Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: More Time To Think
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

73%
27%
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$6.00

on May 14, 2010
If you didn't get everything you wanted this Christmas--or even if you did--I want to suggest something you should give yourself as a new year's gift: more time to think. No, I haven't discovered how to squeeze more than 168 hours into a week, but it's probably the next best thing.

If it is true that the quality of everything we do depends on the quality of the thinking we do first, then the key to a high-quality 2010 is for us to think better. Fortunately, Nancy Kline has already figured out how to do that and has shared those insights in her newly-released book, More Time to Think.

Among the many delicacies I savor in Nancy's work are the dozens of paradoxes she has uncovered. One of those is that taking time to elicit everyone's independent, fresh thinking up front actually saves time in the long run. Along the same lines as John Wooden's piercing question, "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" I have found Nancy's assertion to be absolutely true:

In the Thinking Environment we think so well in the time we have that the time we have increases.

Do yourself a big favor and order this book. When it arrives, read it thoughtfully cover to cover. Put its wisdom into practice. Apply its principles in your business, in your meetings, in your relationships, and in your life. Then get ready to have the best year ever!

Nancy's work has had a long and lasting impact of me, so I was happy to provide her my testimonial, which she included on the back cover of the book:

"When you change the way you think, you change everything. In my work and my life, the Thinking Environment has made all the difference.

"Nancy's new book makes the big picture and the minute details of the Thinking Environment accessible to all. Whether you are brand new to Time to Think or you have spent dozens and dozens of days studying with Nancy as I have, More Time to Think will challenge you, inspire you, and invite you to seek everyone's independent, fresh thinking. It will, without exaggeration, change your work and your life."More Time to Think: A Way of Being in the World
on February 14, 2013
In combination with the course, and or practice this brings a treasure of possibilities in any kind of organisation, and in private life, not easy but worth the effort
on May 28, 2016
Very stimulating. Wonderful for leaders, consultants, coaches and facilitators. Full of powerful questions to ask. There is Wisdom on each page.
on May 27, 2014
One of the most comprehensive and helpful books for coaches, mentors, and executives. This book is highly recommended reading for all.
on February 21, 2015
It's rare to come across a book that is informative, life changing, practical, applicable and beautifully written all at the same time. Teaching through stories is a life-long tradition at which Kline excels.
on August 1, 2014
Practical , Clear, easy read, insightful ,examples provide think tanks for my own life!
on May 1, 2016
This is a great book. Easy to read and even easier to implement.
on September 20, 2014
Revolutionary book!
on January 12, 2016
A must read.
on September 6, 2012
The writing is charming and the content is quite helpful for those of us who work in teams. I am also finding this process a great way to listen to myself via my journal.