Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: More Time for You: A Powerful System to Organize Your Work and Get Things Done
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 17, 2011
As an Outlook expert, I am not too terrible at time management. This book will help you use your software more effectively.

I created several recurring appointments to implement this author's suggestions. There were a few hidden time sinks in my day that are now explicitly scheduled and I can limit their impact appropriately.

It took me about 3 hours to finish reading this book on Safari. If you are not an Outlook expert, add some more time so you understand how to setup the software properly.

I am going to make one suggestion. Instead of using Outlook folders, my suggestion for you is to use Outlook categories. This also works for Gmail. A message can be assigned multiple categories. Such as, it can be both "Waiting for response" and "Project Ultra". With folders, you can only move a message to a specific folder and that is very limiting.

You can create a view of your inbox that separates messages by specific categories. Read a book on Outlook to learn how all that works. There is a free book on Outlook, which includes videos for some activities, in your Outlook. Hit F1 to access it. :)
on January 1, 2011
This is not for the paper and ink organizer, but it's a good book. So many suggestions, though, that I got a bit overwhelmed and gave up. Still, I have read most organizing books, and this had new ideas that were good.
on July 8, 2011
Do any of these phrases sound familiar?

"I wish there were more hours in the day."
"I wish I had said no to that project."
"Where DID today go?"

No matter how you organize it, change it or rearrange it, there are only going to 24 hours in a day and 168 hours in a week. So what are you going to do? Perhaps it's not just about organizing. Perhaps you need to take a step back and learn HOW to organize.

The book captures your attention in the first chapter with the tale of Elizabeth, the perfect wife, mother and career woman. Readers can easily identify with this -the more you do, the more you neglect yourself? One line in Elizabeth's tale sums it up, "Elizabeth moves so quickly that she creates a wake of clutter behind her." We become inundated with so many tasks and activities, we essentially become paralyzed. Our lives come to a virtual stand still.

Tator and Latson take your world, shake it and help you to re-organize it to create the life you want to live. While no single book can perform miracles, More Time for You, helps to create a blue print from which to start.
on November 1, 2015
This book was excellent. So many things seem like common sense but we don't take time to plan and really understand how limited our time really is. Good tips on using your Outlook using some ways I didn't realize were possible.
on September 22, 2010
You would think since I wrote my own book on Time Management that I would be critical of other books on the subject but actually the opposite is the case. I love Time Management books. I always figure I can glean a few more ideas. And I think reviewing "what I know I should do" keeps me more on track.

There was a good section on ADD. How our busy world, email, voicemail etc makes us ADD. It talked about brain overload. The section reminded me that there is power in focus. Multitasking does not increase productivity - it decreases it.

There was a section the the "weekly" review. Setting aside a time to review goals and tasks. One thing I can add to my weekly review is "clearing my brain". They suggest an exercise to "clear" yourself so you can get more from the review. Good idea.

There were lots of quotes (and everyone knows I like Motivational Business Quotes)

"The challenge is in the moment - the time is always now" James Baldwin

"Reality is but an allusion - albeit a persistent one" Albert Einstein

"If a person knows not what harbor, any wind is the right wind" Seneca

"The shortest pencil has the longest memory" Old Proverb

There was quite a section on using tools like outlook to keep organized. Nothing revolutionary for me but a good primer for someone new to the topic.

Good book. Read it and all the time management books you can get your hands on.
on February 15, 2014
A one-page essay stretched into a book. The first 30 pages are about how good it's going to be . . . but it never ever gets good. Worst book I have ever purchased.
on January 21, 2011
MORE TIME FOR YOU: A POWERFUL SYSTEM TO ORGANIZE YOUR WORK AND GET THINGS DONE is a 'must' for any busy professional often facing overwhelm. It provides an easy, step-by-step program to get organized and stay productive, offering reviews of a range of tools useful to the process. Analysis of why we get overwhelmed and self-assessments make this a top pick for any business collection.
on May 15, 2011
I think this is the best book on time management I have read. Most of the suggestions can be applied even if you do not use Outlook.
on November 19, 2014
Good insights.
on March 24, 2015
A lot of the book was using Microsoft outlook. It sets up some nice ground rules for being efficient with your time that help out a lot (don't multitask, structure your day, etc), but after the first few chapters it felt repeatative. For the price it is a steal, though.