The diamond sharpener is great for field sharpening.

A great survival knife that I would add to a Bug Out bag or take on long hikes etc.
on June 1, 2012
My nephew, who was born and raised (and still lives) in Sweden, says he has used Mora knives his whole life. I first came across a recommendation for Mora knives while assembling my preparedness kits, so I asked him about the products. He sent me a list of the Mora knives he uses regularly and I was impressed at the versatile line Mora offers and my nephew's recommendation for the reliability, durability, and quality of the knives. My nephew is not a knife collector by anyone's standards. He says Mora knives are a "staple" of Swedish life. His Swedish Army issue knife was a Mora. He says there just isn't any reason to buy another brand because the Mora knives are readily available and are simply the best at an incredibly low price.

Anyway, I bought the "survival" knife as I am a collector of such knives. This knife is very much the kind of knife you can use in any situation, especially as an all purpose tool. It doesn't have a lot of "multi-function" stuff built in to it, has an excellent feel in the hand (mine are a bit on the big side, being 6'5" and 300#), it is very sharp, and does not have a serrated edge, which is a good thing because serrations are very difficult to keep sharp in field conditions and add very little to a general purpose survival knife.

After 4 months of testing, the knife has completely retained it's edge and appearance. I sharpened the knife with the attached steel which worked nicely, although the knife didn't need sharpened. I just wanted to try it out. I used the sharpening steel on a few dull knives I had around the garage and it did an excellent job. The abrasive quality of the steel seems just right for field use. Anything different would take a lot longer (finer grit) or would simply be too abrasive for this steel (coarser grit).

The ferro-rod is as good as any out there and fits snug on the sheath in a nice location. It all fits solidly together, the quality is excellent, and in my experience this would be a perfect knife for anyone looking for a very high quality mid-sized knife at an incredibly low price. If you only want one knife for survival and general purpose use, this is it.

If you are the person who takes many knives along, want to spend more money to try to make others jealous of your prize, or something with more specialized and/or multi-tool function, this knife would fill the gaps between a big camp knife, a throat slasher, a folding knife and a pocket knife. This is the knife you would use most out of all the aforementioned knives.

Bottom line; I'll buy many more of this brand of knife for having around everywhere and I won't have to worry about losing, lending, or damaging them because the price is so low.

PS; I'm a "buy American" guy, but this exception was prompted by my nephew. ALL other knives I own are made in the USA of USA materials. I won't lend those out though. They are for MY own personal use and abuse!
on May 8, 2013
PRO
Sharp
Sharpening stone good for use in the field
Different belt loops give options
Fits in sheath nicely
Flint stick works well
Rubberized grip is sturdy

Nothing really bad to say about this, slightly overpriced for a Mora, but this knife is definitely worth it. Super sharp knife so be careful, sturdy blade, durable sheath.
on March 9, 2014
Love my Mora.. great knife.. for the price, function, and features this is a terrific buy! Only thing added was a wrap of yellow electrical tape to the handle.. only because the gray-black color scheme is easy to misplace at a campsite.

Fabulous knife for the buck!
on December 22, 2013
I like this knife.
It came very sharp.
It appears to be built well. I don't mind the plastic sheath.
The sheath fits well and seems to do the job.
I won't be splitting wood with it.
Very nice for what I need.
Haven't tried the fire starter or sharpener yet.
I've only used a strop on the edge so far.