Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on January 9, 2015
 Easy to put together and so much fun. Made our tree unique. I was showing our video of it to everyone and they all loved it. Sounds it makes is loud but I didn't mind it. At first I thought the tracks were too unsteady and flimsy for all three cars of the train so I only used two and it ran without any problems. I never added the third car since having two worked well enough. I did have to re-install to put the support beams where the tracks came together and that steadied it a bit. Since my tracks weren't the most level, I also had to hang a counterbalance on one of the support beams even though watching the train run on tracks that went up and down was fun! The balance problem may have been caused because our tree revolves at the same time the train was running. I may get another one next year to have two trains around the tree. Oh, if your tree top angel falls on the train and they both crash to the floor and the latch between the cars breaks, a twist tie really does work as a replacement lol (thank you to the reviewer who gave that tip). Train is surprisingly durable for the number of times it crashed to the floor.
on June 6, 2015
I have been shopping around for a simple train to go around the bottom of the Christmas tree this year to delight my kids. I have purchased two other trains that were in the $75-$100 range and neither of them would make it around the tracks on the carpet. It wasn't flat enough or something. This much cheaper train has much thicker, sturdier tracks, and is better built that even the Dickensville Village train I purchased. I can't say how it is mounted up in the tree, because I was going for something underneath.

It is definitely big enough to fit around a tree stand for a fresh 6-7 foot tree. The train is lightweight and plastic, which is good because it pulls really nicely around the tracks. It has two settings- short run (once around the track) and long run, where it goes on repeat for 4 hours. It is kind of loud, but the kids love it and it won't be on all the time. The headlight is a nice touch.

There is nothing fancy about this train. It's CHEAP but it WORKS. If you have a 3 and 5 year old like me, and you don't want to be stressed about them breaking a $250 train (which is what all the good ones cost) this one is for you. It should hold up nicely, and my kids were enchanted by it.
on December 19, 2014
I see in some reviews that people were having trouble getting the track to stay level on the tree. I had to do the last few turns on all six bolts with pliers, but we did succeed in getting it tight enough to let the train run with no problems at all (except overly curious cats). As you can see in the pic, we ordered this after we had already decorated the main tree, so instead we put it on his friend the palm tree. My son the train fanatic was over the moon with this new addition to our holiday traditions.
review image
on December 15, 2012
We have had this train set in our Christmas Tree for YEARS!! The kids love it! Each year, we seem to have to repair the train as the kids have "loved" it a little to much. Smokes if you put cooking oil in it. Says "Merry Christmas" in a very muffled almost indicpherable voice. Looking for another one to replace our well loved version as our kids are older and still love it just as much as their Dad who I originally bought it for!
on January 2, 2013
Was looking all over for a reasonable train set for x-mas. this can be used on the floor and also attached to the b ark of the tree.. great product. My five year old granddaughter was able to stat and stop it...
on April 12, 2014
As a kid, my parents along with many other parents, had a train running around the Christmas tree in the living room. To keep this tradition going< I purchased several and gave this as early Christmas gifts.The Family and Friends who received the trains sets, loved them as did the kids. This is a well made product, that will be around for many more Christmas's to come. The price was very reasonable and delivery time extremely fast as I ordered them within 10 days of Christmas
on December 9, 2013
Great Holiday Tree! Simple, easy and my 2 year old loves it!
A bit loud but great for the Christmas season. Can't complain for the price, just what you need for the month you use during the holidays.
on January 1, 2014
This train around the tree is amazing. The whole family loves it. People that come over go crazy over it. Such a hit. Here is a tip. The bolts that help clamp the base around the tree was giving me a headache. SO I simply replaced them with 2 different bolts and nuts and no problem. It leveled itself right out. It was very simple to do. I bought it to surprise my boys, and put it together by myself. It was simple, elegant, and fun! Thank You for getting this to me quickly!
on November 15, 2011
This train was really cool when it was going.
That said, the track is not durable at all and pieces of it kept breaking while I was trying to install it. Some super glue and twist ties and it was functional again.
The train was too weak to pull both cars if there was even the slightest upward tilt to the track.
on December 1, 2011
I bought this train set a year or two ago. My son loves it. The train is easy to set up and runs great.