Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > The Twelve (Passage) forum

More Questions About the Twelve

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 6, 2012 10:49:28 AM PST
scottyc34 says:
Just read the Twelve, and then re-read the Passage. Obviously should have had the patience to do it the other way around, but I will say it actually made me appreciate the Passage more. I have a couple questions - I apologize if the answers were explicitly stated somewhere in the book or in another thread:

1. How did Hollis survive the Roswell Massacre?
2. Is Wolgast a ghost, familiar or viral? If a viral, when did he get turned?
3. And, finally, what's the deal with Carter and the boat - I read this super-fast and I sort of don't get it? I'll take anyone's best theories.

Thanks.

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 12:44:33 PM PST
Arsey says:
1. He grabbed Caleb and took refuge in a hardbox.

2. He was a viral but died in the stadium. Amy freed him from purgatory at the end of the book and allowed him to make his passage.

3. Carter locked himself in the boat to stop himself giving in to the blood hunger. However, the whole boat thing doesn't make a lot of sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2013 8:05:47 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 20, 2013 8:05:59 PM PDT]

Posted on May 3, 2013 2:23:23 AM PDT
I was wondering what other people's thoughts were to who saved Theo, Mausami and baby Caleb at the farm house in 'The Passage'. I recently read an interview with Justin Cronin who said if you didn't read how someone died, then they may not be dead. So my thoughs are it might have been Theo and Peter father Demo. Nowhere in either book does it refer to him being killed or taken up, just he left the colony. We know he knew how to survive from the 'long rides'. Maybe nothing will be made of it, but to me at the time it seemed relevant and was hoping it would be answered.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 8:42:58 AM PDT
M. J. Moon says:
I've thought all along that it's their father, too.

Posted on May 30, 2013 8:47:25 AM PDT
M. J. Moon says:
Does anyone want to speculate the last installment? Or at least give your own theories on what's next?

I'm curious about Amy taking back her human form. It sure seems that she is fated to be Peter's match. Perhaps their child will be the one to tie the beginning of the new world together?

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 1:26:19 PM PDT
J. Bosace says:
See the thread with Discussion in its title. Speculation occurs there!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 6, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Twelve (Passage)
The Twelve (Passage) by Justin Cronin (Hardcover - October 16, 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars (2,164)