5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!
Published 24 months ago by Pam Choate

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Terrible Two's Heroine!! Don't touch that mouse!!
Published 8 months ago by Carol M Johnstone

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Terrible Two's Heroine!! Don't touch that mouse!!, March 23, 2014
Carol M Johnstone (SEAL BEACH, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Morgan's Hunter: Book One In The Bodyguards Of L.A. County Series (Kindle Edition)
This book has an interesting story line which is totally ruined by the characters. All the wise, good lines are given to the men. The heroine is sexy, well-built, not afraid to get dirty, but also stubborn, without the least commonsense and with no active sense of survival. Stopped reading when I was rooting for the sexy, former military hero to wise up and move on. Gentle reader, do not be deceived. If an employee ever tells her boss "You can't make me", such as this heroine did, that employer will most likely say "Hide and watch", NOT "isn't she so cute!" A parent who survives her child's terrible twos and teenaqe years is unlikely to find such an attitude "cute" at 26.
The tale also suffers from the author's sense that the heroine needs a more noble purpose - solving the murders of her friends. Unfortunately, the word never gets to the heroine who blithely puts herself in the same place as her friends were when they got killed without doing any detective work. She suffers from angst over the pictures of her murdered friends without the least concept that she is endangering herself.
Gentle reader, search for the heroine who is persistent in the face of failure, not stubbornly denying the facts given her. It is not "independent" to refuse to accept advice, especially advice from those who are older and wiser and "on your side".
There are other plot inconsistencies which might be remedied by an editor, but the book really just needs an adult heroine.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, November 28, 2012
Pam Choate (APO, AE United States) - See all my reviews
Every page of book one, Morgan's Hunter is absolutely AWESOME!! I was completely hooked from the first page of Morgan's Hunter. With the connection to the military, as I am a retired military wife, one could only continue this read to find a very enjoyable ending! I immediately started the second book in the series, Falling for Sarah, out of anticipation for more from this great author! Mrs. Beauman did not fail in quenching that anticipation. I highly recommend all to read the complete series of The Bodyguards of L.A. County, you will not be disappointed in any way!

P.S. I certainly hope someone is working a movie deal with Mrs. Beauman....they would definitely be a box-office sensation!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars unlikable & unbelievable hero ane heroine, April 16, 2013
The hero was a jerk. The heroine spent the entire story proving to the jerk how independent she was. Thru out the story she continued page after page to carry out actions that were so stupid it was as if she wanted to get them both killed. The author was trying to portray an intelligent take charge women instead the heroine came across as a women who knew her job but not much else A cotton headed spoiled headstrong child.The jerk hero was big headed Both characters were one dimensional and unbelievable as characters as a result. I did not finish the book. Iwill not buy any of this authors books again and truly wish I had not spent my precious money on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Romance and Action, October 15, 2012
4.5 stars!

I saw this book on Facebook and it looked like a book I would like, so I clicked on the link to Amazon and bought it.

I loved that the book started out like an action novel and continued in that vein through a lot of it. It made for an exciting romantic read.

Hunter and Morgan have obvious sparks between them from the beginning. They both irritated me just a bit with their automatic assumptions about each other, but that is what people often do, so its real. Many people judge first and stop to ask questions later. So although irritating, it is also human nature.

I knew 'who dunnit' from the minute I saw them enter the story, but that is not anything against the book, I read a lot of very complicated story lines. In fact, I enjoyed watching my suspicions play out and was even telling the characters at one point, "Don't do it, don't trust them." Of course the characters didn't suspect what I knew so they didn't listen to me at first.

I liked how things grew between them and how things played out in the book. The only thing that truly bugged me was Hunter purposefully holding back information. Once they knew where the incriminating evidence was, there was no reason for Morgan not to know. Once she had seen the evidence, her life was in danger no matter what, all of the information wouldn't have put her in any more. So that part didn't make sense to me, other than it allowed certain things to happen that wouldn't have otherwise happened had she known. (as you can see, I am doing my best to keep from revealing spoilers)

All in all though, a great book that I wouldn't mind having in paperback on my shelf. It looks like there are more books to this series and I look forward to reading them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just didn't quite get there..., January 18, 2013
Morgan's Hunter had a fantastic premise for a book - in that, Ms. Beauman didn't go wrong. However, the interaction between the H/h left me lacking. Neither of them seemed to like the other one throughout the entire book, yet just like that they seemed to be in love. The verbal sparring was interesting and kept the story moving along, but I just didn't feel it. I was reading for a romance and I was left lacking the spark that I felt should have connected these two.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read, February 2, 2013
I read the second novel(Falling For Sarah) in this series first. It may have been a mistake, because I thought it was so great, I could not wait to read Hunter's story. Maybe my expectations were too high, I don't know, but I got a little bored with the characters. Hunter and Morgan were not as exciting as Ethan and Sarah. I am planning to read Hailey's story next which is the third in the series. I am hoping that it will be better than than this one.

Anyway, that is why I only gave 3 stars instead of 5. Here's hoping that Cate gives me a better story to read for Hailey.

1.0 out of 5 stars Could NOT finish book!, December 20, 2012
I have never read this author and I know she has a series so maybe it was just this book that did not appeal to me. That being said I seriously doubt that I will ever read another book by her. At first I thought I was going to enjoy this book but the heroine quickly became annoying. Her character wanted to be so independent that she took stupid risk and came off as an idiot. I could not even finish the book and I was not halfway through. I would not recommend this book ever.

2.0 out of 5 stars Seriously these people are dumb and dumber, April 16, 2013
I was all set to really enjoy this book. The storyline sounded great and after I read the free sample I was excited to read the rest of the book. Unfortunately the main characters were totally unlikable and stupid. Hunter started out as an interesting character but quickly devolved into a complete jerk before I was a quarter of the way through. Morgan was a spoiled brat that wouldn't listen to anything her bodyguard had to say constantly putting herself and Hunter in danger. They were both idiots. He refused to tell her what he had discovered about her friends' shooting and she barrelled forward full steam ahead not knowing or caring what was ahead of her or what kind of danger she was in. Why didn't he tell her what he found and then contact her father or the authorities so they could investigate. Just didnt make sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here's where it starts...., April 11, 2014
And once you begin, you wont stop till you get through the series. Hot, hot, hot-and VERY WELL written. Another series I'm likely to come back to for a re-read.

1.0 out of 5 stars not even okay, December 26, 2012
BORRING!!! plot was contrived, suspense no where to be found. plot peaked about 4 chapters from the end then the people in the book, not even characters, proceeded to angst themselves to death. no where near interesting. move on to your next book.