More of the same from Bethesda

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 44 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2011 12:55:08 PM PST
Nick says:
So, I'm really excited about this game after reading articles about it. It seems Bethesda has a niche carved out when it comes to creating games that are 1st/3rd person with huge worlds, amazing detail, and plenty of stuff to do aside from an amazing main story. I've heard the argument that their games are just the same game with a different "skin" but I think they have found a genre that works for them and are excelling in it. From what I have read Dishonored will have an extremely intricate AI system and will also push the envelope on the "play it multiple ways/multiple solutions to a situation" aspect. I like the setting and of course the graphics look top notch. I for one am looking forward to this title very much!

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 6:52:30 PM PST
YO says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 8:56:40 PM PST
Energico Q8 says:
I agree with u but we dont have to wait 5 years if they gave us fat DLCs :D

Posted on Nov 25, 2011 7:20:58 AM PST
Grimes says:
The game isn't being made by Bethesda.

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 11:48:53 AM PST
Nick says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 9:08:05 PM PST
Grimes says:
Uh, no it isn't. Bethesda is publishing it which is not the same as making it. The actual Bethesda development team is not working on this game.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 10:23:54 AM PST
kaosrogue says:
a studio under bethesda making it is not quite the same as bethesda making it. recent games in similar position have been Rage, Hunted, Wet, Brink and Rogue Warrior. that being said, i am looking forward to this game, creator of deus ex is an excellent person to create this type of game, plus i love steampunk-esque worlds.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 8:56:25 AM PST
JTW says:
Hopefully, they will figure out how to make a game for the PS3 before they actually release it and try to fix it on the fly. I'll wait for the reviews before I buy another game published/written/whatever by Bethesda.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 11:54:52 PM PST
i agree with JTW 100%

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 4:19:09 PM PDT
Yes to JTW. Can't believe that terrible products that Bethesda churns out for PS3. Rage was alright, more so because it was only one disc, but overall, the games they put on the PS3 are incomplete.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 8:35:26 AM PDT
Vyprstryke says:
Bethesda isn't making it though, just publishing. Arkane Studios is developing this. The last game they did was BioShock 2 which looked and ran beautifully on the PS3. Bethesda and Obsidian Entertainment are the only combo you need to worry about churning out a buggy ps3 port. (Fallout and the Elder Scrolls games most notably)

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 11:12:58 PM PDT
J. says:
I see this mistake made constantly, no matter how many times people attempt to correct it.

ZeniMax Media is the parent company and publisher. ZeniMax Media now publishes under the name "Bethesda Softworks," because the name is more recognizable in the industry.

Bethesda Game Studio is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ZeniMax, but it is not the -only- developer owned by ZeniMax Media / Bethesda Softworks, it's merely the 'flagship,' as it were. There are plenty of others, such as Arkane (Dishonored), id (Rage), Obsidian (New Vegas), etc.

It's the same relationship as any major publisher with their developers, such as Activision with Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Blizzard, etc, except in this case ZeniMax publishes under the name of their premier dev house for the sake of name recognition.

Posted on May 17, 2012 7:33:40 AM PDT
B. McIntosh says:
I think you have Bethesda confused with Infinity Ward and Treyarch.

Please explain to me how Dishonored is just Elder Scrolls or Fallout with a different skin.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 2:41:49 PM PDT
Curious if I should get this on PS3 or XBox? I normally just get PS3 exclusives and everything else on Xbox, but would like to try something new on PS3.

Posted on May 31, 2012 4:12:19 PM PDT

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 7:49:43 PM PDT
Horowitz says:
It's Arkane with Harvey Smith (Deus Ex, Thief) and Viktor Antinov (Half-Life 2) on board.

Bethesda's just the publisher.

Thank god. Due to this, this'll likely be more stable than any internally developed Bethesda game on PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 1:54:52 PM PDT
Ronai Sanzer says:
might as well get most stuff for ps3, xbox is for halo and gears.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 12:11:19 PM PDT
Arturo Nuno says:
All games are the same. Push buttons and something happens on screen. Derp. I've bought mario like 30 times because it's good, and the same goes for oblivion/fallout/skyrim (which are totally different from eachother, with lots of similarities too.) They should do a star wars game that's a lot like skyrim. I would totally buy that.

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 5:56:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 26, 2012 5:59:32 PM PDT
Kagejmorgan says:
Not trolling here, but I am the same when it comes to beth, even if its ONLY being published by beth, they still have a horrible time with sending a patch to there published games. example would be Oblivion, the PS3 port wasn't done by beth (why it looked so damn good) but it did have a game breaking glitch beth refused to let them work on and send an update for. hell even the oblivion re-release they still refused to update/patch.

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 10:39:06 PM PDT
OMMEGA42 says:
Too bad it has Bugthesda written on the box, so pretty sure I'll get it... When it hits the bargain bin of pre-owned games :P

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 11:57:02 AM PDT
Ronai Sanzer says:

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 7:04:03 AM PDT
C. White says:
I don't care who made it, if it has Bethesda's name on the box I will not buy it for the PS3 until it has been out a long time, if I buy it at all. I bought Skyrim for PS3 on day one and my game still has unplayable parts in it. Don't get me wrong, I love playing the parts I can, but it's frustrating to pay full price for a product and feel like a beta tester.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 5:22:30 AM PDT
Agreed...all of those games pretty much sucked.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 5:25:14 AM PDT
Get it on PC.

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 2:43:20 AM PDT
TimetoRise says:
I also won't buy it for at least half a year. If I see the name Bethesda I don't buy. I learned that the hard way with Skyrim.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  31
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 22, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dishonored Greatest Hits - Playstation 3
Dishonored Greatest Hits - Playstation 3 by Bethesda (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (382)