From the Inside Flap
From the team that brought you the bestselling Simply HeartSmart Cooking
-- more than 150,000 copies sold -- comes the much anticipated More HeartSmart Cooking.
Once again, premier cookbook author Bonnie Stern and the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, the country's leading authority on the prevention of heart disease and stroke, bring you a delicious new collection of healthy recipes, as well as up-to-date information on how to cook and eat well without sacrificing flavour!FEATURES INCLUDE:
* A practical and detailed introduction on heartsmart eating that includes menu planning and shopping checklists, written by Leslie Berndl M.Sc., RD and Rena Mendelson M.S., D.Sc., RD
* A complete nutritional analysis for each recipe
* Helpful hints to ease meal preparation, including time-saving ideas, ingredient substitutions and advice on culinary techniques, complemented with black and white illustrations throughout
* Appendices complete with Canadian Diabetes Association's Food Choice Values
* 16 pages of full-colour photographs by Robert Wigington, Canada's foremost food photographer
Also inside you'll find more than 200 new tempting recipes for comforting soups, perfect pastas, colourful salads, marvellous main courses and delectable desserts, as well as some of Bonnie's best bread and grain recipes.
About the Author
is the owner of Canada's most prestigious cooking school, The Bonnie Stern School of Cooking. She is the author of eight cookbooks including Simply HeartSmart Cooking
and has a weekly food column in the Toronto Star.
She is also a regular contributor to Canadian Living Magazine
and is a popular guest on radio and television.Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
is a voluntary non-profit organization that provides Canadians with the most current information and skills to help prevent heart disease and stroke. The Foundation's HeartSmart programs include helpful information on grocery shopping, cooking and eating out.