| Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe is a fighting game merging the worlds and characters of the Mortal Kombat video game universe and that of DC comics. Featuring a deep storyline developed by top writing talent, iconic fighting arenas from both universes, character specific attacks and moves, two all-new fighting mechanics and single player and multiplayer support, it has something for every fan of the video game arcade fighting genre. Story |
The story of how the heroes and villains of Mortal Kombat and the DC universe could find themselves not only existing on the same plain, but battling each other revolves around coincidental victories in the respective realms by Raiden and Superman. In Raiden's case it was a victory over Shao Kahn, while Superman bested Darkseid. These occurred at the exact same time and involved inter-dimensional elements, which somehow merged their two enemies into one being, Dark Kahn, while allowing the characters of the two universes to interact. In this merging the powers of the heroes and villains are scrambled as well, making some stronger than they ever were, and leaving others vulnerable for the first time in their lives, allowing each to battle on more or less equal footing. And battle they do without realizing that the uncontrollable rage that they feel for each other is actually the work of Dark Khan. Gameplay
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe being a fighter, gameplay consists of one-on-one battles, both in local play and online, in which players can choose a character from either side who will face off against a counterpart from the other. Each character has unique attacks and special finishing moves, and fighting arenas vary depending on whether your character comes from the Mortal Kombat or DC universe. Keeping with the reputation for brutality in the Mortal Kombat franchise, characters from this side will have access to fatalities, while the historically less overly violent DC characters will execute "heroic brutalities," which are end moves where the opponent while beaten, is not killed. The game also features new gameplay mechanics such as: Freefall Kombat, in which players can engage in extended combat while in midair; Klose Kombat, during which the play angle moves to a close-up view of the action; The Test Your Might mini-game where you smash your opponent through walls; and Rage Mode, which increases the power of a character's attack by 50% and provides protection against being stunned by an opponent. Playable Characters
Playable characters in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe consist of some of the most popular heroes and villains from both universes, with most being available from the beginning of the game and some unlockable throughout. They include the following:
Key Game Features
| || |
| || |
- Liu Kang
- Shang Tsung
- Shao Kahn
- Sonya Blade
- Dark Khan
- Captain Marvel
- The Flash
- Green Lantern
- The Joker
- Lex Luthor
- Wonder Woman
- Dark Khan
- Choose Your Kombatant - Kombat forces friends to fight, worlds to collide, and unlikely alliances to be forged. In the ultimate Elseworlds story, players can now explore what would happen when Subzero faces off against Batman, and more.
- Signature Attacks and Finishing Moves - Each character sports specific moves to take down opponents in their own signature style.
- All-new Fighting Mechanics - Face off with two all-new fighting mechanics, Freefall Kombat and Klose Kombat. Freefall Kombat allows players to battle in midair while falling from one arena into the next. The brutal and up-close Klose Kombat showcases the gritty dark tone through progressive damage inflicted on fighters during battle through visible bruises, torn clothing, and more.
- Single Player Mode - Choose your storyline experience beginning with either the Mortal Kombat or DC Universe. The unique storyline intertwines both universes and characters into an exclusive dynamic fighting adventure.
- Ultimate Fighting Arenas - Battle in iconic arenas including Metropolis and Gotham City from the DC Universe side, and Hell and Graveyard from the Mortal Kombat side, as well as several never-before-seen combo arenas blending the two universes together.
- Top Writing Talent - The collaborative partnership of top comics writing team Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray (Countdown, Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters) along with veteran Mortal Kombat team members provides a dark, realistic tone.
- Multiplayer Battles - Choose your side, challenge friends online and locally to one-on-one fights.