From the Inside Flap
* A practical and detailed introduction on heartsmart eating that includes menu planning and shopping checklists, written by Leslie Berndl M.Sc., RD and Rena Mendelson M.S., D.Sc., RD
* A complete nutritional analysis for each recipe
* Helpful hints to ease meal preparation, including time-saving ideas, ingredient substitutions and advice on culinary techniques, complemented with black and white illustrations throughout
* Appendices complete with Canadian Diabetes Association's Food Choice Values
* 16 pages of full-colour photographs by Robert Wigington, Canada's foremost food photographer
Also inside you'll find more than 200 new tempting recipes for comforting soups, perfect pastas, colourful salads, marvellous main courses and delectable desserts, as well as some of Bonnie's best bread and grain recipes.
About the Author
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada is a voluntary non-profit organization that provides Canadians with the most current information and skills to help prevent heart disease and stroke. The Foundation's HeartSmart programs include helpful information on grocery shopping, cooking and eating out.