- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: Prima Games; Pck Lam Ha edition (April 19, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 030789097X
- ISBN-13: 978-0307890979
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 0.9 x 11.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 2.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (55 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #846,716 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Mortal Kombat Kollector's Edition: Prima Offical Game Guide Hardcover – April 19, 2011
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
The quality of the guide is poor. Even just skimming I found typos all over the place, from using the wrong "its" to "ration" instead of "ratio" to writing "BMG" instead of "BGM" for background music unlockables in the krypt.Read more ›
The book basically takes the move lists for each character (that you can get for free), and then fills the pages with tiny blurry screenshots of said moves. As for concept art, and the pretty pictures for which I bought the book for? There aren't many. The book is literally one picture of each character, and blurry screenshots of their moves and combos.
Also (as other reviewers have noted) advertised sections of the book are missing. I suppose that they hit some sort of deadline, and cut their sections out for some reason, but they are advertised as FEATURES OF THE BOOK, so that's classic false advertising. Features that don't exist include:
- Tournament caliber strategy for the serious tournament players. Only if by "tournament caliber" you mean "simple and obvious". Did you know Baraka is best used up-close? Did you know Raiden could teleport behind people? Wow what "tournament caliber strategies".
- Massive concept art section. Maybe Prima thought it was Opposite Day, because there is no concept art section at all, and what little there is sprinkled in the "Inside NetherRealm Studio feature" cannot be described as "massive" by any thinking person.
- Character histories with Fatality gallery and warrior evolution. This section simply doesn't exist. This would actually be a really cool feature of the book, but it's nowhere to be found. They show blurry screenshots of one fatality per character in the book, and that it.Read more ›
* Massive concept art section
* Character histories with Fatality gallery and warrior evolution
Neither of these are there. At all.
The book is FULL of typos. Combo sections are switched (yes SWITCHED) between Liu Kang and Kano. (did they even proofread this thing?) Many moves and combos on the cheap 'laminated' cards are wrong. Misspellings and badly listed moves are everywhere.
I suggest returning this book back for a FULL refund as it is not as described. That's what I did today. MASSIVE disappointment.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A much needed tool to use while playing the game. Not only unlocked more moves & stages, but also gave a glimpse of the future. Liu Kang' s furyPublished 9 months ago by Darrius Bonner
I loved this book! It's awesome and beautiful! I recommend it to all Mortal kombat fans and for all fighting games fans.Published 21 months ago by UNREALWINS
it came in great condition fast delivery only thing i dont like about this is wrong codes in book other than that its perfectPublished on March 18, 2013 by Richard Hauf
I was excited about this purchase and the physical quality of the book is great but the content is lacking. Several of the character's combos were incorrect. Read morePublished on September 2, 2012 by A. Grizzle