Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

76%
24%
Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$7.99

on June 19, 2012
There's been a lot of excitement brewing over Morning Parade. Their selftitled album, MORNING PARADE, was released earlier in Europe and has finally found its way over stateside. For listeners unfamiliar with the band, the music is a blend of indie-rock with a light touch of electronic rhythm, marked by synthesizers. The band is rounded out by the vocalist Stephen Sparrow's powerful and energetic voice.

The band deals with mainly with two styles: uptempo rock songs and downtempo delicate ballads. For my money, MORNING PARADE works best when it is uptempo. Lead single "Us & Ourselves" does a good job of balancing these two styles - it begins quietly and gradually evolves into a percussive, louder track. The music here is often very thoughtful, and it adheres to the normal conventions of rock music (4/4 timing, verse-chorus structure, etc...) Morning Parade's debut is very consistent, but the concluding track "Born Alone" didn't feel as strong as the rest of the album. The only real drawback I encountered with this album is that it didn't stay long with me. The production of the album lends itself in such a way that the drums always sound the same, the guitars always sound the same, etc... However, while you're listening to it, MORNING PARADE makes for a good listen.

Fans of the Wombats, the Temper Trap, and Passion Pit will probably like a lot that MORNING PARADE offers. Standout tracks include "Carousel," "Headlights," and "Us & Ourselves." I would recommend sampling this album here on Amazon - most of the album is representative of these short samples (just imagine fully fleshed songs surrounding them).
on December 9, 2012
I first heard the bands single, headlights, on the radio and knew that i wanted to check this band out when i could get to a computer. I make it a policy to try and buy an entire album for bands, so much of my favorite music ends up being the non-single songs you never hear on the radio. Appreciating a song takes a few listens to really get the flavor and scope of it and you really can't get an idea from the small fragment preview. I think that there is still some art left out there in organizing an album to have good flow as well and that good bands pay attention to that. This is the long way of saying after a few complete listens this album is packed with good material and the songs play well together as a group and not just singles.

There is a good mix of faster and slower songs. A lot of good harmonies and songs that build up or change up the pace. The vocals throughout are excellent. Carousel is a great song with good driving rhythm foundation. Us & Ourselves builds from a slower song starting out with just vocals and guitar to the drums and bass coming in with a good pumping beat. I really like songs that have a change up like this. Half Litre Bottle is an intimate, slower song that has a different feel in a good way. It's like a heartfelt solo performed by the lead singer (though i have no idea if it is a solo and there is some soft instrumental elements joining in at the end). You just have the sense of a lonely singer playing guitar on a stool, small stage in the corner of a dark bar, solitary stark spot light illumination, no eye contact, pouring out an intimate experience that can only be expressed in a song.

I can't say that i have broad and profound musical interests, I just don't have time to put in the effort. Sure i would like the internets to think that i have some massive collection of uber cool music and therefore you should care about my opinion... its just not the case though. My collection moves slow, in fits and bursts and this has been a worthwhile addition. This album is slower moodier alternative rock that is right in my wheelhouse, I highly recommend the album.
on January 17, 2013
I like these guys. I first heard them when I was watching videos on cable. I thought Headlights was such a cool song! Great guitars, smooth vocals, pleasant harmonies, tight drums and bass. Rock music that is very likable, listenable and something I wish more rock bands would move toward. When I listen to this CD on my good stereo system, I can hear that the recording or engineering isn't top notch - there's no sound stage and the sound quality is lacking. I'd like to hear what these guys sound like when properly recorded!

There isn't a weak song on the CD - something great to see for a first recording. Close to Your Heart and Born Alone are my favorites, but Speechless, Carousel, Headlights, Under the Stars, Half Litre Bottle - they're all great. The entire CD is great! Congrats to Morning Parade for putting out a solid winner and I look forward to their next CD.
on July 14, 2012
One of the best albums I have gotten in a long time!!! These guys are definitely gonna be the next big thing !!! Love them!!!!
on October 2, 2012
I purchase this album the same day when the Killers Battle Born was released. I threw killers CD out and have been playing this album more. I love the sound of alternative brit pop and this album had no flaws. It reminds me what if I can take the Doves mash them up with fall and winter and a bit of Oasis and sprinkle some Smiths in it. I wish they would come back to MN and play some more show. I'm not gonna review each song, you will have to discover that on your own. Get this whole album, listen to it, emerge yourself around your surrondings. This album is fullfilling.
on November 22, 2012
Morning Parade is an increasingly rare phenomenon; a band from which I had an initial favorable impression due to a single I heard on the radio. The album, which I purchased at a discount, was a good value. Mid-tempo numbers are fairly hooky. Nothing profound here, but it was fun to listen to.
on September 24, 2012
After hearing Morning Parade on Alt Nation I decided to get the album, and am glad I did. The album stands on its own with songs that have a similar feel to those that get airplay, but different enough not to feel like they're a one trick pony. I enjoy it from start to finish, so if you like Headlights and Carousel you'll enjoy the rest of the album and the fact that it has replayability.
on September 9, 2012
Really enjoy this CD. I have a hard time listening to anything else right now.
Great vocals. Excellent songs. Get this while it's still a $5.00 download because you can't go wrong!
on August 30, 2012
I bought this cd because I liked the Headlight single but every single song on this album is awesome! I definitely recommend it to anyone that likes their Morning Parades current single
on September 1, 2012
I decided to preview this album because amazon suggested it and boy was it a great suggestion. I can't stop listening to this album. Great songs, great use of instruments, great band.