5.0 out of 5 stars a "must" read if you enjoyed tuesdays with morrie
Published on August 3, 1999 by Blaine Greenfield

Published on September 24, 2005 by David Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars a "must" read if you enjoyed tuesdays with morrie, August 3, 1999
heard the taped version of morrie: in his own words by morrie schwartz . . . if you read mitch albom's best-seller tuesdays with morrie (one of the finest books i have ever read), you will now want to get hold of this--which presents the philosophies by which morrie triumphantly lived before he succumbed to lou gehrig's disease . . . here, you will get insight on such topics as "handling frustration" and "reaching acceptance" to "relating to others" and "being kind to yourself" . . . don't miss it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-altering, August 15, 2001
Agnes Ong (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) - See all my reviews
I can tell you this with all honesty - if you're restless, edgy, wondering what the hell is wrong with you when you've got a comfy, cushy life & job & friends & material goods, read this book. It's life-changing and makes you re-evaluate your priorities. My colleague told me about this book - one of the few that she reads that has nothing to do with work, btw - and told me I had to read this. Being in an industry (IT) that always shifts beneath our feet (sometimes more often than the tetonic plates below our Earth surface!), it relays a different message that begs the reader - and thinker - to reorganize his/her life, loves & priorities. I read it during the lunch hour and came back calling up my close friends and telling them I love them and that I want to see them more often.
Now, THAT'S a book with a difference.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wise advice for the dying, plus a little bit for the not-so-dying, September 24, 2005
Schwartz, the protagonist of Mitch Albom's Tuesdays with Morrie, gives candid, helpful advice about making the most of your remaining days or months or years. I read Tuesdays with Morrie and thoroughly enjoyed the insights into listening to and caring about others. Albom did an effective job of culling out those parts of Morrie's advice that applied most readily to those of us who don't feel that our deaths are imminent.

"Morrie: In His Own Words" feels like Schwartz is very directly addressing those who are in the last stages of life, although he invites the rest of us to listen in. He gives practical advice for coming to terms with your diagnosis, dealing with well-meaning family and friends, and making your final months meaningful.

Of course, much of the advice applies to all of us. "It's not too late to develop new friendships or reconnect with people." "It's not to late to...ask yourself if you really are the person you want to be, and if not, who you do want to be." These important reminders helped me ask myself those questions, and any book that encourages introspection deserves consideration.

This book is poignant, practical, and short; and I would give it without reservation to a close friend approaching death. For those whose deaths have not been diagnosed, though, I might stick with Tuesdays with Morrie.

5.0 out of 5 stars A helpful, as well as thoughtful, book, June 16, 1999
By A Customer
I lost a friend to ALS two years ago. Some the insight given by Morrie would have been helpful to me during her illness. He offers suggestions to the person experiencing the terminal illness, while at the same time making suggestions to caregivers, friends and family. An easy book to read in an afternoon and one that will be remembered.

5.0 out of 5 stars I felt that I was with Morrie when he wrote it., June 27, 1999
genecork@gulftel.com (Gulf Shores, Alabama) - See all my reviews
After reading "Tuesdays .." I wanted to read "Morrie..", I was not disappointed. I can see why Mitch Albom wrote what he did. I read "Morrie..." while waiting for my wife to come out of a cancer operation, it helped me. Her cancer was removed, notheing further was found, and Morrie was helpful to me. Great read, under any circumstances.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Must" for all humans!, January 12, 1999
By A Customer
We can learn from one man's wisdom that he has gathered throughout his life and desires to leave us. If we all followed the principles in this book, our life would be so peaceful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Morrie changed my life!, April 20, 2001
By A Customer
I read 'tuesdays with Morrie' and heard Morrie Schwartz's words that people are the most important thing in the world. His conversations with his adult student (Mitch Albom)were very enlightening for me as I struggled with the same conflicts in my life...the importance of work vs the work of importance of others in our lives. Morrie makes it look so simple...but he engages us with the complexities and offers us hope. Than I read 'In His Own Words' and had difficulty with it. Listened to it on audio cassette and it began to make some sense. There are some very important lessons about accepting ourselves; forgiving ourselves and others; and that grieving is an important, necessary step in becoming whole. It was important for me to read 'tuesdays...' first and then to hear 'In His Own Words'. The wisdom on this tape will provide me a lifetime of goals towards healing. There is no mystery...Morrie steps us through the maze. Morrie's gift of words leaves a long legacy of healthy living. Now, I'd love to view the Ted Koeppl tapes from Nightline!

4.0 out of 5 stars Some Good Stuff, November 24, 2004
D. McGrath "dmack58" (Canton, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Morrie: In His Own Words (CD-ROM)
After reading Tuesday's with Morrie, I was curious to see how different Morrie in His Own Words was from Mitch Albums Tuesday's. After reading both, I preferred the lessons straight from the horses mouth. Morrie's

4.0 out of 5 stars Morrie: In His Own Words, June 4, 2000
This book is truely a wonderful learning experience about how people should treat and live their life. Its words of wisdom are stated by an old dying man named Morrie Schwartz suffering from ALS which helps him better to understand himself and add to his prospective of living and dying in addition to his other life experiences. They boil down mainly to being more open and loving(telling more would ruin the magic of reading it). I am a living testament that the advice Morrie has to offer works like a charm for it has made me a better person to myself and around others by practicing what he says as much as a can to a certain extent. As a book it is very easy to read and understand. However what took one point of this book is its originality(thanks to Tuesday's With Morrie, which has almost the exact same theme and lessons).

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching View of Humanity, October 11, 2006
Reading Tuesday's With Morrie touched me deeply, since I struggle everyday with a congenital heart problem--and I never know when the next day may be my last. Morrie's wisdom, humor and expriences is brought through from Mitch Albom's terrific writing. Morrie's words cannot be more insightful and wise as my body is beginning to break down....I re-read his book quite often, so I can feel uplifted.

This is truly a powerful learning tool for those who know people who are suffering, or are dying, or who just wish to know more about "why we're here".

There is one thing they didn't mention, perhaps was edited out-- We live on in immortality through the memories, experiences and love of the ones we leave behind. [and in some cases, in books, essays, quotes, music etc. that are produced by us]

One will underand from reading Tuesdays With Morrie is that Death and Life are intertwined, and that Death is nothing to be afraid of. Not even the pain of death is something to fear, as long as you are ready to face it.

Morrie: In His Own Words: Life Wisdom From a Remarkable Man
Morrie: In His Own Words: Life Wisdom From a Remarkable Man by Morrie Schwartz (Paperback - October 28, 2008)
$14.00 $8.86