Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on January 16, 2015
Although the item was broken and had a strong chemical smell when I received it the company gave me a full refund within 24 hours of my issue. The item itself looked very nice. It was shipped in a thin box with no padding! Which was crazy cause this item is heavy and huge! Love the look of it.
on March 17, 2011
I ordered a new mortar and pestle. The one they sent me had chunks of the granite missing on the sides and the bottom, and the bottom had a large K scratched into it (deep scratch - about a quarter of an inch in). The mortar and pestle work fine (at the end of the day they're not too high tech), but when you order something new, you expect something new. This was clearly used or defective. the seller hasn't responded to my email, and obviously this is not something I want to spend too much time on - so it looks like I'm stuck with a used product when I paid for a new one.
on April 19, 2009
This is a good quality pestle and mortar. I prefer to have something that is not completely smooth in the inside, to better grind herbs and spices, as I have had marble and wood versions in the past. Those take way too long and don;t do a great job of grinding. This one fit the bill and works better than any of the previous marble or wood versions I've had in the past. I also think this looks great.

It's pretty heavy, (6lbs?) and 1+ lbs for the pestle. So older people may prefer something lighter. It could probably use a rubber pad for the base so it doesn't scrape the counter, (Not that that has actually happened yet. (It's made completely of stone). Also, the pestle part arrived cracked, (it wasn't packed very well) but the vendor was very good at shipping out a replacement quickly once notified by e-mail.

I highly recommend this - it's the best I could find. 100% satisfied.
on June 5, 2013
I was kind of skeptical about buying this because I didn't think I was going to use it that often but I find myself using it nearly all the time. I can't wait to actually dig into the things that I really bought it for (learning to make Thai Food). It's very heavy, sturdy and does the job quite well, there are some reviews against it but if you're set on buying a really good tool for your kitchen I strongly suggest this one.
on January 5, 2008
This is just what I wanted. It is very solid (and heavy) and works great. I don't worry about it chipping or breaking at all. The bowl itself holds two cups of water and not more. I really like it!!
on January 10, 2009
This thing will grind ANYTHING!
Heavy - WON'T move around.
Stylish - it's made of GRANITE!
DO follow the recommendation of the earlier user who ground hard rice for several bowls until no more grit was produced. This is normal break-in for a product of this type.
Gave it to the wife for Christmas. Loves it.
Merlin