Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

on August 10, 2009
It's not going to be a substitute if you're serious about learning Morse, but it made it a fun addition for my friend who is currently learning. If you treat it as a kids toy (which I believe it was intended to be) you'll be satisfied. For serious learners of Morse, the flashers are helpful if you want to increase your visual skills, but the chart is in alphabetical order (as opposed to the tree or branching chart, which we found much more helpful)

Bottom line, if it's just for fun, you won't be disappointed. If you're looking for visual morse aids, give it a go. But if you're a serious learner, don't rely on it to be your best guide.
0Comment23 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2011
I was a signalman in the navy, so I got nominated to teach boy scouts for their signal badge. This tool/toy was a very cost effective teaching tool.
on December 5, 2012
My kids love these, and they are really worth the money. However...they are made of paper, so they're not a good choice for very young kids or kids who are rough on their toys. My kids are six and seven and they've done okay with them. They're having a good time learning some of the code.
on June 17, 2013
Great info included. Set is made of paper, so probably wouldn't stand up to use by younger children. This set is perfect for practicing Morse Code at a reasonable price!
on March 28, 2013
I bought this for my son who is 9. He has had more fun with this product than with a lot of the more expensive toys he has. It is a good learning tool too. Especially for children with a short attention span, it can be used for spelling words to make it more fun.
on December 20, 2012
These were part of several gifts we put together dealing with Morse Code so I did not open the packages. However, seeing as they are only paper (flimsy cardboard, actually), I'm assuming they will not hold up very well. That's OK as this isn't something likely to entertain kids for too awfully long anyway. You get what you pay for and overall they are what I expected.
on May 28, 2015
I played a word cyphering game with some young Boy Scouts who had never heard of Morse code. Most of them caught on to the concept and enjoyed the exercise. At least, they were exposed to the communication method. One parent was really impressed so I passed along my extra set.
on May 26, 2015
Cute little packet for two people, unfortunately the children I got them for didn't find it very interesting. So now this pocket Morse code set is packed in my car with the emergency equipment. You never know how helpful it could be one day.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2013
Fun, fun, fun! Used this in a homeschool co-op. the kids really enjoyed these. Loved the educational information card included.
on August 21, 2014
Very Cheaply made. Not worth the money. Make your own.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse